Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said, no real need for drama here, Reid is a reasonable bloke and will come to the table.
Reid isn't all that reasonable. If the Cameron trade is anything to go by, he's much harder to deal with than our previous list manager. I have no doubt David Noble would have rolled over and taken pick 18 for Charlie.

Bicks and arsene wenger1

Please re-read bolded bits to understand the difference in situations.

If you still don't understand, I suggest that you re-read slower.
It's you that needs to be doing the re-read......Contract expires in 2020. If you still don't understand I suggest it's you that needs to be doing the re-read.

SOS set a precedent for a contracted Carlton player vs Reid.

Big task for Reid to extract Adelaide's desired value for McGovern.
Why is it a big task ? ..... it’s simple, this is what he’s worth .... you can’t buy an item if you don’t have the money

Oh, you think the Crows deserve to get the spoils of our shitness? What does it matter where the pick comes from, it's not like it has less value than any other draft pick. It's not tainted.
Do you realistically expect to get any priority pick .... because the mood I’m reading and hearing from the AFL is that another young kid won’t help for another 3 years

So the AFL has said .... it will look to provide more immediate solutions

An agreement wil be reached where both parties are a little unhappy
I doubt this. If Adelaide are unhappy they will simply block the trade.

Look at the Cameron trade as an example. He was contracted too and they were fully willing to block the trade until Brisbane came to the table in the 11th hour with pick 12.

Bicks and arsene wenger1

Please re-read bolded bits to understand the difference in situations.

If you still don't understand, I suggest that you re-read slower.
we know he wants out. you think that really matters in a trade negotiation when he's got a 2 year contract?

I got a fun fact for you. Every single player that has requested a trade in the history of the game has wanted out.

Do you realistically expect to get any priority pick .... because the mood I’m reading and hearing from the AFL is that another young kid won’t help for another 3 years

So the AFL has said .... it will look to provide more immediate solutions

No doubt the AFL will want to see us trade a PP for a mature player.

The interesting part is GC and Brisbane applying too. Brisbane got a PP at 19 two years ago but them applying again could force the AFL to give us less.

I'm 99% certain a PP is coming.

No doubt the AFL will want to see us trade a PP for a mature player.

The interesting part is GC and Brisbane applying too. Brisbane got a PP at 19 two years ago but them applying again could force the AFL to give us less.

I'm 99% certain a PP is coming.
I'm not .....I do agree the AFL don't want PP for young 18 yo's ......but i was hearing, access to State League Players exclusively, maybe 2 picks per club

Brisbane were in a worse situation & had their request rejected ......they're only putting their hand up now, to take the piss out on the AFL

Can you imagine the backroom arguments from power broker clubs; Collingwood, Richmond, Geelong if they got pushed down the Draft Order, so you and two other clubs could get a PP and, in your case Adelaide jumps in front of them in the Draft Order ..........chaos would errupt

I'm not .....I do agree the AFL don't want PP for young 18 yo's ......but i was hearing, access to State League Players exclusively, maybe 2 picks per club

Brisbane were in a worse situation & had their request rejected ......they're only putting their hand up now, to take the piss out on the AFL

Can you imagine the backroom arguments from power broker clubs; Collingwood, Richmond, Geelong if they got pushed down the Draft Order, so you and two other clubs could get a PP and, in your case Adelaide jumps in front of them in the Draft Order ..........chaos would errupt

Brisbane got a PP 2 years ago. They were rejected in 2015 as were we.

The vibe has changed since the state league player access was raised. It still may be part of it but the AFL are very concerned about clubs not being able to rise in this FA era.

Brisbane got a PP 2 years ago. They were rejected in 2015 as were we.

The vibe has changed since the state league player access was raised. It still may be part of it but the AFL are very concerned about clubs not being able to rise in this FA era.
Yes, we agree ......but IMO it'll be a separate Draft outside the National Draft, with exclusive access to State League players .....but even that suggestion has quite a few clubs, particularly Geelong up in arms

As I said ....the top 8 clubs, simply will not accept being dropped 5 places down the Draft Order .....yes 5 spots, so the premier would get #23

How? .....Lynch PP ....Syd (Blakely) ....and 3 PP to CARL, BRIS, GC ...........that simply will not be accepted & Brisbanes request was IMHO to highlight the farcical side of that

we know he wants out. you think that really matters in a trade negotiation when he's got a 2 year contract?

I got a fun fact for you. Every single player that has requested a trade in the history of the game has wanted out.

Bryce Gibbs

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...rom-adelaide-crows-looms-20170907-gycv6k.html

Bryce Gibbs has told Carlton he is happy and settled amid speculation the Adelaide Crows will again seek a trade.

Mitch McGovern

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...t/news-story/9d852135b7359d2627cac15d931f56a3

ADELAIDE forward Mitch McGovern may be keen to leave because he feels the club mishandled the hamstring injury that saw him miss last year’s Grand Final.

