Mitch McGovern (please read OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are options. Shiel for future first with their second coming back. The mcadam pick for a late second. Gives us four seconds. At best. At worst 3 seconds and a third. We could use this for the father son/academy clubs that need picks. I.e. Dogs (Riley west and Buku Khamis - if they get wingard they’ll need our seconds), Sydney (Nick Blakey - should get picks via trades though), Collingwood (Isaac Quaynor, Will Kelly - after May and don’t have any picks after first, will need seconds if not more as IQ is rated top 20 or better). We could use that pick for McGovern. But in the end you could just take the 2 seconds and do the same.

Watch closely you may learn something. SOS always gets what we want. The afl have asked everybody to calm down in regards to trade talk and drafting due to some important event happening on Saturday arvo. Just wait till Monday and the nominations come flooding in.

I guess we will see how it plays out, I'm sure a deal will get done sooner or later and there will be people on either side whining it's bad for them lol.

I still think you under paid for Gibbs. We should not have needed to give you our second round pick. Gibbs for 7 and 19 would of then been the price in points system. Just paying 7 was not enough. We’ve been underpaid a lot lately. Tuohy, Garlett, Jacobs.
The swapping of 2nd rounders was the dispute and Carlton got bent over on that part including giving us your 3rd rounder as well......and the same will happen with McGovern, I am guessing it will be your 2019 first rounder.

Have I got this right you're suggesting a contracted Shiel for a single future 1st pick with GWS's 2nd coming back to Carlton...you've gone full blown stupid. Piss off putting s**t like that up, there's actually Adults on the Adelaide board.

I guess he didn't try to make it a swap of first rounders and Shiel. He might just be the most reasonable and measured Blues supporter I have seen come here and talk trade values.

I mean that isn't saying much but it was a fair effort

There are options. Shiel for future first with their second coming back. The mcadam pick for a late second. Gives us four seconds. At best. At worst 3 seconds and a third. We could use this for the father son/academy clubs that need picks. I.e. Dogs (Riley west and Buku Khamis - if they get wingard they’ll need our seconds), Sydney (Nick Blakey - should get picks via trades though), Collingwood (Isaac Quaynor, Will Kelly - after May and don’t have any picks after first, will need seconds if not more as IQ is rated top 20 or better). We could use that pick for McGovern. But in the end you could just take the 2 seconds and do the same.

Watch closely you may learn something. SOS always gets what we want. The afl have asked everybody to calm down in regards to trade talk and drafting due to some important event happening on Saturday arvo. Just wait till Monday and the nominations come flooding in.
Shiel isn't going to Carlton, he rule it out when Simpson suggested it, if he choose to return to Melbourne it will be Hawks or Essendon.

I hope that you don’t take offence to this (not trolling) but I can see that maybe the Shiel opportunity may cost us getting McGovern as well. I would prefer taking mcadam and grigg with the mature picks and get Shiel with our future first. McGovern may have been worth a top 10 pick two years ago even last year but after 2018 he’s probsbly only worth a late first early second. Particularly due to the strong draft (despite being contracted). We’d be silly to offer anything better as he’s not really something we need. If he was draft eligible right now he probably wouldn’t get picked till after that too. Who would you guys take right now if given the choice:
Lukosius
Rankine
Hately
Rozzee
McGovern

He goes last in that 5. Which is why I don’t get the pick 1 talk. Surely you all rate lukosius higher than McGovern despite being 48 games in.

How we rate McGovern respective to other prospects has no relevance whatsoever.

The only things that do matter is McGovern is contracted and you've apparently put an 800k offer to him. He's not worth a late first/early second because 800k per year is not money befitting of that worth. That's two first rounders level money , with potentially a steak knife pick coming back. That's before having to explain the subtleties of how contracted players work, but I'm sure you've all learned that after the past two years with the shoe being on the other foot.

The only way you circumvent that is pick 1, and i'm sure if so, you'll get a first round pick back because there isn't too many two first round combinations that exist that is worth the same (let alone more) then a 1st pick. Without doing that we hold on for another year, and I doubt it bothers us too much. It may bother McGovern seeing he is getting to the point he needs to justify such a demand as he is probably a year or two away from not having the potential tag anymore.

Last edited:
hehehe

And you still don't get it he can nominate you guys all he wants, doesn't mean jack unless a single digit pick comes our way, you don't want to give up pick 1 thats not our problem.
I don’t think Carlton will have a problem with SOS walking out the door on the deal. I know it’s unfair on McGovern if we’ve been chasing him. We did try in year 1 of the Gibbs situation but he said no. So he can take part of the blame. McClure tonight had stated McGovern will be playing for Carlton next year along with a Fasolo so I wonder what’s gonna happen. Interesting times ahead. SOS will get the pick Adelaide want. I just don’t want him to give up too much to do so.

