Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd happily hand over pick 1 in a McGovern trade as long as we get a pick back that's good enough to grab Bailey Smith
Yep, i agree .....if you slid to #2, you'd still get your man ....not sure that man is Bailey Smith, although I absolutely love the way he plays

So you need to get GC involved

Correct ....but the powerful clubs will not be ignored by the AFL ......hell Clarko has personal 1:1 meetings with Gill & obtains change

If those clubs were down the bottom, does their influence then get them a PP after they argued for other clubs not to get it?

I'm not buying into it, not after a 2 win 59% season.

I don't even want him, and I hope SOS doesn't go for him.

Just explaining to you why the "he's contracted" line is not the be all and end all. There are many factors that go into it.
I get what your saying, but I bet you were saying the opposite last year.

AFC supporters were doing similar to carlton supporters last year, we used the "he's given 10 years of service and wants to come home for family reason" "he's 28 turning 29" " he's not part of your next premiership" we said it all

So in a way I don't blame your supporters for doing the same but in the end none of it mattered because of the contract.

How about binding someone naked to a tree while abusing them verbally for hours, or having a go at how someone deals with the death of their brother, or being racially abusive and insensitive to indigenous players.....allegedly....

But sure, made up rules.....
And you have former assistant coaches who were actually there laugh at some of the accusations made...but you can run with it if it helps your argument. don't let facts get in the way

I get what your saying, but I bet you were saying the opposite last year.

AFC supporters were doing similar to carlton supporters last year, we used the "he's given 10 years of service and wants to come home for family reason" "he's 28 turning 29" " he's not part of your next premiership" we said it all

So in a way I don't blame your supporters for doing the same but in the end none of it mattered because of the contract.
The "he's 28 turning 29" is definitely relevant. If he was say 24/25, you would have paid much more, probably 3 first round picks. Gibbs is a gun.

The "family reasons" thing might be relevant had Gibbs not also said he'd prefer to go to Adelaide, but he's also very happy to stay on at Carlton.

My main point is that if MM is forced to back to the Crows, it's going to be quite an awkward locker room - he doesn't want to be there.

It wouldn't have been the same for Gibbs this year - he would still be happy.

The "he's 28 turning 29" is definitely relevant. If he was say 24/25, you would have paid much more, probably 3 first round picks. Gibbs is a gun.

The "family reasons" thing might be relevant had Gibbs not also said he'd prefer to go to Adelaide, but he's also very happy to stay on at Carlton.

My main point is that if MM is forced to back to the Crows, it's going to be quite an awkward locker room - he doesn't want to be there.

I don't think it will be awkward in the locker room as he loves the playing group and even attended the BnF after requesting a trade. As for 3 first rounders for Gibbs? No player has even gone for 3 first rounders in living memory, would never have been 3 firsts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If those clubs were down the bottom, does their influence then get them a PP after they argued for other clubs not to get it?

I'm not buying into it, not after a 2 win 59% season.
Ok ....but most of your fellow Carlton Posters, argue that your list is developing nicely & you're list is better than the saints and Freo

Going on results purely is wrong, and I think you know that .....you chose to release Gibbs, you chose to the youth road .....but Docherty & Kruezer were untimely injuries, when you have such a young list

So you think the Crows should accept unders because they will want to avoid awkwardness in the locker room? :$

I think more realistically the Crows would call that bluff. If a suitable trade can't be done, the ball is in Mitch's court. He can throw a tantrum like McCarthy or be a professional and play a good season like Gibbs. Carlton then get to have a second go at it next year and will probably get him cheaper.

Also quit with the bold text already. We have functioning eyes and brains and can read your poorly informed argument just fine.

So you think the Crows should accept unders because they will want to avoid awkwardness in the locker room? :$

I think more realistically the Crows would call that bluff. If a suitable trade can't be done, the ball is in Mitch's court. He can throw a tantrum like McCarthy or be a professional and play a good season like Gibbs. Carlton then get to have a second go at it next year and will probably get him cheaper.

Also quit with the bold text already. We have functioning eyes and brains and can read your poorly informed argument just fine.
OK MATE!

That may have been the situation in the past, and it maybe on this deal .....but everyone is saying the AFL will introduce at some stage, the ability of clubs to trade in-contract players, to whichever club gives the best deal

Will the players want to get traded to a club they despise ....probably not, but this will one-day be the new AFL ......so players will have to get used to it & trading McGovern to a club offering the Crows the best deal ......is exactly the same scenario, and it's a matter of which club does it first

Carlton future 2nd? Prob be pick 19 which is spot on.
You don't realise obviously, the Crows want Draft picks this year .....and #19 in 2019 is simply giving what you are able to cobble together, not a reflection of the players worth

It's clear after today, when Young couldn't nominate Carlton .....a deal is not close at all

You don't realise obviously, the Crows want Draft picks this year .....and #19 in 2019 is simply giving what you are able to cobble together, not a reflection of the players worth

It's clear after today, when Young couldn't nominate Carlton .....a deal is not close at all

I didn’t realise you were in the inner sanctum of the club.

Something will get done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back