Unrestricted Free Agent Mitch Brown [delisted free agent] (Sandringham, ex-Geelong version)

TheGrizz

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
The Daniher clan would be most impressed with the sentiment ...
Difference being Brown is a role player who is uncontracted and been on 1 year deals for the last two years.

Joe is contracted and one of the higher paid players at the club. Odd comparison, really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warhorse

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Brown took 96 marks this season, 8 contested. McKernan by contrast was 38 of 81.
Play completely different roles. Brown covers 16km a game and runs his guts out. Injuries have prevented him getting any real strength in those shoulders. He runs hard, leads well and is a beautiful kick. What he isn't is a pack mark and he relies on reasonable disposal as he is smart on the lead. He offers something different and in the right game plan could be reasonablw

fishardansin

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Play completely different roles. Brown covers 16km a game and runs his guts out. Injuries have prevented him getting any real strength in those shoulders. He runs hard, leads well and is a beautiful kick. What he isn't is a pack mark and he relies on reasonable disposal as he is smart on the lead. He offers something different and in the right game plan could be reasonablw
Yep there is definitely a role for a hard-running forward who presents repeatedly in most AFL sides. My hope is that this means that the club is confident Stewart is right now.

Vindicater

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Yep there is definitely a role for a hard-running forward who presents repeatedly in most AFL sides. My hope is that this means that the club is confident Stewart is right now.
I hope it is more that Langford will finally be settled forward and Brown is the one who feels the pinch of that.

Top Bottom