Mitch McGovern (please read OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Once again its been widely reported, with all due respect he isn't choosing you guys for anything other than money.
Sorry, but you guys are the ones that have gotten worse since sos changed clubs.
Understandable. Age demographic has a lot to do with our current state plus losing key players in a team lacking mature player lineup. Adding just docherty in 2019 is huge. I wonder what another pick 1 MM and a possible Shiel will do. Cripps IS the best player in the afl right now. He will win a Brownlow very shortly with more wins.

Once again. You didn’t pay two first rounders for Gibbs. You basically paid pick 7. Or if you don’t like that. You paid one first rounder. Upgraded a second and got an extra third. McGovern isn’t worth as much as Gibbs whose one of the most durable players in the afl where mcgovern is at the other end of the spectrum. Pick 15 is overs in my opinion but I reckon SOS will arrange something to get a pick in that tamed for Adelaide because he’s contracted. Inside 10 is ridiculous overs and carton would be stupid to pay that.

Gibbs trade:

Carlton received pick Nos.10, 16, and 73 in this year's draft and the Crows' 2018 second-round pick.

- Adelaide received Gibbs, No.77 and Carlton's 2018 second-round and third-round picks.

By that, we paid 10, 16 and got Gibbs for an upgraded 2nd/upgraded 3.

So two firsts, though pick 7 as an overall isn't far off if you condensed it. Pick 5 would be my feel with that, but really there is no proper way to condense a trade like that seeing the points system is just utterly useless.

Yet you're potentially paying McGovern as much (if not more) per year as you did Gibbs, and he's contracted. I'd be careful in saying he's not worth as much because to even put the contract offer to McGovern you know it would resign you to pay a very large amount. My guess is we wouldn't even entertain it unless we got pick 3-5 in value, after all, he is contracted/we have no pressing needs to get rid of him.

Understandable. Age demographic has a lot to do with our current state plus losing key players in a team lacking mature player lineup. Adding just docherty in 2019 is huge. I wonder what another pick 1 MM and a possible Shiel will do. Cripps IS the best player in the afl right now. He will win a Brownlow very shortly with more wins.
How many times have you added pick 1's to your list? Hasn't worked. Bolton imo is a dud as is SOS.

Gibbs trade:

Carlton received pick Nos.10, 16, and 73 in this year's draft and the Crows' 2018 second-round pick.

- Adelaide received Gibbs, No.77 and Carlton's 2018 second-round and third-round picks.

By that, we paid 10, 16 and got Gibbs for an upgraded 2nd/upgraded 3.

So two firsts, though pick 7 as an overall isn't far off if you condensed it as a gut feel seeing pick 16 is practically a 2nd rounder.

Yet you're potentially paying McGovern as much (if not more) per year as you did Gibbs, and he's contracted. I'd be careful in saying he's not worth as much because to even put the contract offer to McGovern you know it would resign you to pay a very large amount. My guess is we wouldn't even entertain it unless we got pick 3-5 in value, after all, he is contracted/we have no pressing needs to get rid of him.
Your not getting pick 3-5. No ones paying that ever.

How many times have you added pick 1's to your list? Hasn't worked. Bolton imo is a dud as is SOS.
Thanks to those who had a reasonable discussion about this. I’ll leave you all to it. It’s remarks like this that gives the Adelaide board a bad name. Enjoy your night and gd luck in getting what he’s worth. May the best man win.

Guys - we are not getting a top 5 pick for Gov

You can spew at the club when it happens if you want but I’m just warning you

20% chance to stay at best

I don't see why we'd trade McGovern if it wasn't for a high single digit pick.

That might include packaging him up with our existing pick(s). But there is no point trading him for pick 12 and calling it a day.

I agree he isn't worth pick 3 on his own

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In what universe does a mature age pick suddenly become a top 20 player?
7a0821ea796198a16afdbc0ff23f7b80

The club have said that officially? Or the media have reported that?
All I was aware they'd said in relation to the SA boys that everything was on the table re this draft but not specifically for any one player.

People need to stop being sucked into Carlton’s bullshit, especially Andy McKay, about us being desperate to land Lukosius.

We’ve never said it.

Thanks to those who had a reasonable discussion about this. I’ll leave you all to it. It’s remarks like this that gives the Adelaide board a bad name. Enjoy your night and gd luck in getting what he’s worth. May the best man win.
Considering the blatant rubbish you've posted on our board I think we've actually been too kind to you. You're in an alternate universe if you think Shiel's trade value is a future 1st with a 2nd coming back to Carlton

Maybe that’s exactly where Carlton is heading. You may not see it right now. But I do. Collingwood and Richmond were both a rabble two years prior to the successes they are currently having. Sacking coaches. No KP players. The kids come on.

Hang on.

Dont talk that bullshit just because Richmond and the Pies did it that Carlton can do it.

Your club is a basket case and has been for years and years. Your Club has spent the majority of the 21st century basking at bottom of the ladder.

Carlton is closer to failing again then to turning it around.

Hang on.

Dont talk that bullshit just because Richmond and the Pies did it that Carlton can do it.

Your club is a basket case and has been for years and years. Your Club has spent the majority of the 21st century basking at bottom of the ladder.

Carlton is closer to failing again then to turning it around.
Some people have very short memories. Carlton have still won more games than Richmond over the last 10 years. And until last year had played more winning finals. Still played more finals in the last 10 years though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back