Recommitted Mitch McGovern

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair very few players have their best years as 30 year olds. The vast majority fall away after 30. So Gibbs has maybe 2 years at the level he is now and then most likely downhill sharply from there.
I might give a late first for him, but nothing above that.
He isnt worth 2 firsts, isnt worth a top 10 and isnt worth a first and second.
You should have taken the deal last year. You could of had had SPP for the next 10 years and the extra on top of that.
It's an interesting debate which I'm a bit tired of tbh. We shall see what unfolds this off season. You're right...one could argue that SPP would be great additions in the long term. I'd be lying if I had not thought about that. However at the same time Gibbs is arguably our most important player at the moment and his experience is key at present to help the younger blokes develop so I'd prefer to keep him. He is worth so much to us hence our high price.

I do disagree that his form will sharply decline post 30.

How is a fourth in line 23 year old third tall who's played less than 30 games worth a first rounder. On top of this he is uncontracted. I will kick myself in the dick if mcgovern is a straight swap for a first rounder this year and i'll do it on a live stream.
Quoted so it can't be deleted !!!!

crows fans should feel a bit comfortable now. Surely he won't jump ship now as the eagles are headed for a huge rebuild and the eagles have no interest in a player like him when they want to rebuild.

crows fans should feel a bit comfortable now. Surely he won't jump ship now as the eagles are headed for a huge rebuild and the eagles have no interest in a player like him when they want to rebuild.

It would be funny if Jeremy wanted to come to Adelaide to avoid the rebuild. Lever to Dogs Jeremy to crows pick 7-11 to Wce. That would work as long as Dogs pick was closer to 7 not 11.

On SM-N910G using BigFooty.com mobile app

It would be funny if Jeremy wanted to come to Adelaide to avoid the rebuild. Lever to Dogs Jeremy to crows pick 7-11 to Wce. That would work as long as Dogs pick was closer to 7 not 11.

If Lever leaves:D I think there is a very good chance Eric MacKenzie would end up at the Crows as a UFA. Pike knows how good he is and at 29 and not costing a draft pick he would be a great fit for a club in premiership mode,

McGovern and Tom Lynch will request a trade to the Eagles in replace for Lecras for pick 10 and 33 to the Crows. Pencil it in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MacKenzie isn't going to help our SANFL side let alone our senior side.

Nicely avoided the question.

So if Lever goes what do you think the Crows will do?

Do you have an opinion or is your level of discussion simply "that wont work" or posting uniformed troll posts bagging out players?

What legitimate options do you see the Crows taking if Lever moves?

Do you have an opinion or is your level of discussion simply "that wont work" or posting uniformed troll posts bagging out players?

Alex Keith for 1, Otten as the second option, could chase after Harrison Himmelberg as option 3. Is that enough for you?

Alex Keith for 1, Otten as the second option, could chase after Harrison Himmelberg as option 3. Is that enough for you?

Rookie listed ex cricketer Keath played 1 AFL game to date.o_O

Drafted by GWS as a forward Himmelberg has played 10 AFL games and is still with GWS.

At least Ottens has 95 games experience and a decent form line this season.

So that's one option (which is already at the club) that fits the need to slot straight into the side if needed and would be expected to hold his own.

Well we can move along then, looks like the Crows have got Level covered off nicely.

Rookie listed ex cricketer Keath played 1 AFL game to date.o_O

Drafted by GWS as a forward Himmelberg has played 10 AFL games and is still with GWS.

At least Ottens has 95 games experience and a decent form line this season.

So that's one option (which is already at the club) that fits the need to slot straight into the side if needed and would be expected to hold his own.

Well we can move along then, looks like the Crows have got Level covered off nicely.

We did alright against Geelong without himo_O

We did alright against Geelong without himo_O

"One Swallow doesn't make a summer".

Let's just let this debate slide and just see what happens later in the year.

My tip is if Level goes the Crows will look at bringing in some form of mature KP defensive depth either in a trade or as a free agent. The club is right in premiership mode and it is a squad of 30 quality players that will 1) win you enough games to get a top four spot and then after the grueling slog of the home and away season 2) leave you with enough fit players to finish the job in September.

If Lever goes to WB I'd hope crows would ask for SA kid Lewis Young in the deal.

I also believe Keath Hartigan Otten can fight it out for 2 spots. Also if Lever leaves crows would be placed to land 2 of Rockliff Gibbs and Hopper which improves the midfield to be one of the best. Win the ball in the middle and a player like Lever ain't as important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back