Toast Mitch Duncan

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch is clearly having his best season and not only in regards to numbers - seems to have gotten his speed away from contested situations back which is in turn helping us to spread from contest quicker.

would be running 3rd in the B&F and i think closer to 2nd than we might think

I think Mitch has finally graduated to an A lister now. Elite foot skills and now getting high numbers of possessions at a good DE. He was superb against the Lions.

Top drawer player these days;

Something that sticks out to me to be something he has improved a great deal in (mind you he was always pretty good at this) is his ability to move through and split packs/traffic.
Has been exceptional this year.

I think Mitch has finally graduated to an A lister now. Elite foot skills and now getting high numbers of possessions at a good DE. He was superb against the Lions.

He has been on the verge of this a couple of times in his career. He was derailed by injury in 2015 (I think?) when he was in fantastic form, and then again last year when he squashed by Mumford. I am not surprised at all by his form this year.

images

Sorry for being pedantic when it comes to 70s glam rock, but the above photo is an example of American 80s hair-rock - a very sorry state of affairs that sadly lasted for years instead of minutes.

It's the type of possessions he is now getting that has lifted him to A grade. He is getting contested ball and he is weaving past players to break lines. Not just being a simple link in the transition as in previous years.

Sorry for being pedantic when it comes to 70s glam rock, but the above photo is an example of American 80s hair-rock - a very sorry state of affairs that sadly lasted for years instead of minutes.
Dee Snider is a legend though. His testimony to Tipper Gore and her merry band of would-be censors is still great stuff.

IMO, Mitch is currently knocking on the Elite door. BUT....can he handle a tag? He is the third man and has the luxury of running around tag-free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GEELONG Cats star Mitch Duncan and his partner Demi Miles have welcomed their first child.

The couple introduced their baby girl, Scarlet Rayne Duncan, to the world this week.

Ms Miles shared adorable snaps of their bundle of joy on Instagram, with the little girl snuggled up in her doting dad’s arms.

“Our little princess Scarlet is here,” Ms Miles posted on Tuesday morning.

Congrats to Mitch & Demi.

Genuine A grader now. Absolutely reliable week-in-week-out.
The knock on him was finals performances but 36 touches, 14 marks, 3 tackles and 2 goals and he again stood up in a big game as he has done all season.
Robbed of an AA place imo.

Alas, that's all just a lame segue for another goal clip. Probably the one bloke in our side I love seeing dob a goal.
Silky smooth and a damn good kick.

Apart from the Hawk fluff that was beautiful football.

Played his best game for the club to cap off his best year. The Selwood brothers and Menegola were able deputies, but primarily it was Mitch's dominance there that allowed the Danger forward experiment to be viable. Unlike other finals (I actually thought last week he was good intent wise) he was as clean and skillful as in H&A. When one of your best ball users is breaking the game open it becomes contagious and other back themselves. Probably BOG for mine. Could stamp himself into the club's history if he backs it up next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back