Mitchell Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow that’s 3 WA poster deflections in 24 hours.
Come on chumps. Refute something for once.
Good lord, you're condescending.

He's been our second best bat this series. He's hardly our biggest issue, especially given the bans of Smith, Warner and Bancroft. You've stated before that you would prefer Maxwell over him. So, if we can remove a players high score in recent times, let's do the same for him. This shield season, he scored 707 runs at 50.50, with a high score of 278. Remove that, and he averages 33. Point is, you can't just remove stats to suit your own opinion.

Won’t serve much good for Bancroft, as due to rules of Perth grade, the CA bans also bans him from grade
Yes I did read that and there was moves to lift this. Makes sense to me to lift it.

Failing that I wonder if Bancroft would be served to play in Sydney or Melbourne grade whilst ineligible for Perth grade.

He's been our second best bat this series. He's hardly our biggest issue, especially given the bans of Smith, Warner and Bancroft. You've stated before that you would prefer Maxwell over him. So, if we can remove a players high score in recent times, let's do the same for him. This shield season, he scored 707 runs at 50.50, with a high score of 278. Remove that, and he averages 33. Point is, you can't just remove stats to suit your own opinion.
What has happened to other players is in no way relevant to his performances and their deservedness to be critiqued. So stop deflecting on to other players. Why do you all do that?

1 decent score and 7 under 50 on this tour. Again, in difficult conditions he’s shown he can’t hack it. That was predicted in the Summer in the midst of everyone riding his dick for a flat track ton. I’ll make another prediction for you, should he be selected for the Ashes (god help us) he will fail dismally in England.

Don’t deflect to Usman or to Burns or to Paine. This thread is about Mitch Marsh and his performances, which are rather abject.

What has happened to other players is in no way relevant to his performances and their deservedness to be critiqued. So stop deflecting on to other players. Why do you all do that?

1 decent score and 7 under 50 on this tour. Again, in difficult conditions he’s shown he can’t hack it. That was predicted in the Summer in the midst of everyone riding his dick for a flat track ton. I’ll make another prediction for you, should he be selected for the Ashes (god help us) he will fail dismally in England.

Don’t deflect to Usman or to Burns or to Paine. This thread is about Mitch Marsh and his performances, which are rather abject.
So what you're saying is, we should be holding him to different standards to the rest of our players? Unless I've been living in a dream world until now, comparing a player to others is a good way of seeing where they're at. But of course, that would just be deflecting, wouldn't it?

So what you're saying is, we should be holding him to different standards to the rest of our players? Unless I've been living in a dream world until now, comparing a player to others is a good way of seeing where they're at. But of course, that would just be deflecting, wouldn't it?
No not at all. Other players underperforming deserve criticism too.
I know myself I was critical of Renshaw’s lack of runs before the summer. Critical of Handscomb’s footwork (which still needs a lot of work). Had no qualms when Wade was dropped, I merely stated Nevill wasn’t the solution and the selectors showed they agreed.

But by all means ignore and forget that. I’m not comparing him to other players, other players are equally in need of a kick up the arse. 1 score of note on a 4 test tour is simply not good enough. His average hasn’t touched 30 yet.

If that’s deemed good enough for a spot in the Australian cricket team then we’re in strife for a lot longer than these 1 year bans. If that’s true then Sutherland should be sacked for failing to develop and nurture Australian cricket.

Explain to us all how this was making runs on a road in easy conditions

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...land-4th-test-eng-tour-of-aus-and-nz-2017-18/

29* off 166 balls to help save the match for Australia

Meritorious innings.

Please note that domestically and internationally there was not 1 result on the MCG this season.

That's nice dear, doesn't change the fact that if Mitch didn't bunker down with Smith we would have lost that test.

That's nice dear, doesn't change the fact that if Mitch didn't bunker down with Smith we would have lost that test.
Not you too Kane :(

Don’t know why so many are so eager to defend this bloke.
I’m fully aware he won’t be dropped, also fully aware that it will cost us dearly the longer that ensues.

There are a fair few before the Marshs in the queue when it comes to blame for this car crash of a tour.

Their inconsistency doesn't help to appease the 'whipping boy' brigade. You just need to look at the comments of the peanut gallery when they were brought back into the team after been dropped.

It seems to be that apart from Warner & Smith all of the current batsmen have no consistency. They may have reasonable averages, when really what should be looked at is their median scores.

Anyway there won't be any changes to the squad due to the disastrous nature of the tour so there will be plenty of opportunities to solidify test spots.

