List Mgmt. Mitch Clark Delisted 24/10/16

Remove this Banner Ad

For me there is two questions
1) If pre-season started tomorrow would he be training with the main group
2) How much money is he asking for.

If the answers is yes and not a lot then I'd be inclined to give him another year.
Didn't he leave before the VFL finals started?

For me there is two questions
1) If pre-season started tomorrow would he be training with the main group
2) How much money is he asking for.

If the answers is yes and not a lot then I'd be inclined to give him another year.
Could also find a decent cheap option from the WAFL SANFL or VFL. Wells does love a matute special in the draft

Could also find a decent cheap option from the WAFL SANFL or VFL. Wells does love a matute special in the draft

I wouldn't hold out a hope. If teams even sniff out an average KPF at that level they jump at it, it leaves the 2nd comp pretty bare for KPF talent. I still shake my head at how Podsiadly fell in our lap.

If the captain says "Caddy will be at Geelong in 2017" like Joel did, I stand up and pay attention...but Tom Hawkins making casual observations/predictions on game plan and players positions for the coming year, not so much. I don't think it tells us that much, nor would it if he gave an obligatory "I'm sure he'll be pushing hard for selection and step up if required" answer if he were to be asked directly about Clark.

I'd rather have Clark up forward than Henderson or Taylor. Stating the obvious that neither are ideal first choice plans.

Chris Judd mentioned Henderson was a natural backman (read crap forward).

Judging by Hendos two ignominious games for the Cats up forward I would suggest he is on the money.

I wouldn't hold out a hope. If teams even sniff out an average KPF at that level they jump at it, it leaves the 2nd comp pretty bare for KPF talent. I still shake my head at how Podsiadly fell in our lap.
Fair and accurate call but there are a few out there. You'd almost take a punt on a Peetree type if he was playing for absolute peanuts for a year purely as insurance

I think most of us would like to have Clark playing forward. But he's shown little to no interest in playing football for most of this year. There's no need to say he had a tough year I get that. But you can't just keep hoping he will play when all evidence suggest otherwise.

I think most of us would like to have Clark playing forward. But he's shown little to no interest in playing football for most of this year. There's no need to say he had a tough year I get that. But you can't just keep hoping he will play when all evidence suggest otherwise.
This isn't true. His 4 Vfl games before the bye were good. And had Chris scott talking about how excited they were and tempted to rush him in. Then the Duncan thing breaks and he's gone. Make of that what you will.

If Clarke goes along with kersten and vardy I would have Harry Taylor training in the forward group all preseason. Retaining lonergan is then a key so he and Henderson are the pillars with Kolo the third tall.
Taylor doesn't have to be a world beater, but I bet if he gets a sustained crack at it he will be a better foil than kersten and kick over 30 for the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to say but get rid of him - this club does not need the drama and hysteria around a guy battling his mental demons. A football club should not act as a psychologist. Geelong had too much drama this season for my liking - first Motlop turning up looking like a donut and then the rumours and sledging drama with Clarke and massive fail of a showing against Sydney. Move on and get the club back to where it needs to be (out of the media and producing results).

If Clarke goes along with kersten and vardy I would have Harry Taylor training in the forward group all preseason. Retaining lonergan is then a key so he and Henderson are the pillars with Kolo the third tall.
Taylor doesn't have to be a world beater, but I bet if he gets a sustained crack at it he will be a better foil than kersten and kick over 30 for the year
If we have a crack at a flag we want a true chf. Clark now the only one on the list. Harry could still float up to fwd line as could Stanley. No makeshift arrangements for mine.

Sorry to say but get rid of him - this club does not need the drama and hysteria around a guy battling his mental demons. A football club should not act as a psychologist. Geelong had too much drama this season for my liking - first Motlop turning up looking like a donut and then the rumours and sledging drama with Clarke and massive fail of a showing against Sydney. Move on and get the club back to where it needs to be (out of the media and producing results).
Gfc not acting as a psychologist. That done separately to club. Cannot discriminate on this basis or buddy would be gone, Wayne schwass and Nathan Thompson would never have played the game. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Gfc not acting as a psychologist. That done separately to club. Cannot discriminate on this basis or buddy would be gone, Wayne schwass and Nathan Thompson would never have played the game. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Actually, they can. It's a football club first and foremost. Players get a spot on the list based on their ability to play football.

There's a slight difference between Franklin and Clark too. Franklin has played 86 games in the last 4 years. Clark has played 13.

Actually, they can. It's a football club first and foremost. Players get a spot on the list based on their ability to play football.

There's a slight difference between Franklin and Clark too. Franklin has played 86 games in the last 4 years. Clark has played 13.

Vardy, Kersten, Read and Lucey out.
Clark gets offered a 1 year deal for mine. It's that simple.

agreed.

honestly, if everyone was fully fit i think our best line up for team balance is
Stanley no.1 ruck, with a little bit of time up forward
Blicavs no.2 ruck, with a little bit of time on ball
Clark CHF, with a little bit of time ruck
smith in the twos

even if he's not fully fit, i'd give him a year for peanuts just because we will have no other options once kersten and vardy go. would rather that than keep experimenting with hendo/taylor forward

I would like to keep him although hawkins talking about hendo or taylor playing fwd is a giveaway that clark is leaving i think.

honestly, if everyone was fully fit i think our best line up for team balance is
Stanley no.1 ruck, with a little bit of time up forward
Blicavs no.2 ruck, with a little bit of time on ball
Clark CHF, with a little bit of time ruck
smith in the twos

Can't see them playing Smith in the VFL if he's fit.

I would like to keep him although hawkins talking about hendo or taylor playing fwd is a giveaway that clark is leaving i think.

Can't see them playing Smith in the VFL if he's fit.

agree on both.

personally think that playing hendo or taylor forward is an indication we are clutching at straws though.
we are too tall down back, and in the middle. moving one of our best defenders forward seems like robbing peter to pay paul.
they seem determined to pick the personnel and then just find positions for them, rather than pick the best players for positions.

agree on both.

personally think that playing hendo or taylor forward is an indication we are clutching at straws though.
we are too tall down back, and in the middle. moving one of our best defenders forward seems like robbing peter to pay paul.
they seem determined to pick the personnel and then just find positions for them, rather than pick the best players for positions.

This can't be emphasised enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back