News Mitch Clark has retired from AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely a presser hosted by clark at some point ???
He couldn't even speak to his own team mates. Move on, maybe he'll do one, maybe he won't.

Clark and Melbourne is finished. We have all the answers we will get.

All the best to Mitch, I know what it's like living away from home, currently stuck in Perth working as a slave.

But let's say by the end of the year Mitch decides to return to footy and enters the pre season draft and either Fremantle and West Coast (no one else will draft him), what happens there? He was under contract by us for next season, we used a first round draft pick on him. Was always a risk taking a bloke that said he was homesick.

All the best to Mitch, I know what it's like living away from home, currently stuck in Perth working as a slave.

But let's say by the end of the year Mitch decides to return to footy and enters the pre season draft and either Fremantle and West Coast (no one else will draft him), what happens there? He was under contract by us for next season, we used a first round draft pick on him. Was always a risk taking a bloke that said he was homesick.
He's on our list at least until the end of the year. Surely we can time his delisting for after the Draft and Pre-season Draft nominations close? Clark would have to sit out at least next year?

I disagree with you, and not only do I suffer from Depression, my father, my brother, and 2 of my good mates do as well.

The thing you're not getting is that Depression isn't the same for every person. it is not black and white at all. What may be the most insignificant thing to the majority of people, may send someone off the deep end.

You can disagree if you like, but you're wrong, and There is no argument. (sorry if that seems arrogant, but it's true).
SuburbanMe Can I ask you, and I honestly ask this with all due respect, does your depression stem from how much money you have?

Sorry mate but you've missed the point entirely. I submit that you don't 'know what its like,' - if in fact Mitch has been diagnosed with clinical depression..it's not homesickness. He could've gone home in 2011 but he chose Melbourne. This affliction is much more serious and I really do feel for him - wish him all the best. I don't know what its like but having read many accounts of it, it's harrowing.

One thing I'm unsure about, is how this thing (depression) manifest itself. Are there indicators or is it like any neurological disease that can take hold randomly? My understanding is that certain people are pre-disposed. Reason I ask is, Mitch would've undergone a physical prior to signing (and a lot of good that did). But are players submitted to psych tests? Would this have shown up anything?

I thought his statement was heartfelt and it was nice to hear a positive word about the MFC for a change. I'm deeply saddened we wont see him in the red and blue, and really just as a AFL player again because he could've been a star of the competition. God knows, we need something resembling one of those.

Vince re-tweeted this. :p (not my tweet. but still pretty cool. haha)

35hl8wk.jpg

As good as Tex is, his injury history makes me nervous.

All the good ones I can think of have injury problems. It's that jumping on guys heads business. Making hard leads etc.

edit: Now that I think about it, why does anyone play this sport. It's injury city.

5 goals out of 9 in a 108 point belting.

He was pretty much the only reason I sat out the game.

Tell me about it. What a painful afternoon, got well sunburnt too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad.

Liked him as a player, and he actually put in an effort.

I knew someone with depression (knew, as in, he has recovered from it), and I read up a bit about it. It can be devastating, and it doesn't take much for something to set it off, for people predisposed to it.

One of the few triumphs that Mark Neeld could have had, trumping Fremantle for his signature, and even that has turned bad.

Hope the club give him some type of role at the club once he has things under control.

I wonder how people like Leigh Matthews, and others, who bagged Clark for his massive contract, are feeling now?

Get well soon, Mitch Clark.

Very sad news, I wish mitch the very best to get better from his illness.

Just wondering if anyone can answer a few questions for me..
1) does this mean a spot will open up on the rookie list? and will it be max king?
2) does max king have much chance of playing many games this year?

just need some supercoach help, thanks guys
If I recall correctly, Georgiou was promoted when Clark went on leave.

Not specifically, but financial hardship has definitely added to the pressure in the past.
Think you missed the context of my posts then and taken one of them in isolation :thumbsu:

Nah he's officially retired. I think he already was on our LTI.
I was of the opinion that if there is a mid season retirement a rookie can be elevated (so Georgie would/could stay up). Is this the case?

Think you missed the context of my posts then and taken one of them in isolation :thumbsu:
not at all, you asked me a specific question about my current situation, in which I answered. The fact is You can not say financial situations don't have an impact on someones depression status.

Something as small as cold fries from McDonalds could send someone crashing into their own personal hell.

Laugh if you like, but fact is it's true. This is why there is now so much focus on dealing with mental illness.

Yeah not sure how it works tbh. As YouDontKnowJack said, we elevated Georgiou earlier this year. So I don't know if we get another one or what.
Given that Georgiou is the one that we elevated to replace Clark when he was put on the LTI we shouldn't be able to elevate another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back