Mitchell & Cotchin Brownlow Medals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to over-dramatise it, but that will be as hard a decision as anyone on the commission has had to make, I'm sure of it.

What's hard about it?

"Should a guy who has been banned for taking performance enhancing drugs be allowed to to keep a "Fairest and Best" award?"

a) Of course not, he's been found guilty of taking PED's.
b) ......., well, there really isn't a second option.

Essendon+Bombers+Training+Session+uoAkFebqhusx.jpg
Jobe Watson in Sepember 2009. This Makes him 24 going onto 25. This is what he looked like even after 6 or 7 preseasons.

A few more preseasons with assistance and he looks like this:

watson-tri-620.jpg

Nothing to see here IMHO……..

this is the dumbest s**t ever.

You can get that big Easily in a year. Watson was always bulky. A simple change in diet would see him rip up considerably.

What's hard about it?

"Should a guy who has been banned for taking performance enhancing drugs be allowed to to keep a "Fairest and Best" award?"

a) Of course not, he's been found guilty of taking PED's.
b) ......., well, there really isn't a second option.

the vibe of it?

"The Luke Hodge" aka: media generated "good bloke" clause?

You can get that big Easily in a year. Watson was always bulky. A simple change in diet would see him rip up considerably.
Whatever you say........

So let me understand. You can pump weights for 7 years as a professional and have professional dietary advice and look like Jobe did, but then you can bulk up easily in a year with a simple dietary change.

Yeah sure thing.

You can believe what you like too, just like me....

Maybe you can go to all those gyms and tell the guys there to stop wasting their money and just go on your simple diet!

So much so that he won't be a part of the final decision

The AFL are so soft on the drug cheats, it's laughable to call this a sport anymore
AFL are soft on any drug cheats but my god......................don't you ever ever ever place a $5 bet by mistake because if you do the AFL will drag your name through the mud and come down on you like a tonne of bricks.........however, take drugs and they will do everything within their power to protect you.

Whatever you say........

So let me understand. You can pump weights for 7 years as a professional and have professional dietary advice and look like Jobe did, but then you can bulk up easily in a year with a simple dietary change.

Yeah sure thing.

Maybe you can go to all those gyms and tell the guys there to stop wasting their money and just go on your simple diet!

They are given advice...they don't have to take it.

If you already have bulk and totally change your diet you can easily change shape like that.

If stewie dew stopped stuffing his face with pies andcut on his diet he would have been staunch also.

Easily if you take supplements to enhance your size and focus only on bulking up, otherwise BS, not with the amount of aerobic exercise the footballers do.

Easily if you take supplements to enhance your size and focus only on bulking up, otherwise BS, not with the amount of aerobic exercise the footballers do.

your are both full of it

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-...ers-have-changed-their-body-shape-over-summer

have a read.

some players are putting on up to 5kg+ of muscle in off seasons. Combined with stricter than usual diets there's no reason why players aren't drastically changing their physiques in a short period of time. 5kg of muscle in 6 months is absolutely ******* insane if you are not aware.

Not to mention that Essendon had a very high focus on bulk building at the end of the 2011 season, so they hit the gym harder than any other club. Which is was led to a high amount of soft tissue injuries that year.

you should apply for a job with ACA. Would be great. ******* ghost hunters.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your are both full of it

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-...ers-have-changed-their-body-shape-over-summer

have a read.

some players are putting on up to 5kg+ of muscle in off seasons. Combined with stricter than usual diets there's no reason why players aren't drastically changing their physiques in a short period of time. 5kg of muscle in 6 months is absolutely ******* insane if you are not aware.

Not to mention that Essendon had a very high focus on bulk building at the end of the 2011 season, so they hit the gym harder than any other club. Which is was led to a high amount of soft tissue injuries that year.

You need to read before posting, 6 of those players have lost weight not bulked up and pretty much all the players that have put on bulk are 1st and 2nd year players where that is expected

None of these were in their 7th season of proper diets and weight training.

You should apply for a job with Essendon you will fit in nicely with the BS artists and spin Doctors that make up much of the club.

your are both full of it

have a read.

Nice try

If you already have bulk and totally change your diet you can easily change shape like that.

If stewie dew stopped stuffing his face with pies andcut on his diet he would have been staunch also.
Or you can take performance enhancing drugs and get huge really quickly with greatly improved stamina and strength.

If stewie dew stopped stuffing his face with pies and cut on his diet he would have been staunch also.

"These blokes were hacks and suddenly we are built like Hercules and flogging teams ... do the maths ya d#%$heads"

el-risitas-protagoniza-un-video-en-egipto-6043450.jpg

Whatever you say........

Yeah sure thing.

I wish Collingwood had that diet. s**t I wish I did. As long as it's legal, oh wait......sorry.

And there's your problem. I'm sure your mind is firmly made up beyond any prospect of change, but at least try to consider the following. These arguments you make are actually signposts towards PED use, not away from it.

When athletes use the juice to put on muscle mass in a hurry, the muscles don't just sprout out of their own accord like corn cobs. The juice allows the athlete to work much harder and more often than he could without the drugs. To hit the gym harder....

And. It is known that one of the major problems with drug assisted rapid muscle growth is that the ligaments and supporting tissue aren't able to keep up. Which leads to a high amount of soft tissue injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back