Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

No, but some delusional types early on from Crowville were claiming it was we downgrade from pick 1 to pick 7 for McGovern or they keep him....lol...There is no way Crows list managers were that dumb. Everyone knew it was not part of any real discussions.

As many blue baggers wanted him for a single second.

Always needed to be a first

Good deal for the Crows on the basis of what he cost.

Pick 43 a few years ago and reportedly on a decent contract relative to his output.

He's a talented guy and they'd have preferred he was a long termer but if he doesn't want to be there then pick 13 is a good result.

Should be a good player for Carlton. Not so old that his output is 100% predictable but not so young that he's another kid that will be in and out of the VFL.

Summary:

Carlton IN: McGovern, future 3rd rounder
Carlton OUT: 2nd rounder, 2nd rounder, 5th rounder, McAdam

Sydney IN: 2nd rounder, 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder
Sydney OUT: 1st rounder

Adelaide IN: McAdam, 1st rounder, 5th rounder
Adelaide OUT: McGovern, 3rd rounder, future 3rd rounder

Yup, so you got a first rounder from Sydney and traded that to Adelaide. Agree with your summary, you traded a first.

Yup, so you got a first rounder from Sydney and traded that to Adelaide. Agree with your summary, you traded a first.

No they didn't. For Sydney to accept the blues 2 x 2nd rounders for their 1st, we also had to cough up pick 40.

The blues paid 2 second rounders for Gov.

The trade was win/win/win.

You might want to read through the trade more thoroughly before you go any further because you obviously don’t get it.

To summarise; this was a three way deal.
Carlton gave up 2 x 2nd rounders, a 2019 5th rounder and McAdam.
SYDNEY gave up pick 13.
Adelaide gave up McGovern, a 2019 3rd rounder AND pick 40 this year (to Sydney).

Swans the winners from the annual Crows/Blues vitriolic shitfight, really don't want a version 4. Hopefully Mitch converts his talent into 22 game quality contributor.

You might want to read through the trade more thoroughly before you go any further because you obviously don’t get it.

To summarise; this was a three way deal.
Carlton gave up 2 x 2nd rounders, a 2019 5th rounder and McAdam.
SYDNEY gave up pick 13.
Adelaide gave up McGovern, a 2019 3rd rounder AND pick 40 this year (to Sydney).

And we got Sydneys 13 that was traded to Carlton? What part am I missing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And we got Sydneys 13 that was traded to Carlton? What part am I missing?
Carlton didn't get Sydney's pick 13.

Adelaide got Sydney's pick 13 with pick 40 & Carlton's two 2nd round picks (For McGovern)

Simple.

Carlton didn't get Sydney's pick 13.

Adelaide got Sydney's pick 13 with pick 40 & Carlton's two 2nd round picks (For McGovern)

Simple.

This is correct

Adelaide gave 2019 3rd to Carlton

Carlton Gave McAdam, Pick 26, Pick 28 and 2019 5th to Adelaide

Adelaide gave Pick 26, Pick 28 and Pick 40 to Sydney

Sydney gave Adelaide pick 13

This is correct

Adelaide gave 2019 3rd to Carlton

Carlton Gave McAdam, Pick 26, Pick 28 and 2019 5th to Adelaide

Adelaide gave Pick 26, Pick 28 and Pick 40 to Sydney

Sydney gave Adelaide pick 13

I didn't know that the Crows traded with Sydney.

The way I understood the trade was as this:

Adelaide need a $10 note. Carlton have 2 $5 notes. Carlton swaps those with Sydney for a $10 note. Having obtained that $10 note it swaps with Adelaide for McGov.

So Carlton traded a $10 note for McGov to the Crows.

They way you describe it is that Carlton gave 2 $5 notes to Adelaide which then swamped them to Sydney for a $10 note.

Now facts actually matter. Which happened? And yes, I accept we are talking semantics. But as everyone seems so passionate about semantics, it's hard to accuse me of being petty.

Adelaide need a $10 note. Carlton have 2 $5 notes. Carlton swaps those with Sydney for a $10 note. Having obtained that $10 note it swaps with Adelaide for McGov.

They way you describe it is that Carlton gave 2 $5 notes to Adelaide which then swamped them to Sydney for a $10 note.

Now facts actually matter. Which happened? And yes, I accept we are talking semantics. But as everyone seems so passionate about semantics, it's hard to accuse me of being petty.

The crows had to trade with Sydney to include pick 40.

The way you are suggesting means

Adelaide traded with Carlton to get Mcadam
Carlton traded with Sydney to get Pick 13
Then Carlton had to trade again with Adelaide to give them pick 13

It just makes no sense

Sydney didn't give us pick #13 for #26 and #28. Sydney gave up #13 for: #26 (Carlton), #28 (Carlton) and #40 (Adelaide).

Adelaide need a $10 note.
Carlton have 2x $4 = $8
Sydney have $10 note

Adelaide give $2 + Carlton's $8 to Sydney and receive a $10 note.

Get it?

It's more like this:

Adelaide have a book they will sell for $10

Carlton want the book, and have two $5.

Adelaide doesn't want two five notes, but a single note.

Sydney has a $10 note.

Carlton offers the two $5's to Sydney, but they need a bit extra.

Adelaide have a $1 coin they are willing to get rid of, to get the deal done.

Carlton agree to swap another, less well-regarded book to Adelaide as well for an increase from a 50c piece to a $1.

Make Sense?

No?

Me Either

And yet, unless they pay a premium to go higher they'll miss Lukosius and Rankine.
No use selling the farm for those two lads...

They’ll end up at the suns... and we’ll get them back at the end of their first contracts... or, given how little players care about contracts these days, maybe next year!.

We should use all four picks to just grab the best player at each pick... there’s potential top class guns all the way to pick 20.. I would love to see us nab smith though.. and that Butters kid looks a gem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back