Mitch watch - get that boy a contract

Tom14

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What position is he playing?
No clue today. Seemed to be on the opposite wing from Walsh which made no sense to me. If you don't want him inside put him on their second best mid and see if he can contain him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
One poor effort by Mitch and people have him out the door as they do Cutler.

But many others and I don't even need to name them have bad game after bad game and people roll out that they should be given more chances or given contract extensions. If only half of those players bled for the club as much as Mitch.:rolleyes:

Gadzorks

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This week and last seems really quiet. In a post game interview a few games ago he said he didn’t go to the coaches debrief as he’d hurt his back and was in with the physios. Carrying a niggle maybe?? That mark last week could have triggered it again.

Cmon Mitch - come back after the bye as your normal wrecking ball self.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I reckon Mitch is playing hurt...
I love what good Mitch brings to the team but his undisciplined acts have cost us multiple goals this season and he really needs to eliminate this from his game - he is too experienced for that type of negative impact on the team.

Tom14

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Whether he is playing hurt or not he could absolutely stop giving away silly off the ball free kicks. He's done it every week the last month and it has cost us goals.

He went through large stretches of games without doing it the last 3 years so its not like it is an ingrained habit.

briztoon

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I might be reading too much in to Mitch’s tweet today, but he might have agreed to a new contract and plans to announce it next week.

martinson

All Australian
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This thread is silly . He's been in our top 6 or 7 players all year.

Kicked a few miracle goals when we needed them as well.

What do people expect ,just keep nearly killing yourself every week ,every game . He's had a bit of a niggle .

Some players just seem to draw heat completely irrelevant to their performance.

I love Mitch and what he brings. The Cutler haters can take a running jump as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
I might be reading too much in to Mitch’s tweet today, but he might have agreed to a new contract and plans to announce it next week.
Why not post the tweet to provide some context for those that haven't seen it?

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
True fans read Mitch's tweets
Yep, its pretty hard posting articles etc and making life easier for those on here when you're time poor, a few of us actually appreciate it.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom