Recommitted Mitch Wallis [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Perfect for anyone who wants a deep forward / defensive forward.
Sounds like Caddy for us, in between player. Not good enough in the midfield, not fast enough to be a true mid size fwd.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Sounds like Caddy for us, in between player. Not good enough in the midfield, not fast enough to be a true mid size fwd.
I think the club mainly want to keep him around given he is the vice captain and is terrific person, leader & hard worker.

I fail to see how he gets back into our best 22 unless we see an injury crisis. Mitch may be happy being a loyal servant to the club he loves and will continue to try and break into the team over the next couple of years whilst we are hopefully contending.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think the club mainly want to keep him around given he is the vice captain and is terrific person, leader & hard worker.

I fail to see how he gets back into our best 22 unless we see an injury crisis. Mitch may be happy being a loyal servant to the club he loves and will continue to try and break into the team over the next couple of years whilst we are hopefully contending.
Wonder what he earns? Or what he’ll stay for.

He wasn’t exactly banging the door in the vfl when he returned to the mid.

I didn't mind some of his VFL form. A few games towards the end of the season there he'd start forward, then get shifted into the mids when our boys were getting smashed in the centre (and easily smashed on the scoreboard. Casey game, in particular). Pivotal in turning those scorelines around.

Could still play the role at AFL level if asked, but for sure wouldn't excel.

Anyway, seems he's staying, which is great for our club, not so sure it's great for poor Mitch. Deserves to be playing seniors, but like others I just can't see where he gets back in.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I didn't mind some of his VFL form. A few games towards the end of the season there he'd start forward, then get shifted into the mids when our boys were getting smashed in the centre (and easily smashed on the scoreboard. Casey game, in particular). Pivotal in turning those scorelines around.

Could still play the role at AFL level if asked, but for sure wouldn't excel.

Anyway, seems he's staying, which is great for our club, not so sure it's great for poor Mitch. Deserves to be playing seniors, but like others I just can't see where he gets back in.

With Bruce out, I reckon Wallis is actually competing with JUH and Schache for a third tall spot. It’s where he played best in 2020.

With Bruce out, I reckon Wallis is actually competing with JUH and Schache for a third tall spot. It’s where he played best in 2020.

Guess that also VERY MUCH depends on what we decide to do with the ruck situation, if we play English as main ruck with no Sweet or Martin, then Schache probably has to play for the fwd / ruck position? Do we then go with a 2nd year JUH or an experienced Wallis?

So many questions....

I'm afraid none of the potential answers overly thrill me either.

God damn I loved your endeavour Brucey, but that game was well out of reach by then mate, you didn't need to try and make that last tackle... :'( :'( :'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetafl

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Astros Detroit Red Wings KC Chiefs
I just can't imagine Mitch in colours other than red, white and blue. A player any club would love to have. Good luck Mitch going forward.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back