Mitch Clark discussion - Geelong gets the flog

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, get a load of this s**t...

AFL trade news: Radical plan discussed to get Paddy Ryder to Port Adelaide

Could this be why Clark is taking so long? Extraordinary circumstances where both players want out. Essendon systematic drug cheats where our player simply had depression and we tried to help him. Only fair for the club to enquire.

Absolute joke the Bombers can do this btw.

Seems entirely reasonable. If Port don't have enough currency they're willing to let go to get Ryder, why shouldn't they be able to magic up a draft pick out of nowhere?

So where's our Mitch Clark draft pick?

Um I don't know why people would want us to do this, Clark's value in Free Agency would be insanely low and we'd end up with something worse than we get for him in a trade.

He'll be getting stuff all money-wise from Geelong, hasn't played in like 18 months due to injuries and is "battling" depression.

We'd be lucky to get a 10th round pick.

Um I don't know why people would want us to do this, Clark's value in Free Agency would be insanely low and we'd end up with something worse than we get for him in a trade.

He'll be getting stuff all money-wise from Geelong, hasn't played in like 18 months due to injuries and is "battling" depression.

The point is that we were told 'haha no sorry you don't get anything' what, two weeks ago? Partly over a guy who has systematically been a complete and utter utensil despite us giving him plenty of assistance?

Meanwhile Essendon are getting rewarded for being drug cheats.

Don't know about that - weren't Geelong offering reasonable coin because they're confident he's over his various "issues"? Third tier compo would be after our second round pick, which is what, #25 odd? Better than Geelong's 2nd round pick.

It's compo on top of the trade that we could work in with Geelong and it remains to be seen how such a pick would be decided. It's quite open but at least worth seeking clarification since the AFL make up rules on the run.

It's compo on top of the trade that we could work in with Geelong and it remains to be seen how such a pick would be decided. It's quite open but at least worth seeking clarification since the AFL make up rules on the run.

All of a sudden, the cards are back.

Don't know about that - weren't Geelong offering reasonable coin because they're confident he's over his various "issues"? Third tier compo would be after our second round pick, which is what, #25 odd? Better than Geelong's 2nd round pick.

Their offer to Frawley was $500,000 and he was an AA who is pretty durable compared to a depression and injury ravaged lunatic who hasn't played in 18 months.

He's not on big coin.

Clark wants to go to Collingwood, Beams wants to go to Brisbane
Clark wants to go to Geelong, Christensen wants to go to Brisbane

Super karma for the Lions thanks to Clark right now.

Their offer to Frawley was $500,000 and he was an AA who is pretty durable compared to a depression and injury ravaged lunatic who hasn't played in 18 months.

He's not on big coin.
What's he on then?

He's not on big coin.
Yeah, last time Clark played was round 4 2013.

We'd get next to nothing for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not on big coin.

And that was estimated to be somewhere around tier 1 / tier 2 compensation for a 26 year old. Clark is almost 27 and given Geelong's need for another key forward, 350 is ballpark? Not sure what they'd do with the contract length. You'd think short as a trial given his injury history, but then again, you might want to nail the campaigner down to a long term contract with his constantly changing life plan.

Is injury history and number of games played included in the formula? Higgins earned a second round pick and he's had his fair share of problems.

Higgins played 20 odd games this season. Clark played.........................

Hard to play when you're retired. His Instagram feed isn't going to promote itself.

Hard to play when you're retired. His Instagram feed isn't going to promote itself.
His Instagram feed isn't parlaying into a 4 year deal at $400K p/a. Higgins 20 odd games did.

So I don't see how Higgins attracting a second round pick as compo is in any way relevant to what Clark might attract

Christensen leaving

Maybe loneregan (maybe)

Contracts re jigged for cap requirements

Larger offer to Mitch

Better compo offer under FA????

Long shot, but just spitballing

His Instagram feed isn't parlaying into a 4 year deal at $400K p/a. Higgins 20 odd games did.

So I don't see how Higgins attracting a second round pick as compo is in any way relevant to what Clark might attract

Righto. So he wants to play for Geelong for say somewhere between 2 to 4 years for a bag of crisps and bus fare? Or more likely somewhere between $300 and $400k a season? I think there's a formula somewhere which might take the latter situation into account.

Righto. So he wants to play for Geelong for say somewhere between 2 to 4 years for a bag of crisps and bus fare? Or more likely somewhere between $300 and $400k a season? I think there's a formula somewhere which might take the latter situation into account.
It's been reported he's been offered two years

Keep working on your formula.

And keep replying. I like your avatar

It's been reported he's been offered two years

Keep working on your formula.

And keep replying. I like your avatar

I'm reporting that Clark has been offered a million a season for three years, so we'll get pick #4. Actually I don't know what the formula is or what he's been offered so I'm just speculating that it could possibly be better than Geelong's second round pick.

I like my avatar too, so I will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back