Mitch McGovern (please read OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard that story. I thought the "go to" story that was rolled out was the couldn't pay him any more money, yet could afford to bring Gibbs into the club
Yeah, there's a few around and who knows. When there are no details available people fill in the blanks.

What's certain is that something happened between him signing and now that has soured him on the club. Or things.

Yeah, there's a few around and who knows. When there are no details available people fill in the blanks.

What's certain is that something happened between him signing and now that has soured him on the club. Or things.
There were rumours shortly after the finals. And after nearly 11 months he's confirmed he wants to leave. Probably never know the real reason/s

I think we may, if our expectation is Lukossius ......but my optimism is the overall Trade / Draft period
I'm not a draft watcher at all but I do read these threads and I've never seen posters so collectively gung ho about a crop of SA kids.

Usually there's a Great White Hope (Sellar, Day, Aish, Fogarty) who loses a bit of appeal as the season has gone on.

This year the hype has gathered momentum if anything. And more names keep popping up eg Boyd Woodcock.

Exciting stuff and exactly what SA footy needs. Our mock State of Origin team has looked increasingly dire these last few seasons.

I'm not a draft watcher at all but I do read these threads and I've never seen posters so collectively gung ho about a crop of SA kids.

Usually there's a Great White Hope (Sellar, Day, Aish, Fogarty) who loses a bit of appeal as the season has gone on.

This year the hype has gathered momentum if anything. And more names keep popping up eg Boyd Woodcock.

Exciting stuff and exactly what SA footy needs. Our mock State of Origin team has looked increasingly dire these last few seasons.
The 3 Sth Aust boys are indeed "Special" .....the popular debate is in which order they rank, but if we can get Rankine, I'm pants down

True of course, but it’s an ok rule-of-thumb to put against proposed trades. I love the idea of holding 3 & 8 on Draft night but I’d be asking for a sweetener somehow, maybe a swap of 2019 seconds?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What's all this puck 3 rubbish from GC. We want pick 2. If we get 3 and they take Luko, won't we look like fools. It's Luko ahead of Rankine for me

What's all this puck 3 rubbish from GC. We want pick 2. If we get 3 and they take Luko, won't we look like fools. It's Luko ahead of Rankine for me
Or we get 3 and an undertaking they won't take lukosious. then port get bulldogs 1st for wingard and bundle that up with others to get pick 2 and beat us to him.

Or we get 3 and an undertaking they won't take lukosious. then port get bulldogs 1st for wingard and bundle that up with others to get pick 2 and beat us to him.

FFS, GC don't need picks, they need players. They already have picks coming out of their arseholes this year, they are looking at 2, 3, 17, 26, 28, plus trade value for Hall and possibly May. Given that Hall seems irrationally rated they could be looking at 7 picks inside 30, four in the first round. Unless Port are trading Wingard to them, they are not getting pick 2. Why people think GC would give up drafting Luko, so they could get pick 7 and pick 10 in a draft where they already have a ton of early picks defies belief.

The Bulldogs will need to fork out $1M per season for 5 years (they've already have Boyd on that big coin and years) and also need to give pick 6...….the supporters will gone nuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS, GC don't need picks, they need players. They already have picks coming out of their arseholes this year, they are looking at 2, 3, 17, 26, 28, plus trade value for Hall and possibly May. Given that Hall seems irrationally rated they could be looking at 7 picks inside 30, four in the first round. Unless Port are trading Wingard to them, they are not getting pick 2. Why people think GC would give up drafting Luko, so they could get pick 7 and pick 10 in a draft where they already have a ton of early picks defies belief.
If they are on a salary squeeze, the cheapest way to fix their cap is to draft kids or trade pick 2 or 3 for McGovern + CEY and the Crows agree to pay 70% of his salary for the next 2 years.

It's possibly a few small things added together souring him on the club. Speculation:

1. Training (being made to?) despite some reservations about his hamstring and missing prelim and grand finals as a result.

2. Signing for unders because our cap is tight and we're trying to keep our top-ranked squad together. Doing the club-first thing. Then Lever and Cameron go and we sign Gibbs on big dollars.

3. Told Teague is staying which he finds out later isn't true.

4. Comes back unfit and cops it

5. The camp

6. Gets sent back onto the ground with injections in his ankle because "it can't get any worse," then collides with Douglas which makes it much, much worse.

Don't know. 12 months ago he was keen to be a Crows player long term. Clearly something or some things have happened since.

"Not a good fit" is an obvious lie.
He didn't really sign for unders though did he, Gibbs did.

He also WANTED to play in the GF and was gutted when he missed.

Pick 3 would be ridiculously good result, whether it be Lukosius or Rankine or a choice I’d be pumped.
Seems like a pipe dream though.

Carlton gave away pick 7 in 2014 for 3 big misses that contributed a combined 41 games, and Gold Coast traded pick 2 for Weller, so the Crows do seem to be talking to the right suitors to give them a chance.

Maybe stay away from Hawks noting our history with them....

Trades involving top-10 draft picks

Gold Coast traded pick No.2 to Fremantle for Lachie Weller.

