Toast Mitch Duncan

Remove this Banner Ad

Elite.
I think I read it's only the 35th time in history a player has 35+2 in a final.
Sure got some cheapies late but another outstanding game by a bloody good player.

The best aspect was the way he only had 2 disposals in Q1, but then not only dragged himself back into the game, he dominated it from then on.

Absolute superstar. Deserves so many accolades for that performance, but won't have time to enjoy it with the Crows looming.

Arguably deserves the Carji more than Danger. Be interesting to see where the votes fall.

Has got himself back to his best again. Took some time for him to not let dangerwood hold trumps on him but now he is truly making up a triple. Very pleased for him and the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had Mitch BOG...just in front of Danger.....

Genuine A-grader now and all class. The amazing thing is he seems to creep under the radar with lots of pundits and opponents as well.

I guess they can't tag everyone......

That play where he drilled Hawkins with the pass, only for Hawkins to spill the easy mark, only for Duncan to clean up and drill the goal on the run...

giphy.gif

That play where he drilled Hawkins with the pass, only for Hawkins to spill the easy mark, only for Duncan to clean up and drill the goal on the run...

giphy.gif

A terrific example of his class. If it was Dangerfield or Martin they'd be screaming how good it was. The guy is now in the top dozen mids in the AFL.

He is now in that 'Elite' bracket for mine.

Amazing improvement this year. Severely underrated around the league and in the media.
I tend to use the following gradings

Elite ( overused by media IMO) PFD, Selwood, Fyfe, JPK, Dusty. Top 10 or so in the league only.
A Grade - Duncan, Cothin, Sloane, Merrett, Mitchell, Kelly,
B Grade - Guthrie and so forth.

Point being IMO, Mitch has secured and planted himself as a complete A grader this year and has all the tools to become elite next year. His consistency has made the difference this year. I guess for me Elite makes you the game changer type - that in a 1/4 can take the game over and purely not be beaten.

GO Catters

I tend to use the following gradings

Elite ( overused by media IMO) PFD, Selwood, Fyfe, JPK, Dusty. Top 10 or so in the league only.
A Grade - Duncan, Cothin, Sloane, Merrett, Mitchell, Kelly,
B Grade - Guthrie and so forth.

Point being IMO, Mitch has secured and planted himself as a complete A grader this year and has all the tools to become elite next year. His consistency has made the difference this year. I guess for me Elite makes you the game changer type - that in a 1/4 can take the game over and purely not be beaten.

GO Catters
Daz the grade above A is always S. It just makes alphabetical sense!

I agree with your general grading. Sometimes I prefer to collapse S into A and push a few down the rungs but either works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back