Recommitted Mitch McGovern

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit hard to tell his value at this stage of the season. But if he kicks 50+ this year his price will be quite high.

Would hate to lose him and would want decent compensation if he went home.

I think we'll just resign him, thanks.

Freo had multiple chances to draft him, as did WCE. You can't outspend us so don't see how he goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll just resign him, thanks.

Freo had multiple chances to draft him, as did WCE. You can't outspend us so don't see how he goes.
What? Freo may lose Nat Fyfe but if not the Dockers have a heap of cap space. Adelaide have a few more guys and better younger players who'll demand more.

It's a ******* joke Freo are looking at now pissing away pick four (which can get you an awesome midfielder) for him when he was on the table for years under the team's nose... the bloke's dad played for the Dockers!

Definitely not the solution for the Dockers. I think he needs much better support for him to flourish like he is at the Crows, and considering he'll likely cost a first rounder, it's not the best pick-up for them. They have that third tall in McCarthy, now it's time to hit the draft to pick up Brander/Hayes or someone like that and hope that Taberner can lift his game.

Would love him but would prefer to keep pick 1-5 and get a true kpf in the draft. If Fyfe leaves (imo i think he'll stay as it's best for brand Fyfe to be captain and a one club player), i would trade one of the picks we get for him for McGovern and then we have him, McCarthy and say a Brander or Hayes

id be disappointed to give up something close to a top 10 pick for him. Yes he is a gun and maybe worth a top 10 pick. But eagle currently need some one that can replace kennedy in a few years and i can't see mitch being that player. On exposed form he has played as the 3rd tall inthe best forwardline in the comp. Also at 190cm and 90kgs he wont be a power forward as well. I rather ustrade up for a top 10 pick and invest in a true KPF in a good draft for talls.

No chance the Crows do that.
Actually depending on how things pan out they may. Reason being is this.
If we finish top 4 we would have a pick around 17-20 after academies come into it. We have a father son in Jackson Edwards who people think should be late first, early second at this point. If he is selected before our first pick we have to use our first on him. If he is still there at our first pick we can use our first on someone else and use our second on Jackson. So up grading our pick to Freos would mean we would definitely get to use our second on Jackson and get a player like Darcy at that pick. Freo get McGovern and a first back in a deep draft. So for pick 4 they get a ready made quality young forward to play round 1, then get another young kid as well.

Bit hard to tell his value at this stage of the season. But if he kicks 50+ this year his price will be quite high.

Would hate to lose him and would want decent compensation if he went home.

He's not going to kick 50 goals this year. He's kicked what? 3 goals or more 3 times in his career?

He'd have to triple that in just this season. 40 goals more realistic imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back