Mitch Starc -- 300

Remove this Banner Ad

Going at better than 4 a test. If he gets to 100, he should be a 400 wicket bowler and takes his place in the elite tier for career records. Pretty handy lower order bat as well, would love to see him ton up before he finishes.

Going at better than 4 a test. If he gets to 100, he should be a 400 wicket bowler and takes his place in the elite tier for career records. Pretty handy lower order bat as well, would love to see him ton up before he finishes.

IMHO, his batting has declined a bit in recent years. A shame, because he's shown he's capable of scoring a hundred... but I don't think he ever will now.

IMHO, his batting has declined a bit in recent years. A shame, because he's shown he's capable of scoring a hundred... but I don't think he ever will now.

Test HS of 99, would love him to go one better...

He has been fairly durable as well, while Hazlewood and Cummins have both missed tests through injury, I can't remember Starc missing many over the last half dozen years.

Could possibly jump ahead of Lee (310) and Johnson (313) into the top five Australian wicket takers by the end of this series.

FTB. Averages 26 at home and over 30 in India, England, RSA. 72 wickets against weak nations helps.
Home and away averages are actually pretty similar. And 50 wickets at 29 in Asia is a decent return for an Australian fast bowler.

1000001497.png

Really happy for him, on his day he is one of the most devastating strike bowlers in the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah great effort by starc to notch up 300.

he is 33 next month and father time can catch up pretty quick, even though he's playing well now.

400 may be a stretch but wouldn't put it past him as we have 19 tests in the next 15 months. will be interesting if he is first choice come the england tour again, especially with emergence of jhye, boland and neser.

mcgrath is our only quick to play 100+ tests.

the others seem to get in the 65-80 range (lee, johnson, mcdermott, gillespie, siddle, lillee) although lillee played another 18 unofficial tests.
hazlewood and cummins could be others that who only play about 80 tests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back