Certified Legendary Thread Mitch watch - get that boy a contract - UPDATE: 2 year contract secured!

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I never realised the hack kicks and so forth until others here raised it as a problem. But I’ve always said I would have moved to have played with him, the guy brings so much more and think there is at least two more years body wise. If it’s one year contracts so be it but at least pay the man. Well done Mitch!

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Has definitely earned a new contract. With his age and his position in the squad it should only be for one year.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He isn't going to get a new contract until late in the season if not after. The only reason they gave him a 1 year contract instead of multiple like Robbo wanted was because they felt that he played better with the pressure of the last year of his contract. I don't think they are going to get rid of that pressure just beause he has played some good games, would defeat the purpose of giving him only the 1 year. Give him a contract at the end of they year, it doesn't matter when he gets it as long as he stiill plays next season.

Mitch just loves playing footy - will do absolutely everything he can to stay on the park as long as possible. And we reap the rewards and get to be entertained by a unique player.

Loved his reaction to the McCarthy grab - it was what we were all feeling articulated perfectly.

"Mitch Robinson was instrumental in the final-quarter surge after being shifted on to the ball – a move Fagan credited to strategy coach Danny Daly. "

I get that one year might be considered as a carrot for performance but surely Mitch has shown that he bleeds for this club. The only thing that will stop him during a game is injury, and even then I think he would drag himself around and still have impact.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
CB803DF7-94F2-48BB-8D1E-3129B9E7F87F.jpeg

Back