Mitchell Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

****, the way some of you gutless campaigners try and project your personal issues into hatred of Mitch Marsh... Have you ever heard of batsmen being developed? Finding form? Spending a year taming technical deficiencies?

The bloke has improved. Massively. Certainly deserves another good crack at the side.

Say...like Glenn Maxwell perhaps?

Say...like Glenn Maxwell perhaps?
if this test was at the SCG I have no doubt Maxwell, deservingly, would have got the nod ahead of Marsh.

I hope all the haters enjoyed their cornflakes this morning with a healthy dose of Mmarsh urine.

2 wickets @ 45 bowling in only 3 innings for the season classifies him as an in form seaming all rounder?
He was a known quality with the ball and was dropped because his batting wasn't up to par, he's having a career purple patch with the bat and thus in form

His bowling is there to chop out the front line quicks and to maybe take a wicket or two per test, is it that hard to comprehend?

Still offended I see, if you can't follow the Aussies team without being a Vic fanboii perhaps cricket is not for you.
If you can't respond to a post without making baseless assumptions then this forum is not for you, don't see me campaigning anywhere for maxwell or handscomb to be included in the side now do you?

If you can't respond to a post without making baseless assumptions then this forum is not for you, don't see me campaigning anywhere for maxwell or handscomb to be included in the side now do you?

You don't see me whinging about who plays in the side, I support the team regardless of who plays , your arguments are full of s**t , Mitch deserves to be in the side end of story ,the selectors have been proven right not with just his selection this summer.

Marsh has certainly improved his footwork since I last saw him. Interviewed on the ABC and said just propping the front foot fwd wasn't going to work and he worked on it. Good on him. Genuinely hope he gets 200 and goes on to make runs in more challenging situations.

Well done to him.

Vics need to play like Bradman to get into the team and are shifted very quickly out of the team as well.

Having said that,rapt for M Marsh and Smithy.
Marsh played his innings like it was a grand final, because it was. Already outscored Spudcomb in one innings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't see me whinging about who plays in the side, I support the team regardless of who plays , your arguments are full of s**t , Mitch deserves to be in the side end of story ,the selectors have been proven right not with just his selection this summer.
If they come out prior to the test and said we want to bring in a favoured son on a flat deck in the hopes of him scoring some runs and we don't expect him to bowl much then I have absolutely no problem with it. Don't feed us that rubbish that the bowlers who have comfortably cleaned up England twice need a bit of a chop out for 15 mins twice a day.

I have zero problem with mitch marsh, congratulations to him on taking the opportunity given to him and making something of it.

Holy s**t dude give it a rest.

Mitch Marsh could cure cancer tonight and you'd say 'why didn't you do it earlier?' or 'Glenn Maxwell is still a superior medical researcher'.

For f***'s sake it seems no matter what he does nothing will shut up his persistent hardcore band of haters.

Holy s**t dude give it a rest.

Mitch Marsh could cure cancer tonight and you'd say 'why didn't you do it earlier?' or 'Glenn Maxwell is still a superior medical researcher'.

For f***'s sake it seems no matter what he does nothing will shut up his persistent hardcore band of haters.

I hope he makes 300 now, not sure how people will find a way to denigrate that.

I slagged off his selection before hand but I’m not so determined to be proven right that I’ll double down endlessly like some here

I hope he makes 300 now, not sure how people will find a way to denigrate that.

I slagged off his selection before hand but I’m not so determined to be proven right that I’ll double down endlessly like some here

You bet they will anyway.

Road, Maxwell could hit 300 with one hand behind his back, s**t bowling attack etc etc

I was one of those bemused by Mitch Marsh being included but given what happened yesterday I was wise enough to shut up about it and acknowledge I was wrong. The rationale for his selection was sound and once he was announced to be in the squad you should always want him to do well. Yet a fair amount of posters were still hoping he'd fail.

'Supporters' my arse.

Marsh played his innings like it was a grand final, because it was. Already outscored Spudcomb in one innings

Now,now.

Handscomb’s catch turned this test around.

England were settled and looking at a score of 500 plus until the Victorian saved our team.

So this thread has devolved into 3 types:

1. People that have an irrational hatred of Mitch Marsh and perhaps of everyone in the Marsh family (less than a handful of posters),
2. People that felt his selection wasn't deserving, but are genuinely happy for his performance and hope he is able to turn it into a period of good form in the Test team, and
3. People from WA (presumably, based on their AFL team) calling out every Type #2 poster as being a Type #1 poster that is overcome with State parochialism.

Oh what fun.

Vics need to play like Bradman to get into the team and are shifted very quickly out of the team as well.
Give it a rest. If the Bushrangers weren't the Shield's retirement home, you might actually develop more talent.

The fact you lose all your best fast bowling prospects to AFL doesn't help either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back