Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Btw does sleeping with your teammates sister really have anything to do with his demise. It's really not that bad when you think about it. They weren't even close mates or anything, just guys on a footy team

Yes, it should never be forgotten how serious his mental health issues were at Melbourne, his doctor was very concerned for his well being playing footy at the highest level, until of course Geelong ponied up the green, after that he seemed to make a miraculous recovery.

Good for him

Miraculous recovery?

Mitch-Clark-Chris-Scott-AFL-art.jpg

Jog on you campaigner. It's people like you that are the reason there is such a stigma attached to mental illness which can lead to all sorts of other problems in itself. Also, I don't know why you are still so bitter? Mitch has hardly been on the field for us so it is not like he has made a significant footballing impact for us. It says a lot about some of the fans at your club that you are more concerned about the impact on your performance of Clark leaving than what he needs to help himself get better.

There is so much misinformation on both Clark's personal circumstances and mental illness in general in this thread; not a great look in this day and age. Mental illness is an incredibly complex and personal thing that can't be quickly summarised into: 'Oh he is fine at Geelong, must be all that money' etc. It is quite possible that the lack of success/cultural issues at Melbourne at the time Clark was there contributed to his illness or acted as a trigger but his overall condition would be a combination of a number of factors that we know nothing about and it is none of our business to know anyway.

There is so much misinformation on both Clark's personal circumstances and mental illness in general in this thread
How much do you know about Clark's personal circumstances?

I don't question he has mental issues, but I don't question he's a s**t bloke either.

He was a disastrous pick up for Melbourne, and the fact Geelong took a punt on him afterwards is laughable.

It wasn't just 1 game though and you listed a bunch of people who have played well throughout the year before the game vs Sydney.

And Varcoe had played well throughout 2013/14 but you said that the prelim finished him at Geelong.

Also you mentioned Mackie lmao wtf

rofl lmao wtf! Mackie was awful.

And Varcoe had played well throughout 2013/14 but you said that the prelim finished him at Geelong.

he averaged like 12 touches and 2 marks in 2013, he really wasnt that good. he was better in 2014 but still nothing special imo. i was legitimately one of his biggest fans at geelong and still love him at collingwood, i didnt even want him to go but it was obvious he needed to

lmao no you mentioned a 260 game, 3x premiership playing veteran of the club with those players

he averaged like 12 touches and 2 marks in 2013, he really wasnt that good. he was better in 2014 but still nothing special imo. i was legitimately one of his biggest fans at geelong and still love him at collingwood, i didnt even want him to go but it was obvious he needed to

lmao no you mentioned a 260 game, 3x premiership playing veteran of the club with those players

'lmao'

lmao he's 19
Fellow top 10 picks from that year in McCarten, Patracca, Brayshaw, Wright and Moore have 100% out performed him.
And later picks such as Lever, Langford, Heeney, McLean, Miller, Howe, Andrews and Daniel all probably have. Even guys like McDonald, McGovern, Maynard, Degoey and Duggan are at least on par with him. Many more players I could name.
At the moment I don't rate him that highly. For a top ten pick in such a great draft I would have expected more, plain and simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mackie is as old as methuselah and was already playing s**t. Hardly think it was the preliminary final that made people suddenly sit up and say "hang on, that came out of the blue, maybe he's past his best."

Mackie is as old as methuselah and was already playing s**t. Hardly think it was the preliminary final that made people suddenly sit up and say "hang on, that came out of the blue, maybe he's past his best."

Actually agree with that. He's well and truly past his best.

Fellow top 10 picks from that year in McCarten, Patracca, Brayshaw, Wright and Moore have 100% out performed him.
And later picks such as Lever, Langford, Heeney, McLean, Miller, Howe, Andrews and Daniel all probably have. Even guys like McDonald, McGovern, Maynard, Degoey and Duggan are at least on par with him. Many more players I could name.
At the moment I don't rate him that highly. For a top ten pick in such a great draft I would have expected more, plain and simple.

your no.1 pick went from the laughing stock of the league to an actual good player, why would you write someone off so early?

He was an amazing talent at the Dees. Could've been absolutely anything prior to the foot injury.
The way he jumped ship like that after being rehabilitated and still under contract was real testament to his character and unfortunately he will be remembered as the guy that was more trouble than he was worth.
And so he should be. Bloke is obviously an a-hole

Miraculous recovery?

Mitch-Clark-Chris-Scott-AFL-art.jpg

Jog on you campaigner. It's people like you that are the reason there is such a stigma attached to mental illness which can lead to all sorts of other problems in itself. Also, I don't know why you are still so bitter? Mitch has hardly been on the field for us so it is not like he has made a significant footballing impact for us. It says a lot about some of the fans at your club that you are more concerned about the impact on your performance of Clark leaving than what he needs to help himself get better.

There is so much misinformation on both Clark's personal circumstances and mental illness in general in this thread; not a great look in this day and age. Mental illness is an incredibly complex and personal thing that can't be quickly summarised into: 'Oh he is fine at Geelong, must be all that money' etc. It is quite possible that the lack of success/cultural issues at Melbourne at the time Clark was there contributed to his illness or acted as a trigger but his overall condition would be a combination of a number of factors that we know nothing about and it is none of our business to know anyway.

He should never have been put into a position of playing AFL at the highest level when he was still obviously having issues.

The reality is that Geelong failed him, they got greedy and thought they could pick up an elite forward on the cheap.

As for the comment about Melbourne's position contributing to his mental health issues, what a disgusting thing to post, but thank you for letting the bf community know the type of person you are.

Jog on campaigner

I'm in no way writing him off yet, but he is very overated. In my opinion he will only become an average AFL footballer, not the star some believe he will be

he's 19 and struggled with some injuries though.

he's 19, played 21 games, kicked 14 goals, shown blistering pace, not afraid to take the game on. i've liked what i've seen so far tbh

he's 19 and struggled with some injuries though.

he's 19, played 21 games, kicked 14 goals, shown blistering pace, not afraid to take the game on. i've liked what i've seen so far tbh

Opposition fans will rate him on his output to date, which obviously hasn't been great.
Geelong fans will rate him on his potential, which is enormous.

He'll be a star, but discussing it now is pointless, we'll just have to wait until he becomes one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back