Recommitted Mitch Georgiades - Signs on for another 4 years

Remove this Banner Ad

His name has been thrown in with every single trade suggestion involving a WA club since he was drafted.

He has consistently stated he’s happy at Port and has no intentions of asking for a trade. If he was going to, I think last year with JHF and the involvement of WC would have been the time he would have put his hand up and said he plans to return home in 12 months anyway.

Could be different now he’s actually out of contract but at the moment, I think he’s 75% of staying minimum.

Hopefully signs early in the year and puts it to rest.

His name has been thrown in with every single trade suggestion involving a WA club since he was drafted.

He has consistently stated he’s happy
at Port and has no intentions of asking for a trade. If he was going to, I think last year with JHF and the involvement of WC would have been the time he would have put his hand up and said he plans to return home in 12 months anyway.

Could be different now he’s actually out of contract but at the moment, I think he’s 75% of staying minimum.

Hopefully signs early in the year and puts it to rest.
IF I had a nickel...

IF I had a nickel...

Very true. However if he was planning a move, I think this last trade period would have been the time.

Everything crossed he does stay and in the chance he does request a trade, I’m sure a reasonable offer will be on the table for him.

Port have a great record of keeping players

Until he signs there’s always a chance he goes back to Wa, but the fact that the club he’s always allegedly been tied to (west coast) is at the start of a rebuild has to help us.

Why go there now when you could wait until free agency, then assess and maybe go.. get paid those free agency dollars and skip the wooden spoons?

He’s a 21 year old kf who kicked 55 goals in the last two seasons and averaged 1.2 and 1.5 goals last two seasons.

The kfs 21 and under that performed better this year? Zero. No one even came close really.

Not super high draft picks Logan MacDonald or thilthorpe and ugle Hagen (who are all approx 6 months younger than Mitch and all are very promising young talents)

Yes. He’s a genuine FF. Will jump over anyone.
It might be his age but his played his best footy as second deep forward with Dixon taking heat.
He is an awesome lead up fwd and have wanted him from the get go but only see him as that second fwd like Gunston which is not derogatory because Gunstons kicked more goals in the last 10 years then any freo player.

This guy will be a very good AFL footballer once he puts it all together mentally I reckon. Freo should see if he'd be willing to leave - at the right price of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same height as Charlie Curnow.
That height is ok if you have the bulk
Roughead a similar height but 12kg heavier than George, curnow is 5kg heavier.
I just can’t see George putting that bulk on without losing his leap or agility.
I had a similar argument with a port mate about butters when I referred to his lack of height and he mention aker and others, but in reality others have way more body mass which makes up for lack of height in a contest.

If he goes would’ve thought it’s around West Coasts first (assuming it’s in the first 3) or equivalent
Reckon he'd need a massive year to be worth anything near that. Rightly or wrongly, he's a smaller KPF that was drafted end of first round and has shown flashes.

If he'd been OOC last period and asked for a trade then I'd have thought a teens pick at best personally.

Hopefully all irrelevant and he signs on for you guys

Good to see the serious under rating of Georgiades has already began.

In terms of tall forwards drafted in the last 5 years, Georgiades sits behind only the king brothers in terms of goals kicked (unless I’m completely forgetting someone?).

That provides some insight into his value and potential. He is the third best tall prospect in terms of output from the draft over the past couple years. Still 21 and has plenty of development to go.

He would be worth every bit a pick inside the top 10 (6-10).

Good to see the serious under rating of Georgiades has already began.

In terms of tall forwards drafted in the last 5 years, Georgiades sits behind only the king brothers in terms of goals kicked (unless I’m completely forgetting someone?).

That provides some insight into his value and potential. He is the third best tall prospect in terms of output from the draft over the past couple years. Still 21 and has plenty of development to go.

He would be worth every bit a pick inside the top 10 (6-10).
Yeah but he stalled a bit last year where he was dropped wasnt he? Everything will be dictated by how he goes this year (including his contract value if signs on) anyway

A Pick around 20-25 would get it done. Uncontracted and hasnt set the AFL alight just yet.
That’s stupid. he’s a 21yr old kpf who’s kicked 55 goals in the last 2 years.

That height is ok if you have the bulk
Roughead a similar height but 12kg heavier than George, curnow is 5kg heavier.
I just can’t see George putting that bulk on without losing his leap or agility.
I had a similar argument with a port mate about butters when I referred to his lack of height and he mention aker and others, but in reality others have way more body mass which makes up for lack of height in a contest.
Curnow is 5 years older, and if you had watched mitch you would know that strength in the contest is one of his greatest strengths.

Reckon he'd need a massive year to be worth anything near that. Rightly or wrongly, he's a smaller KPF that was drafted end of first round and has shown flashes.

If he'd been OOC last period and asked for a trade then I'd have thought a teens pick at best personally.

Hopefully all irrelevant and he signs on for you guys

This is a war example of people not rating a player they don’t know.

Amiss goes on to kick 55 goals in the next two seasons, what’s he worth? You would want the absolute world for him in the scenario.

whatever you get for Georgiadis, the dees would get that plus a future 1 for Pickett so the more you get = the more the dees get.
Here danster goes with his pickett is worth a billion first round picks campaign. You already got laughed out of that thread.

yeah he was dropped. he had a poor year.

He’s a 21 yr old kpf and already played 47 games, that’s tracking well for a young kf.

Last year we had Marshall Dixon Georgiades and finlayson all in good form fighting for 3 positions.

Kicked 23 goals, more than double what Luke Jackson kicked, and there wasn’t a kf his age or younger that came close to 23 goals.

Has the kicking yips, hopefully that turns around as his kicking hasn’t been an issue before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back