Certified Legendary Thread Mitch watch - get that boy a contract - UPDATE: 2 year contract secured!

Remove this Banner Ad

We're huge Mitch Robinson fans in our house. I accept it's highly likely he will only ever be offered one year contracts by The Lions. The end of the home & away season would be a good time to announce it; as we enter The Finals šŸ˜µ The bloke is a family fan & plays like a maniac for the club, risking his health a fair bit more than most. The Club ought know by then if they are going to keep him. What a boost for fans and players!
As a member, I wouldn't feel comfortable either if he was being underpaid, like for example Former Fitzroy Best & Fairest Winner & multiple Premiership Legend, Martin Pike.

edit: maybe Rich & some of the others can take a haircut on their salaries next year.
I think they would know if they want to keep him even early in the season. I am just assuming they aren't giving him a contract because they want to keep him on the edge because they know he plays at his best fighting rather than be complacent because he knows he has another season. Seems to be working l reckon

I think they would know if they want to keep him even early in the season. I am just assuming they aren't giving him a contract because they want to keep him on the edge because they know he plays at his best fighting rather than be complacent because he knows he has another season. Seems to be working l reckon

Yeah letā€™s treat him like a five year old. He stuffed up once so * him, he can just dangle at the end of our string.

Well that is what is happening and its working. Why change it. He is still getting employed, don't think he will **** us over beause we gave him a chance when others wouldn't.

My response was a bit harsh, sorry about that.

I see getting a contract sorted as respect by the club for what he brings, and disrespectful to let him hang. And as a fan I want the club to respect him-again my version of respect which is future commitment to him.

He probably/hopefully doesnā€™t give a rats.

I hope we offer him a two year extension. Would be shattered if he left because another club offered him the security of two years and we only offered him one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked how Patty gave a little plug for Uncaged tomorrow at 1pm before the game on channel 70.šŸ‘
Yeh Patty goes alright for us.
We are getting some good air time from the media, been building from last year.
Makes it easy for them when we are going well, good positive stories coming out, kind of understand that.
Now that other Brisbane team at Suncorp , that's a disaster story.
Touch wood.

In Fagan's pregame interview he was asked about Mitch. I think Mitch is starting to get league wide momentum behind him - commentators are talking about him, there was an Afl live article. He is becoming a highly respected player across the league. Not because of skills and calm cool demeanour but because what he brings, intensity, heart, and to die for loyalty, is something not many others can.

Today he was again in the top handful for the lions, a spot he has cemented this year.

The lack of even a club statement that they are working toward locking in a contract is starting to look churlish.

In Fagan's pregame interview he was asked about Mitch. I think Mitch is starting to get league wide momentum behind him - commentators are talking about him, there was an Afl live article. He is becoming a highly respected player across the league. Not because of skills and calm cool demeanour but because what he brings, intensity, heart, and to die for loyalty, is something not many others can.

Today he was again in the top handful for the lions, a spot he has cemented this year.

The lack of even a club statement that they are working toward locking in a contract is starting to look churlish.

I don't think we've ever made a club statement about contract negotiations in the last few years - maybe if interviewed on the Roar Deal David Noble might say something. Its no snub on Robbo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back