Player Watch Mitch Hinge - Re-signed until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
I find it interesting that Hinge states his discussions with Adelaide only started in the last week or so. I wonder why we didn’t target him earlier and left it until after trade period.
You will never hear players saying that teams have been talking to them a long way out whilst they are under contract. I appreciate that you are only talking about trade period, but I reckon they all get briefed on what to say and we never really know what's happening behind the scenes.

I wouldn't place any weight on stuff players say in these grabs.

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
Only Bock debuted in the Craig era

Nope, all of Bock, Rutten and Mattner debuted under Ayres. Fergus Watts also debuted at the end of the Ayres era.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Only Bock debuted in the Craig era
Rutten couldnt get a game until Craigy came in and put him straight to Full Back. Yes he played 2 games as a 20 year old and
Nope, all of Bock, Rutten and Mattner debuted under Ayres. Fergus Watts also debuted at the end of the Ayres era.
They debuted in the Ayres Era. But it was Craigy who made them regulars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
You wouldn’t be the only one. Kept him out for the remainder of season is not a good sign.

Brent Reilly said pre-game on AA that he was replacing Mackay for the Carlton game but then they decided to give Gibbs a farewell game. If we were concerned then he'd have not been playing scratch matches. He was right to go 3-4 weeks out, we just preferred Dmac's experience and neither McPherson or Sholl could be dropped given the way they were going.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Happy with the pickup but here’s a question. Ppl are saying Nicks wants flexibility, but I didn’t really see that this year. Our forwards were forwards, our back were backs, and our mids were mids. Exception that proves the rule is Laird, although once he went mid he stayed mid. Am I missing something?
Also, re flexibility, I don’t think it’s that important. I’d much rather have our coaches get our players to play to their strengths.

Nope, you're spot on, we don't do in-game flexibility.

Just ran into my Aunty who taught Mitch at Mundulla & knows the Hinge family well.

All she said is he is very talkative... so hopefully lots of voice on the field. Perhaps our new Lever. ;)
With more honourable attributes.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
bloke in dark shirt looks like he’s transitioning
That be ball burner Rhys Mathieson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back