Unrestricted Free Agent Mitch Brown [delisted free agent] (Sandringham, ex-Geelong version)

craffles

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
Round two. Essendon just delisted him after what I thought was a pretty good season. Will he have any suitors?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TerryWallet

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Farewell Mitch - The last of the 80's forwards......gone.

Bags, Myers and now Mitch.......i don't like these developments down Tulla way. Next they'll be footing Zaka outta the joint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cold Sober

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Getting rid of the wrong people.
This mob just keep giving. Yep, giving me the shits.

Ambrosia

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Probably unlucky but I just don’t think he could ever play a role for a genuinely good side. Just no ability to win a contest.

Tandy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2017
Victoria
AFL Club
Geelong
Probably unlucky but I just don’t think he could ever play a role for a genuinely good side. Just no ability to win a contest.
Any stats to back that up or just an opinion?
I seem to remember him winning his fair share. The fact he can go back and win plenty of ball should have been enough for the Dons to keep him on as depth.

Vindicater

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Thought he would get a year more but not unhappy with this decision.

Goes missing when the pressure builds. ( not the only one).

Red Black and Blue

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
I seem to remember him winning his fair share. The fact he can go back and win plenty of ball should have been enough for the Dons to keep him on as depth.
How do you back that up with stats? He averaged 3 times the uncontested possessions as contested this year is that the stat?

He’s very bad at competing up forward, he doesn’t attack the aerial ball and gives up on contests far too often and easily.

GUMBLETRON

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 1, 2008
NASA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg
Brown took 96 marks this season, 8 contested. McKernan by contrast was 38 of 81.

Top Bottom