Toast Mitch Duncan - 250 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not an all time great but still a club champion. Duncan has been a great servant

Precision wasnt my only criteria. Speed of ball flight and depth is also important. Thats why hunt and graham are up there.

duncan is around the mark. As is harry taylor.

ablett jnr and couch are the two who clearly stand out as the best. You could raffle the next 5 for mine.

Hunt had the most tracer bullet like kick in the afl. When he got it wrong it went badly wrong though.

I’m saying this because it was his kicking that led me towards him becoming my favourite player rather than him being my favourite player leading to me rating his kicking: as a field kick I genuinely think the Hawk is up there as the best I’ve seen. If you eradicated some of the nervy shots at goal I would nearly say he’s the best kick full stop I’ve seen at the cats - that occasional ‘lay back and poke’ flaw that he has when kicking for goal is about his only weakness by foot

Hocking was the best I've seen if you include opposite foot. Near flawless on both.

Duncan is good in his own right and probably the bloke I'd have kick for my life from 40 out dead in front.

The Making of Mitch:

Hocking was the best I've seen if you include opposite foot. Near flawless on both.

Duncan is good in his own right and probably the bloke I'd have kick for my life from 40 out dead in front.
If you add in opposite foot then i kind of had to put in gary ablett senior. Only problem with senior is he rarely passed the ball so there is not a lot of data to rate his field kicking by.

If his body holds up I think Mitch is a good chance to get to 300. But the soft tissue injuries over the last 2-3 seasons are a concern…
He’s getting to 300 still in the games he’s played consistently in the top 3-5 players.

Since 2020 Mitch Duncan has been in our top 5 possesions getters in every final. With a couple clear best on ground performances, also dates before this has had some huge finals.

Another point to prove people don’t recognise this guys talents!

Thankyou Mitch.

I didn't realise that stat. Amazing.

I think he is our most important midfielder. If we can get it into his hands out wide then we are getting a shot at goal more often than not.
He is vital in setting up our zones.
Also always floats down to defence to plug a hole.
Not as slow as you would think.
Can get a hard ball as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise that stat. Amazing.

I think he is our most important midfielder. If we can get it into his hands out wide then we are getting a shot at goal more often than not.
He is vital in setting up our zones.
Also always floats down to defence to plug a hole.
Not as slow as you would think.
Can get a hard ball as well.
Absolutely one of the most under appreciated players in the afl.

His ball use composure and ability to take a mark or gather a ground ball is so good.

Just quietly (it's been a tough year for those not desperate to lay the boot into Mitch):

2023 games with Duncan: 9 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses (29% losing rate)

2023 games without Duncan: 1 win, 5 losses (83% losing rate)

-2nd at the club for average effective disposals
-2nd for marks
-Equal 2nd for score involvements from non-forwards
-Equal 8th for turnovers (his apparent area of concern)

He finished 2nd, 2nd, 3rd and 7th for these in 2022.

"But I can see with my my own eyes that Duncan no longer finds the ball enough or uses it well. He's a turnover machine with no hurt factor"

"Well that's not what the stats say"

“It’s the constitution, it’s Mabo, it’s justice, it’s law, it’s the vibe,”

My controversial opinion is that he remains an important player for us and reports of his demise have been exaggerated.

Just quietly (it's been a tough year for those not desperate to lay the boot into Mitch):

-2nd for marks

"But I can see with my my own eyes that Duncan no longer finds the ball enough or uses it well. He's a turnover machine with no hurt factor"

My controversial opinion is that he remains an important player for us and reports of his demise have been exaggerated.
Still a gun so important to our team has a few years left in him.

-2nd for marks

Will be interesting to see whether he plays on beyond 2024. I'd love to see him get to 300 games. Hes been one of my favourite Cats.

The Duncan brothers, two on the wings and one at half back - in 20 years? Sign me up.
If you've seen the eldest mark and kick a ball it's probable.

Wonder where the F/S rule will be at come the time, if they play footy?
I posted footage a while ago in the F/S thread of his young boy in the backyard.

So hopefully it remains, and i think it will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back