Not open for further replies.

hulkhogan1

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Man U, PSG, Victory, Real Madrid,
Just reported on Channel 7 that Hawthorn is the most likely destination for Mitch Clark, via a trade most likely.

I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole, Injury prone, mental health issues, a morally corrupt bloke.

He shafted Freo at the 11th hour to go to Melbourne, spent all his time receiving a wage while he was injured for 90% of his tenure. Decides to quit due to personal reasons the when it's time to come back he wont even commit to the Dees, who have looked after him.

Sounds like a real stand up guy.

I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole, Injury prone, mental health issues, a morally corrupt bloke.

He shafted Freo at the 11th hour to go to Melbourne, spent all his time receiving a wage while he was injured for 90% of his tenure. Decides to quit due to personal reasons the when it's time to come back he wont even commit to the Dees, who have looked after him.

Sounds like a real stand up guy.

Not to mention walking out on Brisbane initially.

Bit tiring how they always get linked to get to the Hawks, just because they might have a tiny bit of cap room. The Hawks wont risk another pick on a 50/50 proposition so close after getting burnt by Garlett.

North or Carlton would be reasonable gets. Anyone who gets him and can get him playing close to where he was at would win. That is the million dollar question. I personally can see another contract a few games a hamstring tear and a game over attitude.

North or Carlton would be reasonable gets. Anyone who gets him and can get him playing close to where he was at would win. That is the million dollar question. I personally can see another contract a few games a hamstring tear and a game over attitude.

A healthy Mitch Clark would be terrific for a lot of clubs and Carlton and North are two of them. Not sure the hawks need him. Plenty of ruck options and plenty of forward firepower already in the brown and gold

Only if he does this...

Think we'll be chasing Jaksch using our second pick or getting a package for our first. Nothing else to give up that they'd take.

Though we could have Murphy, Higgins, Thomas and Clark from the 05 draft. :straining:

Kreuzer already needs to get back on track. Not sure that we want yet another tall forward-ruck with injury and health concerns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll want to give him a hell of a medical.

Only need to ask one question.

Are you willing to take the base salary and prove yourself over 1 year and then we can discuss contracts after that? If he says yes, he enters door 1 and further questions and actual medicals can be followed up.

If he says no, then he can walk back out the door that he walked in from.

If this becomes in any way a bidding war, then I hope that club gets what they deserve and that includes Fremantle.

People like this do my head in and yes I'm sensitive to depression and the ill effects it can have, but the way he has gone about this? well it stinks to me.

By the sounds of it only interested in going to a club that looks likely to win a flag. Seems a bit suss to me. I don't want him at the Blues.

I don't feel we want him unless he literally fell into our lap. If there's 1 Vic team interested I hope we say good luck Mitch.

I think we gambled on Sylvia and Gumbleton, it was a reasonable move to make based on where we were at, but I truly think we will try to develop our youth to make sure we can sustain some time at the top and battle for a flag that way.

Crash and bash is too hard unless you're Sydney.

No thanks. Too much risk and we've been bit by it before with Thompson.

Don't know how he'd fit into our team though. Great player on his day but with the baggage behind him and his injury history I'm not warming to the idea of our Buddy money going to him.

Well Hawthorn would be a good fit as Hawthorn have a lot to trade that Melbourne would be interested in.
We'll give them Cheney back.

We will need a younger mid or a replacement for Lake. We have enough forward firepower.
You can never have too much forward power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back