Our second best bat? Since when? 3 players made more runs and two of them played one less test... Add to that Smith had a higher average and he's 5th best bat batting at 6.. so, the only person he scored more than is his brother who is also s**t. He had one big score and 7 small ones. Stop defending the indefensible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh and Mitch Marsh is injured

"
Marsh to undergo ankle surgery
Allrounder set to miss county stint with Surrey, targeting limited-overs tour of England for return
"

So basically he was playing injured...

No not at all. Other players underperforming deserve criticism too.
I know myself I was critical of Renshaw’s lack of runs before the summer. Critical of Handscomb’s footwork (which still needs a lot of work). Had no qualms when Wade was dropped, I merely stated Nevill wasn’t the solution and the selectors showed they agreed.

But by all means ignore and forget that. I’m not comparing him to other players, other players are equally in need of a kick up the arse. 1 score of note on a 4 test tour is simply not good enough. His average hasn’t touched 30 yet.

If that’s deemed good enough for a spot in the Australian cricket team then we’re in strife for a lot longer than these 1 year bans. If that’s true then Sutherland should be sacked for failing to develop and nurture Australian cricket.

Point everyone is making is unless you are dropping the rest of the top 6 you aren't dropping Mitch yet.

If Maxi comes in it would be for Handscomb or Uzzie, not Mitch.

Obviously if Mitch fails early next summer (as apparently we aren't playing any tests against Zimbabwe or Bangladesh) he will go out of the side. So barring bad shield form or a whole herd of batsmen banging the door down prior to the 1st test against India, he will play. In an ideal world where we have heaps of options and have the depth we had in Australian cricket 15-20 years ago he would be under way more pressure, but that isn't the current reality.

Their inconsistency doesn't help to appease the 'whipping boy' brigade. You just need to look at the comments of the peanut gallery when they were brought back into the team after been dropped.

It seems to be that apart from Warner & Smith all of the current batsmen have no consistency. They may have reasonable averages, when really what should be looked at is their median scores.

Anyway there won't be any changes to the squad due to the disastrous nature of the tour so there will be plenty of opportunities to solidify test spots.

If you looked at form in SA as a guide to future selection you would be dropping 9 players from the side in Joberg

As much as there is still questions over Mitch Marsh's ability to be a test batsmen, of the available batsmen since the start of the Bangladesh series:

Most Runs: S Marsh (592), U Khawaja (500), M Marsh (496)
Highest Average: T Paine (45.22), M Marsh (45.09), S Marsh (42.28) with no one else above Maxwell's 33.33 from 2 tests.

You still need to pick your best six, and on form the two Marsh's are top six, whether we like that or not.

Forget building for a tour to england we are in a real crisis and all that matters is stopping india from humiliating us at home next summer so only question is which blokes can score runs at home?

Marsh did last summer so for me he stays, marsh usman burns renshaw whoever we pick we aren't winning a 5 test series in England the batting just isn't there so the rebuild can wait, we go with the ones who have scored runs at home and just hope for the best.

Not you too Kane :(

Don’t know why so many are so eager to defend this bloke.
I’m fully aware he won’t be dropped, also fully aware that it will cost us dearly the longer that ensues.
We've just lost three bats for a year, what on earth makes you think we have the depth to drop Mitch who, by all standard measures, has performed well recently?

We've just lost three bats for a year, what on earth makes you think we have the depth to drop Mitch who, by all standard measures, has performed well recently?
Seriously read then come back. "I’m fully aware he won’t be dropped"

By all standard measures. * off.
He's been average at best.

People have shown you his recent averages and performances. Most people change their opinions when the facts change. Good on you for bucking that trend :p
Stats are like miniskirts. They show you everything except the important part.

His record taking out that massive outlier at the WACA is nothing special.
His record in swinging conditions of NZ, Eng and SA are abysmal, and will be once more next Ashes (should they not dump his sorry arse)

Stats are like miniskirts. They show you everything except the important part.

His record taking out that massive outlier at the WACA is nothing special.
His record in swinging conditions of NZ, Eng and SA are abysmal, and will be once more next Ashes (should they not dump his sorry arse)
So if you take out his best performance, he appears to be worse than he is? Did you know if you take out his worst performance, he starts to look a little better? Crazy days :p

So if you take out his best performance, he appears to be worse than he is? Did you know if you take out his worst performance, he starts to look a little better? Crazy days :p
Missing the point entirely.
That was on the flattest road imaginable, the knock is the ability to score in hard conditions.

You know we're gonna have a tough time at Edgbaston, Headingly and Old Trafford next year right?
Now if we lose 3 tests that little urn goes *NTTAWWT*... Maybe we should put a line through guys that will liabilities. I know radical thoughts.

Maybe we should put a line through guys that will liabilities. I know radical thoughts.
The problem is there are gaping flaws in every single batsmen contending for a position in our top six.

We can't put a line through all of them. We still have to a field a team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back