Toast Mitch Duncan - 250 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Selected at pick 28 in the 2009 draft the underrated Cat is set to become the 19th player in club history to play 250 games when he achieves the milestone against Nth Melbourne in round 16.

A premiership player at 20 after coming on as sub to replace James Podsiadly in the 2011 Grand Final, Duncan has since blossomed into a star of the club and a respected player across the competition.

Congratulations Mitch and hopefully many more games in the blue and white to come.

Last edited:

I was thinking big Tom may want a rest, but geeze it would be nice to see him return the favour for his mate and hit him lace out on the lead for a goal at some stage on Saturday night.

I said to some mates one game this year that I reckon Mitch goes at about 150% efficiency when kicking to Tom on the lead, superb field kick who loves feeding his big mate.

250games is a fantastic achievement and we bumped into him out one night a few years back and he was an absolutely fantastic genuine bloke as well.

Well done Mitch

This Week against North Melbourne marks Mitch Duncan's 250th AFL game.

Selected with the 28th Pick in the 2009 AFL Draft from East Perth Mitch becomes the 19th Cat to reach 250 games

One of only 3 remaining 2011 premiership players its been great to watch him through the years.

Congrats Mitch, hope there are plenty more games to come.

Big game player, Mitch. In two GFs, 9 years apart, sort of had ice in his veins nailing those big goals. 250 courageous and skillful games for the club. One of the greats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my favourites ever for the cats, love his footy smarts his versatility and skills / decision making when he has the ball. I think the best player in the AFL not to be selected in the All Australian team.

Him and Cameron my favourite current cats to watch, great stuff Mitch the appreciation for your career is huge from me.

Couple of memories come to mind when thinking of Mitch
-Coming on as the sub in the 2011 GF and kicking that nice goal on the run from 50 at a crucial time in the game. Showed his class early in his career.
-Having Shane Mumford mistake him as food and getting absolutely destroyed. Thankfully he has been able to make it to 250 :p

Will be nice to celebrate this milestone with a win for him.

Couple of memories come to mind when thinking of Mitch
-Coming on as the sub in the 2011 GF and kicking that nice goal on the run from 50 at a crucial time in the game. Showed his class early in his career.
-Having Shane Mumford mistake him as food and getting absolutely destroyed. Thankfully he has been able to make it to 250 :p

Will be nice to celebrate this milestone with a win for him.
Most of his game the grand final loss to Richmond was very good as well.

Go Mitch Duncan - have thoroughly enjoyed watching every part of his career. What a lovely footballer he is.

What a classy player he has been thru his time.
From the 2011 GF coming on for Pods right thru to now... always gives his best and whilst he has had head scratching moments.. rarely has those moments been repeated for long.

If one was to compare... hes reliable like Corey and Kelly, flies under the radar still to this day, and has the sublime skills of a Bartel type.

Was oft thought as one that would fly back West... and not more wrong could they be. A credit to himself and congrats Mitch.

Lets get Hunky Dunky a win in 250.

GO Catters

What a great milestone.

Up there with the best field kicks I’ve seen wearing the hoops. Couch, Hocking, Riccardi and Duncan - solid company.
You are missing josh hunt, gary ablett jnr and tom hawkins. Duncans propensity to ocassionally spray them terribly does not put him in the top group for me.

my best would be.

1. ablett jnr
2. paul couch
3 josh hunt
4 hawkins
5 graham

One of the best players of the last decade to have never made an AA team.

Star.

I feel like he'd have at least one or two AA's to his name by now if the MC had continued to use him in the more inside role he played during the 2017 season when he was going at 29 disposals a game. It's miles easier to make the AA team as an inside mid than as a predominately outside player, since so many places in that side go to the contested mids. They probably made the right call shifting him to the outside though, as he's absolutely elite in that role and it allows us to leverage his footskills to best effect. While it's hurt his ability to accumulate individual accolades, it's helped the team.

You are missing josh hunt, gary ablett jnr and tom hawkins. Duncans propensity to ocassionally spray them terribly does not put him in the top group for me.

my best would be.

1. ablett jnr
2. paul couch
3 josh hunt
4 hawkins
5 graham
Hitting a target for my life I’d have Duncan clearly ahead of Hunt and Graham. By miles. They were big kicks but nowhere near as reliable as Duncan. Hunt made infuriating errors.

Ablett is the best weighted pass to a leading forward I’ve ever seen. Good call.

Couch was already on my list.

Hawkins is the best within 50m arc player I’ve seen. Another good call.

Hitting a target for my life I’d have Duncan clearly ahead of Hunt and Graham. By miles. They were big kicks but nowhere near as reliable as Duncan. Hunt made infuriating errors.

Ablett is the best weighted pass to a leading forward I’ve ever seen. Good call.

Couch was already on my list.

Hawkins is the best within 50m arc player I’ve seen. Another good call.
Precision wasnt my only criteria. Speed of ball flight and depth is also important. Thats why hunt and graham are up there.

duncan is around the mark. As is harry taylor.

ablett jnr and couch are the two who clearly stand out as the best. You could raffle the next 5 for mine.

Precision wasnt my only criteria. Speed of ball flight and depth is also important. Thats why hunt and graham are up there.

duncan is around the mark. As is harry taylor.

ablett jnr and couch are the two who clearly stand out as the best. You could raffle the next 5 for mine.
Garry Hocking, Duncan, Ablett jnr, Cameron have the nicest field kicks I’ve seen for the cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back