News Mitch McGovern nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

People were getting way to emotional and personal over this trade and mostly just from their desire to be the 'winners' from a visual perspective. Reality is any true winner will only be known in the future but for the time being it looks fairly OK for both assuming McGovern continues to build as a player.

Yeah when I buy something of quality most likely the seller knows this too so if you want it you have to pay to get it . I’m happy with the deal .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

O, slo you lived in the capital?
Yeah, 5 years ago. Lucked out marrying a Norwegian gal. In Melbourne now, but may move back at some stage. Such a beautiful country and there is so many interesting places to visit close by. Downside is the cost of living. I was paying $400 a week for a 2m x 5m room in a share house! Partner from Fredristad. Happy over there ?

People were getting way to emotional and personal over this trade and mostly just from their desire to be the 'winners' from a visual perspective.

Tell me about it. I’ve barely posted in the D&T McGovern thread, but one Crows’ poster from the old Gibbs thread started PM’ing me and insisting that Carlton and SOS got screwed over, coming up with index points and all kind of whacky distortions. My final reply to him is quoted below ...

Based on the 2018 ladder and compo adjustment, Adelaide’s net points IN figure (1,212-429-316) is 467, which equates to pick 38. Inversely, the extra points you gave up to Carlton (316) and Sydney (429) are what turned pick 38 (467) into pick 13 (1,212).

So for McGovern, what you got from the Blues was an index value of - pick 38 and a state player pick. Outside of McAdam, most of what Carlton paid fell to the Swans. Comprende?

Using the points system can make it look like Carlton paid through the nose, or that the Crows gave up McGovern for nicks, or that Sydney made out like bandits; but the reality is all three clubs potentially got a great deal - the Crows swap McGovern for pick 13 and McAdam. Carlton get McGovern for a second rounder, a state pick and swap of second to third rounders. The Swans get the points they needed for Blakey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back