Certified Legendary Thread Mitch watch - get that boy a contract - UPDATE: 2 year contract secured!

The list management committee couldn’t look past this thread. Well done Gadzorks

It's made my day. Love the fact that I can enjoy watching Mitch going about in his own way for the next two years.

Congrats Mitch this is a well deserved opportunity that you will smash.

Awesome work Gadzorks - I reckon Robbo owes you a shout out on Rip Through It ;)

Haha I think this thread and all it's contributors deserve that shout out. Would make me smile.

Last edited:

carnaroys08

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
Fantastic stuff. Just read on the Lions website the good news about the new 2 year contract for Mitch. First thing that came to mind was to jump on here to read Gadzorks reaction. It's not up yet :(

edit: The Man of the Hour is in the house. Well done Gadzorks & a big thank you for your tireless campaigning.

Fantastic stuff. Just read on the Lions website the good news about the new 2 year contract for Mitch. First thing that came to mind was to jump on here to read Gadzorks reaction. It's not up yet :(

I missed it - just saw it now. So happy for the guy. Was heading for a rough life and dragged himself up to a pretty damn fine one through sheer strength of character. And now with rip through it he is showing the wider AFL community that he deserves to be considered a champion of the game.

Hope there are kids out there that can see his life as an example of moving on from the mistakes of youthful stupidity.

Tassie4ever

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
An associate met Mitch at a Sherwood FC thing and, knowing zip about the Lions, said he was the most pleasant character, esp with kids.

Better still, a Tassie product from a club (Lauderdale) well known for high standards.

The thing is, not too long ago he was often one-out doing the hard yards. Now, he is but one among many.

We could do much worse than provide him with an after- AFL playing career. From so called last chance saloon to a role model.

Gr8 news. The best.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

An associate met Mitch at a Sherwood FC thing and, knowing zip about the Lions, said he was the most pleasant character, esp with kids.

Better still, a Tassie product from a club (Lauderdale) well known for high standards.

The thing is, not too long ago he was often one-out doing the hard yards. Now, he is but one among many.

We could do much worse than provide him with an after- AFL playing career. From so called last chance saloon to a role model.

Gr8 news. The best.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
A colleague said same after Robbo attended his son's footy clinic down here. Absolute pleasure to meet and fantastic with the kids.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
there's a lightness in my step right now! absolutely awesome news. Not just happy for Mitch but the rest of the boys too, he adds so much to the Lions as a whole.

this moment (from 1:03 onwards) is my all-time favourite moment from him.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Awesome news! A true enforcer and harder than a cats head. The ultimate team player is Mitch. An absolute warrior that puts his body on the line every minute of every game. He is a bloke that you would just love playing with and hate playing against. He is also a great character and I would imagine he would light up the change rooms. Hopefully you can eventually retire with a premiership medal around your neck Robbo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Again, awesome news. Rapt for him. An investment that will be repaid handsomely.

Normally I listen to Mitch’s podcast as soon as it comes out but I was out of action today and planned to listen tomorrow. What a week to miss.

CoZi36

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Roar, Bolton Wanderers
Fantastic to read of this news after work, well done to Mitch. Keep up your amazing work, on and off the field.

2EEFF1DC-30D9-451D-A3E0-72A07D2BB73A.png

Back