Recommitted Mitch McGovern

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't see where he fits in at West Coast. Would be a total waste.

Fremantle will be desperate for him.

Not every WA player has to go home though. He'll have plenty of suitors and plenty of money on the table from Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when he played WAFL seniors for two years and was kicking a few goals for Claremont, and his older brother took a few years to come good, but Freo sat on him and sat on him and sat on him despite the fact he was always talented? Classic.

He grew up a big Freo fan. Pretty sure he originally felt a lot of loyalty toward the Crows as they took the punt on him, but he's accepted there isn't much loyalty left in footy and so long as the Crows are compensated he's keen to go home. Apparently way more keen to go to the Dockers. But I don't think he's ever actually played much with his brother so there's probably that pull for him too. A good pay deal would get him to demand a trade.

He's an awesome mark but for some reason he's always forced to take them around the 50 arc. Maybe it was just the bigger ground yesterday, but he was clunking stuff in messy packs but just couldn't get the distance or accuracy from 45-plus. Still though, he has some balls and is a natural footballer so he'd easily displace Taberner. I can see him working well with McCarthy too. I'd trade out Sheridan, Crozier, and maybe see the going rate for a few of the recent draftees we've gotten from Victoria. Pick 15ish would be more than fair.

Tom Mitchell went for pick 15? Last year, although I thought that was very much unders.

You won't get a club giving a single digit pick straight for mine

Tom Mitchell went for pick 15? Last year, although I thought that was very much unders.

You won't get a club giving a single digit pick straight for mine
Agreed. I don't want to give up a top 10 pick at all, but that's where our pick will land so if we want any chance at getting him it will have to include our pick this year or next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back