List Mgmt. Mitch Clark Delisted 24/10/16

I guess the flip side to it is if you refuse to play him you lose nothing in delisting him. So I guess it's the refusing to play him bit I take most issue with, rather than the delisting itself.

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Had a feeling this'd happen. So, who's kicking goals next year (even if Clark never really did?):

* Menzel
* T. Hawkins
* Motlop?
* Gregson (cameo?)
* Linc Mac (cameo?)
* Black?

He's played 1,8,0 and 4 senior games in the last 4 years. I'm not sure what's not to understand? The club had clearly lost complete confidence in his ability to play a meaningful part in our side. Thankfully his list spot may be taken by someone who can hopefully contribute a lot more to the team than he did.
He was fit for two thirds of this season and played one senior game. It's that fact that I find hard to understand when we were crying out for another decent key target.

But as I said above, if they're not going to play him they might as well delist him.

pussygalore

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah we have axed most of the forward line. Although hey it wasn't all that good anyway.
I agree. It was all held in place with duct tape.
Great opportunity to inject some pace and hopefully land a 2nd tall with potential.

He was fit for two thirds of this season and played one senior game. It's that fact that I find hard to understand when we were crying out for another decent key target.

But as I said above, if they're not going to play him they might as well delist him.
Stanley is not a key forward and shouldn't be our CHF. Their reluctance to play only 1 of Stanley and Blicavs is as much at fault here.
No doubt he should have played more than 1 game this season but it's hard when there's 3 rucks playing for two positions.

Larry Donohue

Premium Platinum
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah we have axed most of the forward line. Although hey it wasn't all that good anyway.
Guess the forward line makeup will now be
Motlop black cockatoo
Menzel hawkins mccarthy
Not much to go to after that though
Stanley lang gregson and the mids.
Very shallow. Decision wrong but we accept it and move on.
Very lean goalkicking group sadly.
Hope taylor plays there and kicks a bundle

Already done it with Black. The next great white hope.
Come on, this nonsense is tiring.
Going to be a long summer if you and P keep this ultra sarcasm going.

Give it a rest please.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

I'd say his absence at the end of the year was the last straw. You can only carry someone for so long before having to cut ties, even if they do have considerable ability. I agree though, we are now bereft of tall options up forward.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
OMG....what other tall forwards do we have besides Hawkins and Black?!?

Dawes and Petrie are out there I suppose. :eek:

It's probably no massive surprise that our list management is unravelling when we carried quite a few injury suspect players over the last few years. God help us if Menzel or McCarthy have recurrences of their issues in 2017. We won't make finals.

It's a weird one in that we literally have no other options .. but we also got bugger all out of him in 2 years.

Had we been overloaded with tall options no worries Delist absolutely... but we aren't..

I still would have seen the benefit in making him a rookie.

Maybe the club just cut it's losses, maybe there is more to it all than meets the eye?

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
It's a weird one in that we literally have no other options .. but we also got bugger all out of him in 2 years.

Had we been overloaded with tall options no worries Delist absolutely... but we aren't..

I still would have seen the benefit in making him a rookie.

Maybe the club just cut it's losses, maybe there is more to it all than meets the eye?

I'd say that Hawkins interview sheds some light on it. One of Henderson or Taylor could be moved forward.

Whit3y

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sheff Wed
a cut we had to have

we lost in vietnam
we won in iraq
we lost in clark

good luck in all your future endeavours mitch and i hope that calf gets better for you

They said we had no salary cap for Lids ?
Which is strange given that the Giants were $600k over at the time the traded for him, and then Brett re-did his deal down to $400k from the $800k at Richmond

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Clark's manager Colin Young said during the NAB AFL Trade period his client was keen to play on.

"I think Mitch has two to three years left in him. I think he's in the best condition of his life," Young told SEN.\

Young =
bloodsuckerleech.jpg

Bye Mitch, all the best for you & your family and hope you make a living out of what you really enjoy, photography.

Back