Toast Mitch's recovery process

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 23, 2004
At the Portsea shack
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
So I see on the news Mitch Clark will say on the Footy Show tonight that he's considering a come back *swoons*

A mo-fo come back! What is the status of his contract with us? Would it be straightforward to get him back, if he decided to?

Last edited:
I can't see a thread in this but if there is discussion already, mods pls delete...

So I see on the news Mitch Clark will say on the Footy Show tonight that he's considering a come back *swoons*

A mo-fo come back! What is the status of his contract with us. Would it be straightforward to get him back, if he decided to?

I guess he wouldn't mention it if it wasn't really on the cards. * YEAH!

Did he actually say he'll come back, from what I've heard he said he won't rule it out but at this stage its unlikely, I guess we'll just have to see the interview.

A mo-fo come back! What is the status of his contract with us? Would it be straightforward to get him back, if he decided to?
He's a delisted free agent, can sign with anyone, could also sign with us for a lot cheaper.

Considering he went through all the trouble of officially delisting himself from our club, I do fear that if he does in fact return to football... it won't be for us. But rather, the eagles or the dockers. And tbh... I don't like the sound of that. At all.

Did he actually say he'll come back, from what I've heard he said he won't rule it out but at this stage its unlikely, I guess we'll just have to see the interview.

He's a delisted free agent, can sign with anyone, could also sign with us for a lot cheaper.

The way I look at it is why would you make a statement like that if you were not 80-90% going to follow through. He would just let everyone down if he doesn't. I reckon he knows he is coming back and is just prepping the media for it.

Considering he went through all the trouble of officially delisting himself from our club, I do fear that if he does in fact return to football... it won't be for us. But rather, the eagles or the dockers. And tbh... I don't like the sound of that. At all.

I love the sound of that if it means that Mitch is healthy.

Good for him if he is healthy, yes. But the time in which it's occurred makes me wonder if part of the reason was that he wanted to get out of Melbourne and back home. Seems a little soon to already be considering a move back to footy. But maybe that's just me.

Well if he makes it back - great. For us - awesome. I won't dare boo him if he pulls on another jumper.
I wouldn't boo him necessarily. But it wouldn't feel good to see him in another jumper. Good for him, yes. But still a little heart-breaking.

He did say, when he retired, did he not, that he'd always consider himself a Demon. For what that's worth, I mean he would say that wouldn't he. Still, hopeful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's true. He did say that. So maybe there's a chance, but I don't know. lol

If he did decide that he wanted to return and that he wanted to play for us though, how does that happen? How does he get back onto our list? Anyone know how that works?

WRT delisted FA, it's only if the club delists the player that they can become a delisted FA.

Having said that I don't think a player can delist them self whilst under contract so technically it would be deemed as the club delisting him even though it was probably his request.

Will be interesting to hear what he says.

Cant see anyone signing him to big money after being diagnosed with depression.

Eagles and Dockers may have a look but all clubs im sure will be a lil bit hesitant, including our own. Would love him back but not something to get your hopes up about, i would love him back with us but preferably as a rookie, just to see how he adjusts/goes being back as a footballer, both for himself and the club.

I wish him all the best whatever happens, be it with us, another club or continues to remain retired.

Yeah, I thought we did delist him. Isn't that why he came back a while ago? He had a meeting with us behind doors, then he was officially delisted or something. From memory. Maybe part of that discussion was a way back in if anything should change? (which maybe it has now?)

I hate to sound like a douche, but if he comes back and plays for a WA based club I'd be pretty disappointed.

Depression is pretty serious yet apparently he can start training for a return to footy just a couple months after he called it quits? Sounds a bit iffy to me.

A couple of months is a long time , it's the longest away from footy he would have been for a decade without being forced to do any recovery or check in with the club

But he wouldn't play for someone else I wouldn't think , considering he quit out of guilt to the club I doubt he would then run out for someone else , seems to be a Melbourne man now

Good for him if he is healthy, yes. But the time in which it's occurred makes me wonder if part of the reason was that he wanted to get out of Melbourne and back home. Seems a little soon to already be considering a move back to footy. But maybe that's just me.
Research will tell you that Clark and fiance are happily settled in Melbourne.

From a footy point of view, bring it on.

From my point of view, I really hope he actually is ready and can come back and live with having been/being depressed. It's not an injury that heals, it needs to be managed for years.

I hate to sound like a douche, but if he comes back and plays for a WA based club I'd be pretty disappointed.

Depression is pretty serious yet apparently he can start training for a return to footy just a couple months after he called it quits? Sounds a bit iffy to me.
The stuff ITT is seriously disgusting. Just shut it. He has never given ANY indication that he wants to play for someone else. Don't let your own insecurities define his health battles while you're at it.

Just throwing it out there....
Out there for who? it's none of our ******* business until it happens. The man's health continues to be the most vital thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back