Mitch Wallis

Remove this Banner Ad

He is now easily the first choice for HFF or FP, close to first picked forward. Love the sharp shooting, that is what it is all about as a forward.

Has been fantastic this year - always knew he could play, was never sure where his best position was though. Happy that it’s been sorted. Great work Wally. Will always remember the flight back from the Prelim with him and his dad - made a great day even greater!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I recall correctly, the club was happy for him to leave a few years ago, he was offered more to go to GCS but stayed on the reduced contract the Dogs had on the table. I hope he is looked on (and recompensed) more favourably now. Here are his stats since 2018. At pretty much 18 disposals and 1.2 goal a game, 3 tackles, he's been doing well as a permanent forward. I understand a lot of his marks are inside the 50m arc, where they are much harder to take, of course.

YearTeamGMKHDMGBT
2020Bulldogs1361641253420828
2019Bulldogs1099119218368527
2018Bulldogs181432413845920371
avg:13.77.410.317.73.11.20.43.1

If i am being honest i thought Mitch Wallis being our leading goal kicker made me feel a little ill mainly because of his appallingly
low volumes, but maybe he is a reflection of our midfield ball movement and his ability to find space or win a clutch one on one
contest makes him Mitch on the spot at the moment. If not for bogus blood rules and an inaccurate game last week he would
quite rightfully be in Coleman Contention. If it was not for the pussy curly hair i would give you the captaincy, but every time i
see you "The good ship lollypop" is playing in the back ground.

Yes, shame he did not play in the flag like our other father/sons Libba and Hunter. Really thinks father/sons add character to the club. Mitch is a good mark like his dad was for his size. It takes a special person to change his role because of lack of speed and develop another talent. Just about second picked after the Bont this season. Think he would have about 5 more goals except for the blood and advantage rules.

I was all for moving him on a few years ago but boy he has made me eat my words.

He has adapted to the mid sized forward role so well. He is such a good replacement for dickson.
I think it is more than adapting, he has embraced the position and decided to make it his own.

If i am being honest i thought Mitch Wallis being our leading goal kicker made me feel a little ill mainly because of his appallingly
low volumes, but maybe he is a reflection of our midfield ball movement and his ability to find space or win a clutch one on one
contest makes him Mitch on the spot at the moment. If not for bogus blood rules and an inaccurate game last week he would
quite rightfully be in Coleman Contention. If it was not for the pussy curly hair i would give you the captaincy, but every time i
see you "The good ship lollypop" is playing in the back ground.

We've had a couple of very good Captains with blonde curly hair:

1598082614291.png

1598082669416.png

His 1 on 1 game is elite. Rarely gets beaten. If the ball comes to ground he's an absolute dog and applies immense pressure.

What a season he is having. Who would have thought he'd be such a great forward.

Hope McLean follows in his footsteps.

Yes, shame he did not play in the flag like our other father/sons Libba and Hunter. Really thinks father/sons add character to the club. Mitch is a good mark like his dad was for his size. It takes a special person to change his role because of lack of speed and develop another talent. Just about second picked after the Bont this season. Think he would have about 5 more goals except for the blood and advantage rules.

Don't forget Cordy OD.

When he and Libba were drafted there were plenty of media write-ups about them - both F/Sons, same draft year, same school, same TAC club, mates all through their teens etc, but it was mostly about Wallis being the better prospect. Not just midfield form but leadership potential etc.

Then in their early years at the Dogs it swung the other way. Wallis didn't make as big an impact as Libba who quickly won a B&F and then a premiership medallion while the injured Wallis looked on in envy. So often it was either one or the other in the side and in typical BF fashion a few people joined some random dots and said that Wallis and Libba couldn't both excel in the same selected 22.

Then Libba went missing with injuries and loss of focus. Meanwhile after examining himself, his prospects and his allegiances Wallis came to terms with being a very solid B grader at his beloved club (with maybe just a smidgin' of a chance at still becoming the A grader we all thought he'd be). He reinvented himself as a medium forward. It's now come to the point where he's being whispered about as an outside chance of an AA blazer.

So it has come full circle. Both are fit and firing. And hey, what do you know? They can both play good footy in the same side. Now it's hard to say who is the more valuable but both would easily be in our top 10. Thank Dog we don't have to choose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back