Certified Legendary Thread Mitch watch - get that boy a contract - UPDATE: 2 year contract secured!

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone confirm having seen Gadzorks and Emma McNeil in the same room before? I think its probably her account. Or maybe Chance is a highly intelligent kid posting as that alias? :p

Robinson has definitely proven himself. I was a doubter after the back end of 2018 where he seamed to slip a lot and fumble. Robinson has definitely elevated his game. Im sure the Lions will find him a contract at the end of the year. However, I wouldn't begrudge Mitch if he gets offered a substantial or longer contract elsewhere (aka the Suns, Carlton etc). We are at the phase of our development where locking in younger players on long term contracts is key. We shouldnt jeapordise our longer term goals. Hopefully Mitch gets to the 100 Lions game mark by the end of next year.

Should get a contract but I can still see him losing his spot in the best 22 next season if not this one. If Bundy and Basti are moved on he could still be very handy in the 2s.

Can anyone confirm having seen Gadzorks and Emma McNeil in the same room before? I think its probably her account. Or maybe Chance is a highly intelligent kid posting as that alias? :p

Robinson has definitely proven himself. I was a doubter after the back end of 2018 where he seamed to slip a lot and fumble. Robinson has definitely elevated his game. Im sure the Lions will find him a contract at the end of the year. However, I wouldn't begrudge Mitch if he gets offered a substantial or longer contract elsewhere (aka the Suns, Carlton etc). We are at the phase of our development where locking in younger players on long term contracts is key. We shouldnt jeapordise our longer term goals. Hopefully Mitch gets to the 100 Lions game mark by the end of next year.

The joys of anonymous posting - you’ll never know ;)

Should get a contract but I can still see him losing his spot in the best 22 next season if not this one. If Bundy and Basti are moved on he could still be very handy in the 2s.

Absolutely can see the game passing him at some stage, maybe next year, maybe not. Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Kennedy, Jones, Boak ... they’re going ok.

I can also see Mitch being the general of the twos; a hodge role teaching the young players the game plan. Some couldn’t cope with the apparent demotion but after the carlton sacking I think that he can. Being flattened and flayed publicly actually leaves you free of those kind of ego issues.

Probably wait till the end of the year? If he keeps playing like this he’ll earn more.

Yeah but if he gets an injury he's out with no rehab or pay check while he recovers.

Personally I want to watch him next year's grand final. As a lion.

Wats the problem? Gonna be 30 at seasons end which is when you would do 1 year contracts. If he doesn't get a contract then you can get angry but no reason to now.

My problem is I'm a one eyed, over the top Mitch fan ...... wait. This is AFL. One eyed, over the top is base level - no problem here :)

My problem is I'm a one eyed, over the top Mitch fan ...... wait. This is AFL. One eyed, over the top is base level - no problem here :)

What if we give him one year but on more $$$? The dilemma!

Obvious compromise here is a 1 year deal with a performance trigger for 2 years.

Love robbo but I can understand not wanting to offer him a multi-year extension given his age and playing style (aggressive and possibly subject to a lot of wear and tear).

I won't be sad if he gets a nice outright 2 year extension though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has been a good soldier, but I think this might be the last year.

Had some absolutely outstanding games, and some terrible ones this year. Needs to be more consistent but hardly the lone ranger with that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back