Mitch McGovern

Remove this Banner Ad

So Mitch goes to Carlton because he’s pissed at missing out on a GF and wants the chance to play in one

And Charlie goes to Brisbane and tweets gee I wish I had a chance to play in a GF

What is wrong with these people

They seem to have pitiful future state awareness if nothing else.

Guys, its wads of cash.
Wads.

Although I can see why you might have waddle on the brain, this being a McGovern thread and all.
586058_ef52f2d0a91183aac8fde61001558d59.jpg

So Mitch goes to Carlton because he’s pissed at missing out on a GF and wants the chance to play in one

And Charlie goes to Brisbane and tweets gee I wish I had a chance to play in a GF

What is wrong with these people
Too many head knocks.

Would we have picked Jeremy McGovern? Clearly wasn't 100% fit for the Eagles GF

We picked Jenkins, who either was injured or decided that chasing Rance wasnt a big deal in the grand final.

We picked Jenkins, who either was injured or decided that chasing Rance wasnt a big deal in the grand final.

There was an article around the time of the GF this year where Jenkins was talking about last year. Said he had built it up so much and spent so much energy during the week he was cooked before the game. Watched a replay and was shouting at himself to move faster etc.

I thought it was quite interesting

I thought it was around his injury being mismanaged before the GF, not the fact he thought he was fit enough to play.

If I were him, I’d be heaps pissed off if management didn’t take any responsibility for their shambles of a fitness department. This was thought was probably reinforced early this year with the huge number of injuries to the team as a result of the fitness departments incompetence. Once you lose confidence in management, so hard to trust them again.

Carlton have offered him some sweet $$$, has his favourite fwd coach, has Hawks high performance manager to manage his injury prone body, and allows his partner to study her dream course.

Having Burton/Hass has severely eroded player confidence in management and their well being. I count ourselves lucky that it was only McGovern that left.

I’m just glad they’ve recognised that they ****** up (excluding Burton/Haas), and taken steps to amend it.
It's not a doctor call, it was a hammy and he did a fitness test. Doctor is well removed from that.
“Fitness test” actually requires medical clearance. A club doctor needs to clear an injury before the fitness people can do their work.
Think “fitness to drive” or “fitness for return to work” certificates. These require a medical checkup by doctors, not physical conditioning people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Fitness test” actually requires medical clearance. A club doctor needs to clear an injury before the fitness people can do their work.
Think “fitness to drive” or “fitness for return to work” certificates. These require a medical checkup by doctors, not physical conditioning people.
I think you, and most people on this board, missed my point. I’m all for having to pass medical tests, shows that the clubs has done their due diligence and care/well being for the player.

I just highlighted the mismanagement of his injury (by the club) leading up to the GF.

And yes, I advocated for resting injured players.

There was an article around the time of the GF this year where Jenkins was talking about last year. Said he had built it up so much and spent so much energy during the week he was cooked before the game. Watched a replay and was shouting at himself to move faster etc.

I thought it was quite interesting
He also cracked his ribs in the first quarter.

Not really. In some work places "fitness for work" can be as simple as undergoing breath testing prior to starting work. No doctor involvement

I think you, and most people on this board, missed my point. I’m all for having to pass medical tests, shows that the clubs has done their due diligence and care/well being for the player.

I just highlighted the mismanagement of his injury (by the club) leading up to the GF.

And yes, I advocated for resting injured players.
I don’t think a lot of people realise that bringing back an injured player is ALWAYS a risk. It’s just what level of risk do we accept relative to a need for a player to return. No point dwelling on who should have or could have been selected. All just mumbo jumbo talk which makes no real sense when spoken with the benefit of hindsight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back