I don’t think Carlton will have a problem with SOS walking out the door on the deal. I know it’s unfair on McGovern if we’ve been chasing him. We did try in year 1 of the Gibbs situation but he said no. So he can take part of the blame. McClure tonight had stated McGovern will be playing for Carlton next year along with a Fasolo so I wonder what’s gonna happen. Interesting times ahead. SOS will get the pick Adelaide want. I just don’t want him to give up too much to do so.

Mclure lol

Right now we are getting somewhere, its pretty well know we aren't bending over for this one, single digit pick is what it will take, none of this McAdam or 2nd round pick rubbish.

Unfortunately for Carlton they only have pick 1 and 2019 first to play with.

How we rate McGovern respective to other prospects has no relevance whatsoever.

The only things that do matter is McGovern is contracted and you've apparently put an 800k offer to him. He's not worth a late first/early second because 800k per year is not money befitting of that worth. That's money that is two first rounders, with potentially a steak knife pick coming back. That's before having to explain the intricies of how contracted players work, but I'm sure you've all learned that after the past two years with the shoe being on the other foot.

The only way you circumvent that is pick 1, and i'm sure if so, you'll get a first round pick back because there isn't too many two first round combinations that exist that is worth the same (let alone more) then a 1st pick. Without doing that we hold on for another year, and I doubt it bothers us too much. It may bother McGovern seeing he is getting to the point he needs to justify such a demand as we're getting close to the magical 5 year buffer mark that as a prospect can rely on potential.
Once again. You didn’t pay two first rounders for Gibbs. You basically paid pick 7. Or if you don’t like that. You paid one first rounder. Upgraded a second and got an extra third. McGovern isn’t worth as much as Gibbs whose one of the most durable players in the afl where mcgovern is at the other end of the spectrum. Pick 15 is overs in my opinion but I reckon SOS will arrange something to get a pick in that tamed for Adelaide because he’s contracted. Inside 10 is ridiculous overs and carton would be stupid to pay that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now we are getting somewhere, its pretty well know we aren't bending over for this one, single digit pick is what it will take, none of this McAdam or 2nd round pick rubbish.
The Crows might do it if those 2 early 2nd rounders can be traded for pick 12 from Sydney who needs points for Blakely.

Once again. You didn’t pay two first rounders for Gibbs. You basically paid pick 7. Or if you don’t like that. You paid one first rounder. Upgraded a second and got an extra third. McGovern isn’t worth as much as Gibbs whose one of the most durable players in the afl where mcgovern is at the other end of the spectrum. Pick 15 is overs in my opinion but I reckon SOS will arrange something to get a pick in that tamed for Adelaide because he’s contracted. Inside 10 is ridiculous overs and carton would be stupid to pay that.
Or look at it this way, we got a 650k player for 5 years (gibbs) and your getting a 800k player for 8 years, looks like you're getting the more valuable commodity.

I’ve heard that rumour from a few places now. It has merit but it might take a third club to get involved to pay for a mature player they truly rate (Corbett, McAdam, Nelson, Schloithe, Grigg, etc.).

Shiel isn't going to Carlton, he rule it out when Simpson suggested it, if he choose to return to Melbourne it will be Hawks or Essendon.

going to Carlton is a career killer.

Why go to a bottom Club when you go to another Club on the cusp or playing finals.

Or look at it this way, we got a 650k player for 5 years (gibbs) and your getting a 800k player for 8 years, looks like you're getting the more valuable commodity.
They’ll probably end up playing the same amount of games over that time frame. Where did you hear 800k over 8. I heard SOS is quite tight on his contracts. GWS has gone to s**t since he left.

They’ll probably end up playing the same amount of games over that time frame. Where did you hear 800k over 8. I heard SOS is quite tight on his contracts. GWS has gone to s**t since he left.
Once again its been widely reported, with all due respect he isn't choosing you guys for anything other than money.
Sorry, but you guys are the ones that have gotten worse since sos changed clubs.

Why go to a bottom Club when you go to another Club on the cusp or playing finals.
Maybe that’s exactly where Carlton is heading. You may not see it right now. But I do. Collingwood and Richmond were both a rabble two years prior to the successes they are currently having. Sacking coaches. No KP players. The kids come on.

And he will be offer big money of $1M form other clubs, you would think....unless Carlton are offering him $1.5-2M and he likes a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back