Melbourne traded pick No.10 and a future first and fourth-round pick to Adelaide for Jake Lever, a second-round pick and a future third-round pick.

Adelaide traded picka No.10, 16, 71 and a future second-round pick to Carlton for BryceGibbs, No.77 and a future second and third-round pick.

Fremantle traded pick No.3 to GWS for Cam McCarthy, picks No.7, 34 and 72.

Hawthorn traded pick No.10 and a future second-round pick to Gold Coast for Jaeger O’Meara.

Richmond traded pick No.6 and a future second-round pick to Gold Coast for Dion Prestia and pick No.24.

Collingwood traded picks No.7, 65 and a future first-round pick to GWS for Adam Treloar and pick No.28.

Geelong traded picks No.9, 28 and Dean Gore for Patrick Dangerfieldand pick 50.

Port Adelaide traded pick No.10 to Gold Coast in a three-club deal to land Charlie Dixon.

Melbourne traded picks No.6 and 29 and a future first-round pick to Gold Coast for picks No.3, 10 and 43.

GWS traded pick No.7 and Tom Bugg to Melbourne for pick No.10, 43 and 64.

St Kilda traded pick No.5 to Essendon in a three-club deal for Jake Carlisle.

Brisbane traded picks No.5, 25 and Jack Crisp to Collingwood for Dayne Beams and pick 67.

Western Bulldogs traded pick No.6 and Ryan Griffen to GWS for Tom Boyd.

Carlton traded pick No.7 to GWS for Kristin Jaksch, pick No.19 and Mark Whiley.

Melbourne traded picks No.2, 20 and 72 to GWS for Dom Tyson and picks No.9 and 53.

It's possibly a few small things added together souring him on the club. Speculation:

1. Training (being made to?) despite some reservations about his hamstring and missing prelim and grand finals as a result.

2. Signing for unders because our cap is tight and we're trying to keep our top-ranked squad together. Doing the club-first thing. Then Lever and Cameron go and we sign Gibbs on big dollars.

3. Told Teague is staying which he finds out later isn't true.

4. Comes back unfit and cops it

5. The camp

6. Gets sent back onto the ground with injections in his ankle because "it can't get any worse," then collides with Douglas which makes it much, much worse.

Don't know. 12 months ago he was keen to be a Crows player long term. Clearly something or some things have happened since.

"Not a good fit" is an obvious lie.
He's a young bloke. Sometimes young blokes make stupid decisions and/or act out like ****.

Not necessarily a conspiracy behind it

I tell you who should be more upset than Gov - Rory Laird

A guy that gives his all week in and week out and is the best player in comp for his position

Gov needs to grow up IMO , he’s all potential with moments , supreme talent but hasn’t put together a massive season yet wants to be in highest bracket of cash , because he’s not committed to success of the club

Need to get rid of him and get something equal or better in return that’s willing to do the hard work

Rant over

Starting to become a Gov hater Jeff.

Pick 3 would be ridiculously good result, whether it be Lukosius or Rankine or a choice I’d be pumped.
Seems like a pipe dream though.

Carlton gave away pick 7 in 2014 for 3 big misses that contributed a combined 41 games, and Gold Coast traded pick 2 for Weller, so the Crows do seem to be talking to the right suitors to give them a chance.

Maybe stay away from Hawks noting our history with them....

Trades involving top-10 draft picks

Gold Coast traded pick No.2 to Fremantle for Lachie Weller.

Melbourne traded pick No.10 and a future first and fourth-round pick to Adelaide for Jake Lever, a second-round pick and a future third-round pick.

Adelaide traded picka No.10, 16, 71 and a future second-round pick to Carlton for BryceGibbs, No.77 and a future second and third-round pick.

Fremantle traded pick No.3 to GWS for Cam McCarthy, picks No.7, 34 and 72.

Hawthorn traded pick No.10 and a future second-round pick to Gold Coast for Jaeger O’Meara.

Richmond traded pick No.6 and a future second-round pick to Gold Coast for Dion Prestia and pick No.24.

Collingwood traded picks No.7, 65 and a future first-round pick to GWS for Adam Treloar and pick No.28.

Geelong traded picks No.9, 28 and Dean Gore for Patrick Dangerfieldand pick 50.

Port Adelaide traded pick No.10 to Gold Coast in a three-club deal to land Charlie Dixon.

Melbourne traded picks No.6 and 29 and a future first-round pick to Gold Coast for picks No.3, 10 and 43.

GWS traded pick No.7 and Tom Bugg to Melbourne for pick No.10, 43 and 64.

St Kilda traded pick No.5 to Essendon in a three-club deal for Jake Carlisle.

Brisbane traded picks No.5, 25 and Jack Crisp to Collingwood for Dayne Beams and pick 67.

Western Bulldogs traded pick No.6 and Ryan Griffen to GWS for Tom Boyd.

Carlton traded pick No.7 to GWS for Kristin Jaksch, pick No.19 and Mark Whiley.

Melbourne traded picks No.2, 20 and 72 to GWS for Dom Tyson and picks No.9 and 53.

Thanks for the info.

Think it’s fair to say we overpaid for Gibbs - but also that we made the conscious decision to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back