...the infamous pre-season camp is also believed to be a factor in McGovern’s desire to leave

Conclusion: Gibbs
was happy to stay. He had been treated well by the Blues. McGovern wants out. Pissed about the club lying to him about salary negotiations, pissed about his injury mismanagement, and like all Crows players, scarred by the bizarre camp.

ADDITIONALLY: Not only have you been destroyed on point 1, you still haven't addressed the difference that we were low on mids, and you have too many tall forwards. The club is motivated to trade this unhappy soldier.

In any case, I don't actually want McGovern, just explaining to you why you are wrong.

Bryce Gibbs

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...rom-adelaide-crows-looms-20170907-gycv6k.html

Bryce Gibbs has told Carlton he is happy and settled amid speculation the Adelaide Crows will again seek a trade.

Mitch McGovern

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...t/news-story/9d852135b7359d2627cac15d931f56a3

ADELAIDE forward Mitch McGovern may be keen to leave because he feels the club mishandled the hamstring injury that saw him miss last year’s Grand Final.

...the infamous pre-season camp is also believed to be a factor in McGovern’s desire to leave

was happy to stay. He had been treated well by the Blues. McGovern wants out. Pissed about the club lying to him about salary negotiations, pissed about his injury mismanagement, and like all Crows players, scarred by the bizarre camp.

ADDITIONALLY: Not only have you been destroyed on point 1, you still haven't addressed the difference that we were low on mids, and you have too many tall forwards. The club is motivated to trade this unhappy soldier.

In any case, I don't actually want McGovern, just explaining to you why you are wrong.
I did address that irrelavent point actually on a previous post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGovern - I want out.. I choose Carlton.. not happy with the "fit" and the camp sucked..
AFC - OK we agree, you don't fit.. you can go as long as we get the right price for us... or you stay..
McGovern - not staying under any any circumstance, but will allow you to shop me to other clubs also.. deal?
AFC - deal..

McGovern - I want out.. I choose Carlton.. not happy with the "fit" and the camp sucked..
AFC - OK we agree, you don't fit.. you can go as long as we get the right price for us... or you stay..
McGovern - not staying under any any circumstance, but will allow you to shop me to other clubs also.. deal?
AFC - deal..
Juddernaut seems to think it matters if a player really wants to leave compared to if a player really really wants to leave. Theres an extra really in there which means we must bend over for SOS

Yes, we agree ......but IMO it'll be a separate Draft outside the National Draft, with exclusive access to State League players .....but even that suggestion has quite a few clubs, particularly Geelong up in arms

As I said ....the top 8 clubs, simply will not accept being dropped 5 places down the Draft Order .....yes 5 spots, so the premier would get #23

How? .....Lynch PP ....Syd (Blakely) ....and 3 PP to CARL, BRIS, GC ...........that simply will not be accepted & Brisbanes request was IMHO to highlight the farcical side of that

The top 8 clubs don't get a vote. The PP system is there at the discretion of the AFL.

Juddernaut seems to think it matters if a player really wants to leave compared to if a player really really wants to leave. There's an extra really in there which means we must bend over for SOS

He's allowed to want to leave.. but it really really doesn't matter whether he really wants to or really really wants to... really...
fact is there are four clubs vying for him now... it really really really doesn't matter what Juddernaut thinks... or me tbh ;-)

Bryce Gibbs

Mitch McGovern

You didn't destroy anybodies argument. You are just repeating the same old crap about Gov being disgruntled which has zero bearing over his trade value.

You also seem to be suggesting that Adelaide wants to offload McGovern which is false. The club has always said that Gov is a required player that they would prefer to keep. Your comment about having too many tall forwards is completely ridiculous. Players like Gov don't just grow on trees. It's really hard to find players with Gov's skillset.

Last edited:
You didn't destroy anybodies argument. You are just repeating the same old crap about Gov being disgruntled which has zero bearing over his trade value.

You also seem to be suggesting that Adelaide wants to offload McGovern which is false. The club has always said that Gov is a required player that they would prefer to keep. Your comment about having too many tall forwards is completely ridiculous. Players like Gov don't just grow on trees. It's really hard to find players with Gov's skillset.
The fact that carlton are desperate for experienced mids and we've got plenty of forward depth is absolutely pointless in a trade negotiation. Not even sure why he'd bring that up. He's required just like Gibbs was, that's all that matters

Juddernaut seems to think it matters if a player really wants to leave compared to if a player really really wants to leave. Theres an extra really in there which means we must bend over for SOS
I don't even want him, and I hope SOS doesn't go for him.

Just explaining to you why the "he's contracted" line is not the be all and end all. There are many factors that go into it.

I'd happily hand over pick 1 in a McGovern trade as long as we get a pick back that's good enough to grab Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back