Free Agency Mitch Brown [joins Melbourne as a rookie during supplemental selection period]

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting rid of the wrong people.
This mob just keep giving. Yep, giving me the shits.

Would make sense if this was the case. Although maybe Essendon should have offered 2 years. If they can’t get JD in the park he’s good depth.
Can see you guys doing that as someone who can play both ends.

Probably unlucky but I just don’t think he could ever play a role for a genuinely good side. Just no ability to win a contest.
Any stats to back that up or just an opinion?
I seem to remember him winning his fair share. The fact he can go back and win plenty of ball should have been enough for the Dons to keep him on as depth.

I see your point that we might need more coverage. But not sure I’m keen on him. But yeah he’s good back up.
Could honestly see him being best 22 at either end for you guys.

I seem to remember him winning his fair share. The fact he can go back and win plenty of ball should have been enough for the Dons to keep him on as depth.

How do you back that up with stats? He averaged 3 times the uncontested possessions as contested this year is that the stat?

He’s very bad at competing up forward, he doesn’t attack the aerial ball and gives up on contests far too often and easily.

Brown took 96 marks this season, 8 contested. McKernan by contrast was 38 of 81.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back