MRP / Trib. Mitch Duncan cleared by MRP for alleged "rough conduct" with Luke Hodge

Remove this Banner Ad

Contact below the knees. Bartel will miss 3-4 weeks for this one.

external

that's damning - Hodge has considerable form with taking out blokes who put their head over the ball, unf*ckingfortunately though he is never cited; his list of priors should be extensive.

weak effort, and Bartel was left bleeding from the ear, had to come from the ground for treatment.

Bit disappointing Mitch didn't go for the mark and if you asked him he would probably agree. The only way I can see him getting rubbed out is via a 'charge' but they must deem his actions unnecessary or unreasonable. Because he made no attempt to mark the ball he could be in trouble although I hope he isn't.. Hodge kneeing Bartel in the head and causing him to bleed from his ear was a unreasonable in my eyes but what do I know.

Cats fans:

It has been widely reported that Mitch has been reported for some contact with Luke Hodge.

There was a free kick paid and Hodge got right up and did not leave the ground.

However, post match, it was reported and confirmed that Hodge has a broken arm from that event and will be out for 6 weeks or so.

Discuss this here and if/once the official word comes out this thread title will be ammended according.

GO Catters

Will Hodge be looked at for knee to the head of Bartel?

I saw nothing in the incident, but immediately said "I reckon he just broke his elbow" how the hell did he keep going?

He is a frigging tough nut.

Last edited:
that's damning - Hodge has considerable form with taking out blokes who put their head over the ball, unf*ckingfortunately though he is never cited; his list of priors should be extensive.

weak effort, and Bartel was left bleeding from the ear, had to come from the ground for treatment.
Hodge did nothing there.
And I liked how he went to Bartel when the umpire said he had to go off due to the blood rule.

Some of you are soooooooo one eyed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never want to see any players get hurt.

Game is hard enough as it is without adding injuries to it.

Keep the posts classy about injured players or you will get done for it.

As for the Hodge knee, the still photo looks damning in isolation and as much as the contact is in complete character with Hodge's history of cheap shots. sucker punches and blows to the head and throat, its hard to classify the knee as dliberate. The force is there but the intent, which histiry tells us is there, would be hard to prove in this case.

GO Catters

A few years back Cyril with intent tried to whack someone and just missed. He got off because he missed. I expect the same result here.

Will be a joke if he goes.

If it does not and he gets a week or two, after comments made the coach sticking up for his player, I would be livid if we do not appeal the decision handed out by the MRP. Over the years, our club have been very timid when it comes to challenging decisions. This would need to be one of those times where we stand up and fight it because Hodge was not hit in the head, his arm took the full brunt of the contact and Duncan can count himself one very lucky boy because had he made contact to the head, he'd be spending a few weeks on the sidelines.
From the sounds of CS , they would appeal that to the max. Whatever it takes this time.

Tom Lonergan, James Frawley, Easton Wood and pretty much every defender would be on report each week. Josh Gibson would be sidelined permanently!
Gibson would be fine.

Grass doesn't have arms, legs or a head. ;)

As for the report, I only saw it from the otherside of the ground but I thought it was simply a contest.

I haven't seen any TV replays though so can't comment on the "no eyes for the ball" statements some people have made.

But based on what I saw at the ground I'd be disappointed if Duncan got games.

That said, it is the MRP we're talking about here so anything can happen.

Hodge did nothing there.
And I liked how he went to Bartel when the umpire said he had to go off due to the blood rule.

Some of you are soooooooo one eyed.

Never want to see any players get hurt.

Game is hard enough as it is without adding injuries to it.

Keep the posts classy about injured players or you will get done for it.

As for the Hodge knee, the still photo looks damning in isolation and as much as the contact is in complete character with Hodge's history of cheap shots. sucker punches and blows to the head and throat, its hard to classify the knee as dliberate. The force is there but the intent, which histiry tells us is there, would be hard to prove in this case.

GO Catters

Yeah, Hodge is a great bloke.

If this was an isolated incident then I would be content enough to give him the benefit of the doubt, but as it stands, he has form with regards to not putting his head over the ball, and being reckless when others do.
We'll see what happens.

Yeah, Hodge is a great bloke.

If this was an isolated incident then I would be content enough to give him the benefit of the doubt, but as it stands, he has form with regards to not putting his head over the ball, and being reckless when others do.
We'll see what happens.
Yeah in fairness I'd say nothing in it but if it was any other player their knee wouldn't of been there.

At the end of the game quite a few cats players spoke to Hodge and laughed, was the Duncan incident a payback for the knee to the head on Bartel?
That does not happen any more, does it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back