MLB 19 The Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else pre ordered? be good to play against someone from here.
I am skipping this year, unless it goes on sale in the next few months for about half the price and i feel motivated enough to bother.

I only ever play franchise so when it is plainly obvious they have stopped supporting the mode i play i will stop buying.
I would be happy if they just improved and fixed what features are currently there, hell i would be happy if they added a screen that showed a rundown of the days results and a few notables or how about fixing it so players can get injured during sep/oct that has been a issue the last few years. Rotating the inter-league schedule, i mean how bloody hard is that to fix and has been asked for for many years.

I will just continue my rangers franchise in 18, currently 3 games all against Cleveland in the ALCS with game 7 in Cleveland.
Plus it would be strange playing franchise in 19 without Adrian Beltre, he has always been a player i have hit consistently well with over the years.

Sadly i think sports games are just about dead for me, The Show was the only sports game i have purchased the last 3-4 years. Since NHL94 i don't think i have gone a year without buying a sports game.

It's pretty sad that most of the sports franchises out there bank on Diamond Dynasty or Madden Ultimate Team or whatever. Clearly it keeps the cash registers clicking over but it does mean that other aspects of the game get neglected.

I haven't bought this game since MLB 16 The Show. I used to love Road To The Show especially. Nothing like working your way up from the minors to play in the big leagues, get shafted by a manager who will continue to play a plainly inferior player over you and then find out you've been traded to the San Diego Padres.

I'm too old to care about franchise mode anymore, franchise modes in sports games are so boring.

It's all about playing against other humans, why play against the computer when you can play other humans

im thinking about getting this skipped last years, much improvement ?
Huge improvement in my opinion. I don't play franchise mode so i can't speak for that but DD is a big improvement and the best it's been in a long time. Added modes for offline play keep it fresh and the monotonous stat grinds aren't as bad.

The new March to October and Moments modes are fun and also challenging but if you're into DD the end game rewards for these modes are pretty good from what I've seen from others who've gone through them.

Gameplay wise it's more polished, fielding is a bit more difficult which can get annoying sometimes but not really game breaking. Hitting is improved, contact hitters finally matter this year.

Definitely worth picking up in my opinion. If you're a DD plsy i recommend getting the MVP edition which is only 5 or 6 bucks more than the standard but you get a choice of 1 of 30 diamond flashback or legend players (which are sellable) and a 10 pack bundle to get you started.

Huge improvement in my opinion. I don't play franchise mode so i can't speak for that but DD is a big improvement and the best it's been in a long time. Added modes for offline play keep it fresh and the monotonous stat grinds aren't as bad.

The new March to October and Moments modes are fun and also challenging but if you're into DD the end game rewards for these modes are pretty good from what I've seen from others who've gone through them.

Gameplay wise it's more polished, fielding is a bit more difficult which can get annoying sometimes but not really game breaking. Hitting is improved, contact hitters finally matter this year.

Definitely worth picking up in my opinion. If you're a DD plsy i recommend getting the MVP edition which is only 5 or 6 bucks more than the standard but you get a choice of 1 of 30 diamond flashback or legend players (which are sellable) and a 10 pack bundle to get you started.
I norm play road to the show, had a hand in the fifa ultimate teams and ufc gets a bit much after a while

Playing career mode as pitcher, made all star after my 4th season with the Padres and then they trade me to the blue jays where I stunk it up for a season and now with the Braves.

Playing career mode as pitcher, made all star after my 4th season with the Padres and then they trade me to the blue jays where I stunk it up for a season and now with the Braves.
how many hours did you put in to get there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's good to know because I am struggling with batting at the moment.

Before the pitcher bowls you gotta hold the left joystick to the direction you want to hit. Then just as the ball gets to you you hit. You gotta press x, circle or square just before it comes to you. Try practice for a bit you'll get it. If you want to play a game sometime too let me know

yeah ive been working road to the show as a pitcher closer 3 seasons to get to the majors
3 years and you're still not in the majors?

How many hours have you been playing?

too many, depends on what position your playing. when i was jiust closing wasnt too bad one innings at a time sort a thing. but they move you around being middle relive you seems to pitch more innings and more games. im in the majors in my third season after doing well in spring training pitched over twenty times lol.

MLB The Show 19 is the free game for PS-Plus members this month. I'll be adding it to my library, for sure.
Added it. Very obsessive.
Batting is an art. Almost like you have to choose pitches wisely. Massive slump atm. I like it like that, not simply just mash buttons and blast homers

how did you got about negotiating you wage go for long term deals or short. im on 3rd season just made all star but playing it at a level bellow where im at

how did you got about negotiating you wage go for long term deals or short. im on 3rd season just made all star but playing it at a level bellow where im at
I do short term. Been on Kansas and they are trash as. Generally it’s Pittsburgh, Houston and Boston making the World Series in my career mode

Remove this Banner Ad

Back