News Mitch Robinson - broken foot

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just thinking the same thing...the talent and experience in that one photo, and we have lost it for a majority of the season..

Those footy gods really hate us.

The annoying part at the moment isn't our number of injuries, which is still pretty reasonable, but that its all our most experienced players (not even old players). If we assume Witherden will come back into the NEAFL this weekend, then 3 (Christensen, Robinson, Beams) of our 5 injuries (the other two being Skinner and McStay) come from our 8 most experienced players.

Mitch was due to be our second (after Rich) 150-game player this weekend. Hopefully he gets the chance later this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know injuries are par for the course but f**k me.

A mate of mine commented in 2001 after we beat the Bombers that injuries play a bigger role in a premiership team than people give credit for. I thought he was a fool. I don't anymore.
I am always amazed when the pundits say injuries are not an excuse, of course they are, or maybe we should put it this way- injuries are a major reason for non performance of a team.

Usually the team that goes into the finals in the healthiest state has a greater chance of saluting on the big day.

Unfortunately this means bell might take his place. If robbo can just leave his aggression in a bag and give it to bell we may really not miss robbo as much. But alas bell is as soft as butter.

Unfortunately this means bell might take his place. If robbo can just leave his aggression in a bag and give it to bell we may really not miss robbo as much. But alas bell is as soft as butter.
upload_2017-5-9_14-45-11.jpeg

images

If there was a certain font we could use for our joke posts to be more recognizable for the mentally slower members we would use it. Sorry Champ.
Either that or there's those of us who are funny and then those of us who think they're funny. Keep working on it.

Get's worse.Would have been Robbo's 150th game this week and on top of that back to his home in Tassie. Guarantee he would have put on a show.

Last edited:
He must be shattered.
One can only imagine what a footballers body must be like as they age.
They must suffer so much pain with all the injuries they suffered when they played .
I wish Mitch well and hope he doesn't come back before he is ready .

Reading these posts is an amazing recognition of how much respect Mitch Robinson has earned on this Board...he came to us as a highly problematic recruit - deservedly so and in many ways on his last chance. Wow - what a turnaround. Full credit to Mitch!

Reading these posts is an amazing recognition of how much respect Mitch Robinson has earned on this Board...he came to us as a highly problematic recruit - deservedly so and in many ways on his last chance. Wow - what a turnaround. Full credit to Mitch!

Never in a million years did I think I would be happy to have him as a Lion.......but he bashed and crashed his way into my affections before I knew what hit me!

I think it was the same for a lot of Lions fans.

..but we will be still here waiting to help Mitch celebrate his 150th when he returns.

Heal that foot well and soon Mitch, we miss you.

Yup hands up as one who just couldn't see a positive side to the deal. God how wrong I was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back