Movie Mission Impossible: Death Reckoning (2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was solid, usual MI movie. Always a good watch. Look forward to number 2.

Said it on another thread, the whole bike stunt wasn't that great in the movie (especially having seen and heard about it so often) especially the whole reason behind the jump.....

I was expecting Clara from back to the future to be on the train each time the whistle blew

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was solid, usual MI movie. Always a good watch. Look forward to number 2.

Said it on another thread, the whole bike stunt wasn't that great in the movie (especially having seen and heard about it so often) especially the whole reason behind the jump.....

I was expecting Clara from back to the future to be on the train each time the whistle blew

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you avoided the teasers, it was great. But I knew it was coming.

The whole train sequence, though...phwoar. One of the best third acts of any action, much less Mission Impossible movie.

I'm more than willing to suspend disbelief for an action movie but the plot and scenes still have to make some kind of sense. MI used to be good with this because they explained an 'impossible' solution to a big problem then after a few setbacks and some amazing action stunts Tom saves the world. But this plot is poor, the scenes are badly written and are disconnected from each other.

The first hour was a mess. I'm still wondering why Tom breaks into a top level security meeting and gases everybody. Or what happened between Tom running along an airport roof in Abu Dhabi and the Rome stuff. But moving on very quickly - car chase! It must be hard to make an original car chase these days but they did it, and with some good humour too.

Then it got back to plot silliness. So many things left unexplained, like how the four, or was it was five, different parties always know where to find each other for the next scene.

Tom riding his motorbike off a cliff was slightly underwhelming - the promotional videos were more spectacular. We had a long sequence featuring the slowest runaway train in movie history! It reminded me of the 30km airport runway in Fast & Furious 6.

All the actors looked fantastic and put in good performances. The action sequences were awesome. It just needed some decent writing to connect it all together.

5/10

I have time for RobotHead tho, hes usually pretty astute (and brief) with Star Wars critiques
Well, he wasn’t here. Dead Reckoning was a cracking film but it’s a flop any way you slice it. Similar budget to Indy, similar box office. It was just another excuse for a drive by on Kathleen Kennedy, whom most people who aren’t man-children know nothing about.

Well, he wasn’t here. Dead Reckoning was a cracking film but it’s a flop any way you slice it. Similar budget to Indy, similar box office. It was just another excuse for a drive by on Kathleen Kennedy, whom most people who aren’t man-children know nothing about.
Criticizibg KK is more right than wrong in recent years. But fair point he's using MI to belittle Indy for the KK aspect

1st 2/3rds actually felt a little " phoned-in " but as previously mention, that 3rd act.... great googly moogly !

That being said, have they replaced Tommy with AI ?
Get animated, son !

Hayley Atwell is stunning

I get the feeling they're just getting ramped up and 2-3 will be absolute bangers

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back