Recommitted Mitch Honeychurch [re-signed until 2018]

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Will be best 22 for the Giants in that forward line with his forward pressure which they desperately need. Will add some much needed grit and toughness to that side.
Nah
He wont. We play Toby mostly deep as one small, and De Boer worked well un that role. Daniel Lloyd is developing as a deep small forward as well. Toby and De Boer can rotate with resting mids as required and give us good balance.
Clearly if we didn't trade, and in the off chance we want him, which remains to be seen, it would be a rookie spot. He's not a best 22 player.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Nah
He wont. We play Toby mostly deep as one small, and De Boer worked well un that role. Daniel Lloyd is developing as a deep small forward as well. Toby and De Boer can rotate with resting mids as required and give us good balance.
Clearly if we didn't trade, and in the off chance we want him, which remains to be seen, it would be a rookie spot. He's not a best 22 player.
Agreed. He might get some games but I don’t think there’s a team in the league where he’d be best 22.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Like clockwork you are
Like clockwork you are. Look at the trail do you think it was your nonsense or my introducing reality y that iniated this discussion.
If we were looking at him as a senior player a trade would have been proposed. The only way we'd possibly leave it ti the DFA stage is if we were considering a rookie spot. Even then, and I know I keep repeating it, there's never been a reference to anyone at our club that suggests we ever have been.
That's important.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Like clockwork you are. Look at the trail do you think it was your nonsense or my introducing reality y that iniated this discussion.
If we were looking at him as a senior player a trade would have been proposed. The only way we'd possibly leave it ti the DFA stage is if we were considering a rookie spot. Even then, and I know I keep repeating it, there's never been a reference to anyone at our club that suggests we ever have been.
That's important.
Perhaps the media should be investigated for bringing the game into disrepute for suggesting GWS were looking at him? Their reports were clearly designed to denigrate GWS, exactly like the Saints and Tomlinson.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Perhaps the media should be investigated for bringing the game into disrepute for suggesting GWS were looking at him? Their reports were clearly designed to denigrate GWS, exactly like the Saints and Tomlinson.
The two cases aren't even vaguely related though. This one was a media beat up and fantasizing on BF.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The two cases aren't even vaguely related though. This one was a media beat up and fantasizing on BF.
I know that, I was being facetious. I think it's a little fanciful though to suggest that because the club didn't officially say 'we're after Honeychurch', that it must be made up.

The vast majority of player movements occur without any club referencing the fact that they're after them, until the trade/signing actually happens. It's almost always just snippets of information in the media. You're living under a rock if you think GWS couldn't have been chasing him because there's no reference to it and it didn't eventuate.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I know that, I was being facetious. I think it's a little fanciful though to suggest that because the club didn't officially say 'we're after Honeychurch', that it must be made up.

The vast majority of player movements occur without any club referencing the fact that they're after them, until the trade/signing actually happens. It's almost always just snippets of information in the media. You're living under a rock if you think GWS couldn't have been chasing him because there's no reference to it and it didn't eventuate.
So you were trolling, I get that.
I don't know that aliens didn't land in Bondi today either. Is that evidence they did in your mind?

So you were trolling, I get that.
I don't know that aliens didn't land in Bondi today either. Is that evidence they did in your mind?

You are being very childish. So you think this was all made up? No doubt a ploy to make GWS look bad I’m sure

Naah
Just nonsense that rightfully should be called nonsense

Again, childish.

The arbiter of what is correct and fair reporting you are not. It is obvious there was some interest from GWS in honeychurch but no doubt he wasn’t worth the hassle and for a Victorian kid like him moving from being a fringe player in his home state to a fringe player in Sydney wouldn’t have been the most appealing.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Maybe you should email afl.com to advise them as such?
Press report not referenced is inaccurate. I'm sure they'd be shocked and immediately commence an independent investigation. Hang the expense.

Back