List Mgmt. Mitch Clark Delisted 24/10/16

Remove this Banner Ad

If the captain says "Caddy will be at Geelong in 2017" like Joel did, I stand up and pay attention...but Tom Hawkins making casual observations/predictions on game plan and players positions for the coming year, not so much. I don't think it tells us that much, nor would it if he gave an obligatory "I'm sure he'll be pushing hard for selection and step up if required" answer if he were to be asked directly about Clark.

I'd rather have Clark up forward than Henderson or Taylor. Stating the obvious that neither are ideal first choice plans.
I would like to keep him although hawkins talking about hendo or taylor playing fwd is a giveaway that clark is leaving i think.
conclusion jumping. Hendo a very average forward. Kicks more goals drifting from defence. Taylor has good hands but too important in defence. Loners gone after next year. Other three better get used to playing together. Mitch for 50 goal year. Take pressure off menz. Brilliant for motters and crumbers. Hawk freed of triple teaming. #keep Mitch pitch

conclusion jumping. Hendo a very average forward. Kicks more goals drifting from defence. Taylor has good hands but too important in defence. Loners gone after next year. Other three better get used to playing together. Mitch for 50 goal year. Take pressure off menz. Brilliant for motters and crumbers. Hawk freed of triple teaming. #keep Mitch pitch

I admire your commitment but i think you will be disappointed re clark.

agree on both.

personally think that playing hendo or taylor forward is an indication we are clutching at straws though.
we are too tall down back, and in the middle. moving one of our best defenders forward seems like robbing peter to pay paul.
they seem determined to pick the personnel and then just find positions for them, rather than pick the best players for positions.

The thing is that Peter is very rich and Paul is broke. If Taylor can be a good forward rather then a very good back then do it. Lonergan gets another year, the backline will be fine.

The thing is that Peter is very rich and Paul is broke. If Taylor can be a good forward rather then a very good back then do it. Lonergan gets another year, the backline will be fine.

i suppose this is where we disagree a little.
Hendo is a better player than kersten no doubt, but kersten would have offered more up forward in the final
similar logic for our ruck situation, all three of blicavs, smith and stanley are good players, but i think our team would have been stronger playing only 2 and picking another midfielder like lang for example, who may be an inferior player, but better suited to our needs in that position

Gfc not acting as a psychologist. That done separately to club. Cannot discriminate on this basis or buddy would be gone, Wayne schwass and Nathan Thompson would never have played the game. PLEASE!!!!!!!
It's not discriminating based on his psychology - its about his comments and upsetting team dynamics. He has not contributed anything to this football club on the field and off the field he has introduced drama and hysteria. The only positive is the light being put on depression that is playing out in the public eye which in my opinion is not helping him. The experiment failed - move on. Not the first time Geelong has gone for a hail mary and failed - look at McIntosh..

From what I recall reading they will only offer him a contract if they still have any cap room left and a space to fill on the list. You would imagine it would be on the minimum payment. It can't hurt keeping him as insurance. Who knows, he might have a big pre-season and get some games.

It's not discriminating based on his psychology - its about his comments and upsetting team dynamics. He has not contributed anything to this football club on the field and off the field he has introduced drama and hysteria. The only positive is the light being put on depression that is playing out in the public eye which in my opinion is not helping him. The experiment failed - move on. Not the first time Geelong has gone for a hail mary and failed - look at McIntosh..
Too early. We have no chf otherwise and keeping him may find him back at the club a dad and settled to go. He could have a great influence. Clearly the club isnt telling vardy to stay and kersten is gone. #keep Mitch pitch

From what I recall reading they will only offer him a contract if they still have any cap room left and a space to fill on the list. You would imagine it would be on the minimum payment. It can't hurt keeping him as insurance. Who knows, he might have a big pre-season and get some games.
Give him a spot on the rookie list and draft a kid in that may develop into a good player.

As a rookie he can still play if needed and if deserving of it

Was it ever explained why he didn't play in the VFL finals?

To me that feels like quite a major issue, I think his Geelong career was over at that point.

My sense at the time was that he he had quit the club or been told to pack his bags.
Yeah I got told he was gone. Thought everyone knew he was.
Could be wrong I guess.

To me that feels like quite a major issue, I think his Geelong career was over at that point.

My sense at the time was that he he had quit the club or been told to pack his bags.

Agree.

Wasn't it bcoz of his premature born twins....did that happen after the storm in the teacup over sledging Duncan's gf brother?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was never particularly hopeful that getting Mitch Clark would work out in the shadow of the Hamish McIntosh debacle, and unfortunately it's played out that way.
hopefully the club thinks long and hard before they trade in any more footballers who have played bugger-all football over a 2-4 year period ..

I can't make a lot of sense of that at face value. I guess there is more to it than meets the eye.

He's played 1,8,0 and 4 senior games in the last 4 years. I'm not sure what's not to understand? The club had clearly lost complete confidence in his ability to play a meaningful part in our side. Thankfully his list spot may be taken by someone who can hopefully contribute a lot more to the team than he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back