Certified Legendary Thread Mitch watch - get that boy a contract - UPDATE: 2 year contract secured!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch just loves playing footy - will do absolutely everything he can to stay on the park as long as possible. And we reap the rewards and get to be entertained by a unique player.

Loved his reaction to the McCarthy grab - it was what we were all feeling articulated perfectly.

I loved his reaction when he was elbowed by Lycett? You would think he'd been hit by Mike Tyson the way he went down. Highly entertaining and a bonus free kick

Absolutely invaluable to a young group of players like ours.

Puts his body on the line and has a toughness about him that sets the example for the rest of the group.

Also has a bit of mongrel about him that you can't teach but you need to stand up for yourself and the rest of the team which he does to a tee. No one is going to have an unfair crack at our youngsters knowing that Mitch Robinson's out on the park for us. (What Jeremy Cameron did to Harris Andrews still makes my blood boil and wish Mitch was out on the park for us that day)

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-18/listen-star-lion-on-adhd-diagnosis-and-shock-carlton-axing

Mitch re ADHD diagnosis.

There are many people and parents who don't want labels attached but in my family labels have been a positive thing. And seems like it's helped Mitch negotiate a way to his current best form/life.

You get what you get when you are born - body and brain. For me life is about finding out what you got, and finding the best way to use it. Labels can be comforting as they make you realise you are normal and there are lots of others out there that see and experience the world the way you do. And others can learn and understand you better. Win win.

I’ve finally listened to the entire Mitch podcast - I do not know how he isn’t already in a multi year contract. His work with the young players who treat his house as a stop, play and go centre. Even his son chance is adding an ‘at home’ feel good element at his house and at training.

His contribution toward getting Charlie, the life advice he can clearly articulate to the young players and his devotion to our club. And he is clearly too 22 - like he says the coaches know and use his ability to play multiple roles.

If he ends being left behind the ones and leading the twos in the future I’m sure he will relish the opportunity and do a bloody good job. There is no ego over riding his loyalty to the club.

Cmon lions - get it done aready.

He’ll get a contract till he spends a year in and out of the 1s. Who knows how much he’s saving the boys on haircuts alone. If you listened to Purple’s podcast he’s well respected and his house is a home away from home for many of the boys. 1 year contract coming up I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are soooo wrong about this one

Look he was pretty good today against one of the worst teams in the comp but surely most would admit that he's not as consistent as you'd want from an almost 200 gamer.

He isn't going to get a new contract until late in the season if not after. The only reason they gave him a 1 year contract instead of multiple like Robbo wanted was because they felt that he played better with the pressure of the last year of his contract. I don't think they are going to get rid of that pressure just beause he has played some good games, would defeat the purpose of giving him only the 1 year. Give him a contract at the end of they year, it doesn't matter when he gets it as long as he stiill plays next season.

We're huge Mitch Robinson fans in our house. I accept it's highly likely he will only ever be offered one year contracts by The Lions. The end of the home & away season would be a good time to announce it; as we enter The Finals 😵 The bloke is a family fan & plays like a maniac for the club, risking his health a fair bit more than most. The Club ought know by then if they are going to keep him. What a boost for fans and players!
As a member, I wouldn't feel comfortable either if he was being underpaid, like for example Former Fitzroy Best & Fairest Winner & multiple Premiership Legend, Martin Pike.

edit: maybe Rich & some of the others can take a haircut on their salaries next year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back