Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs will be even better for you next year IF both the Crouch boys & Sloane can stay fit.
Will be able to play more outside/move forward and use his kicking skills.

And GOV will be a stand up starter in round 1 for you and will contribute well, as long as he has his head right for training to keep his injuries at bay. I don't believe he is injury prone, I believe he is a lazy trainer, a change of clubs may help that

Would have preferred to keep McAdam in that deal but was a freebie so can’t complain at all.

Crows fans will be very happy, Carlton fans fairly content.

Well..... all those Carlton numpties saying the almighty SOS will get McGovern for a second rounder and McAdam were so far off the mark, but some of now saying it's a win for them.

It seems whatever happens must, in their mind, be moulded to fit the 'SOS is a trading God' narrative.

Actually, we have done quite well here, just like we did with the Cameron and Lever trades last year. We should get an A grader with pick 13, and if McAdam turns out to be a gun then he's a big bonus.

As we now have picks 8, 13, 16 and 20 (or thereabouts) I expect we will be looking at trading multiple picks to move up the order.

This is the best we have ever been placed in a draft, and in a year with A grade SA talent.

Well..... all those Carlton numpties saying the almighty SOS will get McGovern for a second rounder and McAdam were so far off the mark, but some of now saying it's a win for them.

It seems whatever happens must, in their mind, be moulded to fit the 'SOS is a trading God' narrative.

Actually, we have done quite well here, just like we did with the Cameron and Lever trades last year. We should get an A grader with pick 13, and if McAdam turns out to be a gun then he's a big bonus.

As we now have picks 8, 13, 16 and 20 (or thereabouts) I expect we will be looking at trading multiple picks to move up the order.

This is the best we have ever been placed in a draft, and in a year with A grade SA talent.

And the Adelaide numpties who were saying it would be top 10? Most people were saying a mid to high 1st round and maybe some fiddling around the edges. Which is what it appears to be.

Carlton should really let Sydney teabag them for the help.

Silvani was coming out looking pretty silly if he couldn't get that first rounder

SOS really is a master of getting trades done. Gets involved in other clubs trades as a facilitator and gets other clubs involved in Carlton’s trades. Showed the Crows how to go about it, rather than dicking around offering unders all week and waiting for the other side to blink.

Just like Adelaide will take whatever SOS gives them because Carlton holds all the cards because McGovern doesn’t want to be there.

Most of your supporters were adamant it would be 1 x second rounder and McAdam

Pretty much what I predicted. Gov worth second rounder, overs for being under contract meant around pick 15-20. In the end needed Sydney to deal and their pick is a tad higher, but round that mark. I assume McAdam gettin tagged on will result in some later pick upgrades for Carlton.

What a horrible deal for Carlton. Need to stick to trading with GWS I think

Pretty much what I predicted. Gov worth second rounder, overs for being under contract meant around pick 15-20. In the end needed Sydney to deal and their pick is a tad higher, but round that mark. I assume McAdam gettin tagged on will result in some later pick upgrades for Carlton.

I must admit there were some supporters from both sides agreeing on getting Sydney involved for their pick. Then you have the unrealistic ones on each side saying we want a top 10 pick and the you’ll take whatever SOS gives you.

All in all fairly close to being a fair trade, the kicker is if McAdam becomes a decent player then that tips Adelaide over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it. Since McGovern is contracted, we were going to have to pay overs to get him.

He's a young quality forward, and he'll be used to lesser the pressure on blokes like Curnow and McKay.

lel so bitter. we see a win-win and can move on.

you're still salty about last year's trade. move on son. move on.

I must admit there were some supporters from both sides agreeing on getting Sydney involved for their pick. Then you have the unrealistic ones on each side saying we want a top 10 pick and the you’ll take whatever SOS gives you.

All in all fairly close to being a fair trade, the kicker is if McAdam becomes a decent player then that tips Adelaide over
Yep, now give us back Betts! ;)

How are they far off the mark? We literally paid a second rounder and McAdam for him. All that was a added was another second rounder.

If you think that's so far off the mark I think you're taking the numpty crown home.

Where's all the Adelaide numptys that said we needed to find and use a first rounder or he wouldn't be ours?

Where they at champ?

How are they far off the mark? We literally paid a second rounder and McAdam for him. All that was a added was another second rounder.

If you think that's so far off the mark I think you're taking the numpty crown home.

Where's all the Adelaide numptys that said we needed to find and use a first rounder or he wouldn't be ours?

Where they at champ?

???? You paid pick 13, sorry to tell you but that's a first rounder!!!!!!

I believe we were supposed to take it while they went in dry.......was a term commonly used

Where they at champ?
This comment is hilarious

I agree with you. I do see pick 21 coming our way as part of the McGovern trade but with 42 going back to you. Could land 2 or 3 by combining 8/16 or 14/16.

CARL to SYD: 26 & 28
SYD to CARL: 13

CARL to ADEL: McAdam, 13 & 42
ADEL to CARL: McGovern & 21

ADEL to GCS: 8 (or 13) & 16
GCS to ADEL: 2 (or 3 if 13 used).

Pick 2 or 3 used on Jack Lukosius or Izak Rankine. And still have 8 or 13 hopefully for Connor Rozee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back