Unsolved Missing Toddler Hoang Vinh Le - NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

The 17 months old's parents told authorities they gave a woman at a Sydney coffee shop $200 to care for the child

The AFP and federal circuit and family court of Australia made a rare public appeal on Friday to find the boy, Hoang Vinh Le.

The police and court said in a statement that Vinh was removed from the court-ordered care of his maternal grandmother in April by his parents Hoang Thanh Le and Lyn Kim Do.

His parents told authorities that in mid-May they gave Vinh to a person they identified as ‘Kathy Nguyen’, who they met at a Sydney coffee shop, and had paid her $200 to care for the child.

The parents were arrested on 20 May, but Vinh was not located and has not been seen since. The parents have not provided details about who is caring for Vinh and where he is, and authorities have been unable to confirm whether ‘Kathy Nguyen’ exists.

In an affidavit to the court filed in August – part of which was made public under a court order issued in a bid to assist in finding Vinh – Do said Vinh was in the care of a friend who was also his godmother.

“I’m stuck in a predicament where I could not provide the much-needed care for my child and my worries for his welfare and safety grows with each passing day,” Do said in the affidavit.

“He’s currently at a delicate age of one where he will need a lot of attention, love and care from his parents, which I could not provide due to fearing the authority would come to more [sic] doorstep and snatch my child from me.

Thanks for posting this Kurve. Poor Vinh. Now it's been made public hopefully someone has seen him or has some knowledge to help him be found safely.

Red flags everywhere. Doubt this poor child will be found alive but hope I'm wrong. If he is his parents shouldn't be allowed anywhere near him.

Red flags everywhere. Doubt this poor child will be found alive but hope I'm wrong. If he is his parents shouldn't be allowed anywhere near him.

Sadly I feel the same. Interesting that the courts are now disclosing some information, perhaps thats a lesson from William Tyrrell.

From the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia:

So all three are missing and the child's believed to be with the parents?

The Australian Federal Police (AFP) and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia are seeking public assistance to help locate 10-month-old baby, Hoang Vinh Le, born on 21 June 2020.

He is believed to be with his mother Lyn Kim Do, born 15 February 2000, and father Hoang Thanh Le, born 6 December 1992.

Ms Do is a 21 year old Vietnamese Australian woman who is about 150cm tall with shoulder length black hair, black eyes and pale skin.

Mr Le is a 28 year old Vietnamese Australian man who is about 160cm tall with black short spikey hair, black eyes, and light skin tone. He speaks with an Australian accent and sometimes answers to the name Sam Le.

The child was last seen at a medical practice in the Canberra suburb of O’Connor on the 9th of April. The child was reportedly put into a Silver ISUZU MU-X 4WD with the NSW registration CF72YI.

The child has not been seen since this time, however, he may have been taken to the Temora area from 9 April onwards.

The child and/or the parents may have also been in the West Wyalong area and are currently believed to be in the Liverpool and/or Bankstown areas of Sydney.

If anyone has information about the whereabouts of the child Hoang Vinh Le, or his parents Lyn Kim Do and Hoang Thanh Le, please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, quoting AFP reference 6365180

Remove this Banner Ad

Back