MRP / Trib. Mitch Duncan cleared by MRP for alleged "rough conduct" with Luke Hodge

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Hawthorns season

top-gear-wheels-coming-off-o.gif

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong

Why is not hitting the head irrelevant?
How come the goal posts shift in this circumstance when they have never done so in the previous 5 years where the head has become sacrosanct to the nth degree?

I understand tripping can cause a broken leg as we saw with the Sydney player a number of years ago. That part of the game has been ruled out and rightfully so.
Doing what Duncan did gives no player the right to find a loop hole in the system and attack players arms in marking contests but the fact Duncan missed Hodge's head should be the main issue here and nothing more.

Cattery

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Why is not hitting the head irrelevant?
How come the goal posts shift in this circumstance when they have never done so in the previous 5 years where the head has become sacrosanct to the nth degree?

I understand tripping can cause a broken leg as we saw with the Sydney player a number of years ago. That part of the game has been ruled out and rightfully so.
Doing what Duncan did gives no player the right to find a loop hole in the system and attack players arms in marking contests but the fact Duncan missed Hodge's head should be the main issue here and nothing more.

Spot on, and if they follow precedent the charge should be thrown out, but this is the MRP we're talking about here, so who really knows. :rolleyes:

"He probably needs to be careful Chris, I think we don't want to be predicting what the Match Review Panel should be coming up with."

Isn't that what Humphrey-Smith is doing?

Especially when he follows up with...

An incident on the weekend that should have been cited by the Match Review Panel according to Humphery-Smith was Matthew Pavlich's bump on Easton Wood that was cleared.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Why am I not surprised that a Geelong player would (again) be the subject of a ground breaking reason to suspend a player.

Hodge the "good bloke" will certainly testify that he broke it landing on the ground, won't he?

Just what I thought. Ground breaking... if this get suspended the consequences could be far reaching.

Cattery

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
It does my head Cattery.
Hodge broke a Carlton players jaw a year or so ago. Put him out for six weeks. It is obvious he collected him head high but the prick got off did he not?

What on earth is going :confused:

You're asking me to explain the MRP? :eek:

If Pav gets off because he missed the head (luckily) and Duncan gets weeks although he also missed the head the MRP will have hit a new low I'd suggest.

STP18

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
May 4, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
You're asking me to explain the MRP? :eek:

If Pav gets off because he missed the head (luckily) and Duncan gets weeks although he also missed the head the MRP will have hit a new low I'd suggest.
Surely that's enough to save Duncan. Mind you not that he should need 'saving', but in the same week you have two incidents that if they hit high would be bans, yet both managed to avoid any high contact whatsoever, you simply cannot ban one and not the other. Got a feeling they'll find a way though, they always do.

I'm glad the AFL has also made a ruling that it's about whether or not there was forceful high contact. Derek Humphrey-Smith should log off commentating on these matters permanently.

Just what I thought. Ground breaking... if this get suspended the consequences could be far reaching.
Hodge pretty much got straight up.

No Hawthorn players rushed in to "fly the flag".

If Duncan gets rubbed out I might actually have to start buying into this MRP conspiracy, especially when Pavlich has no case to answer when he did the same thing that got Bartel rubbed out a few years back against Adelaide.

Hodge needs to drink more milk and less beer.

EDIT: looks like it was dismissed. Thank f**k for that because I can't make tinfoil hats to save myself.

Back