Research Missing Team Songs

Remove this Banner Ad

This match against Richmond has the clearest audio I could find. The intro is very different to the 1972 Fable Singers song and it has a different person singing. The song appears to have been used as early as 1996 and continued to be used until 1999.
Unfortunately, trying to restore the audio will be hard due to heavy background noise (commentary, post match interviews, crowd cheering etc.)
It also has slightly different lyrics to the 1972 song.

Great find - very clear in that one.

Today I received a Sydney Swans CD that I bought on eBay and unfortunately it doesn't have the song used for games between 1996 and 1999.
It does contain an alternative version of the current song with a second verse. It also has some dance mixes of the Cheer Cheer song and a more modern rendition of the Cheer Cheer song.
There's also 2 songs by a man called Dave Warner; The Courage Of The Man and Three Cheers For Roos
I'm not sure if anyone is looking for these songs but if you are, I can send a copy.

It seems that the Parramatta Eels have got a new song. A high quality recording is yet to be found.

It seems that the Parramatta Eels have got a new song. A high quality recording is yet to be found.
It turns out the "New" Parramatta song is actually a shortened version of the 1973 song.

I am still working on my 2 top priority songs, the 1997 Crows song and 1994-1996 Bears song.
Really need to find a copy of the 1996 finals game against Carlton because the Bears song is fairly audible in the TV broadcast and there's no PA announcement telling the patrons about the then new rule which prohibits public access to the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back