MLB 19 The Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoyed this game but I had to stop as a pitcher at the age of 43.

I kept on improving in all my stats and I didn't have the time to pitch until I was 50 years old.

Didn't want to start a new thread for MLB the Show 23, but the early access starts tomorrow at 3pm AEDT. I have pre-loaded the game from the Gamepass onto my Xbox, but won't be able to play until the 29th of March (I think). Still tossing up whether to buy the digital deluxe version for my PS5 in order to gain access to the WBC cards that are supposedly only available for digital deluxe and captain's edition players, because Yoenis Cespedes is among the cards available to those people, and he would be a part of my Oakland A's theme team.

Anyway, they're bringing in ranked coop this season, so if anyone wants to play some ranked coop, just drop your gamertag here and we should see if we can get some teams together. I didn't start playing ranked until late in the 22 game cycle and maxed out at 597 ranking.

Haven't played since 21 but I did absolutely love it last time around.

I am playing through MLB The Show 22 currently. I love just buying a new MLB game every 3-4 years and playing 2-3 career seasons on it. The most fun sports game around IMO and it is one you can keep the rosters relatively up to date for multiple years of a career, given you can do trading between CPU teams etc.

I am playing through MLB The Show 22 currently. I love just buying a new MLB game every 3-4 years and playing 2-3 career seasons on it. The most fun sports game around IMO and it is one you can keep the rosters relatively up to date for multiple years of a career, given you can do trading between CPU teams etc.
It’s a brilliant game. The earning for cards is refreshing and grinding.

I was a FIFA boy myself, however the no rewards for any decent cards by EA just made me lose interest.

Diamond Dynasty is where it’s at. Can’t wait for the Negro League addition. Paige Satchel should be the 99 reward in this game

Also does anyone have favourite MLB The Shower YouTuber?

Didn't want to start a new thread for MLB the Show 23, but the early access starts tomorrow at 3pm AEDT. I have pre-loaded the game from the Gamepass onto my Xbox, but won't be able to play until the 29th of March (I think). Still tossing up whether to buy the digital deluxe version for my PS5 in order to gain access to the WBC cards that are supposedly only available for digital deluxe and captain's edition players, because Yoenis Cespedes is among the cards available to those people, and he would be a part of my Oakland A's theme team.

Anyway, they're bringing in ranked coop this season, so if anyone wants to play some ranked coop, just drop your gamertag here and we should see if we can get some teams together. I didn't start playing ranked until late in the 22 game cycle and maxed out at 597 ranking.
597 is decent. Got to 720. Once you hit that level, the skill gap is ridiculous. Think it goes from All Star difficulty to Legend. So intense.

99 Bryce Harper and 99 Ken Griffey Jr were insane.

It’s a brilliant game. The earning for cards is refreshing and grinding.

I was a FIFA boy myself, however the no rewards for any decent cards by EA just made me lose interest.

Diamond Dynasty is where it’s at. Can’t wait for the Negro League addition. Paige Satchel should be the 99 reward in this game

Also does anyone have favourite MLB The Shower YouTuber?

CBrev's What Would Brev Do? series of videos on YouTube are the best series of videos hands down. He's a top-50 player and is now employed by San Diego Studios as a community manager, but he will still be making videos for 2023 (he confirmed this to me on stream). He plays ranked games and talks through his thought processes both batting and pitching. A must-watch if you want to improve.

From an entertainment perspective, I got hooked on KevinGohD's BR Extreme series where he put up his prized Bo Bichette jersey if he couldn't go flawless in Battle Royale. He is a master of the deadpan humour and he is literally someone who plays the Show sitting in his basement talking to the computer. Doesn't stream any more but makes some cracker YouTube videos.

Thirdly, I would watch DaddyDimmu. He's one of the bigger content creators for MLB the Show (he averages 1000+ viewers on a Twitch stream, even when he's not streaming the Show but games like Madden or NCAA Football). Braves' fan and really funny guy.

597 is decent. Got to 720. Once you hit that level, the skill gap is ridiculous. Think it goes from All Star difficulty to Legend. So intense.

99 Bryce Harper and 99 Ken Griffey Jr were insane.

When I got to 597, I played a few players in the 600s, and got beaten pretty easily each time. Definitely a skill gap for me going from the high 500s to the 600s and beyond.

I also only use meter pitching, because I have struggled with pinpoint (I have some issues with my hands and wrists that make it difficult for me to trace the pattern for accurate pinpoint), which isn't the most competitive, but I really struggle with pitch recognition when batting.

I loved Takashi Jimmie Foxx and 2022 Finest J-Ram. Best two bats on my team, by miles. Struggled with the Takashi Ken Griffey Jr to the point that I benched him for Finest Mickey Mantle and went 2022 Finest Brian Reynolds in left, 2022 Finest Mike Trout in centre and Mantle in right.

As mentioned earlier, I didn't start playing ranked until late in the season (2022 was the first time I've ever played Diamond Dynasty, as I've previously only ever played RTTS, but that's a shell of itself now), so will definitely be playing a lot more online play in 2023.

CBrev's What Would Brev Do? series of videos on YouTube are the best series of videos hands down. He's a top-50 player and is now employed by San Diego Studios as a community manager, but he will still be making videos for 2023 (he confirmed this to me on stream). He plays ranked games and talks through his thought processes both batting and pitching. A must-watch if you want to improve.

From an entertainment perspective, I got hooked on KevinGohD's BR Extreme series where he put up his prized Bo Bichette jersey if he couldn't go flawless in Battle Royale. He is a master of the deadpan humour and he is literally someone who plays the Show sitting in his basement talking to the computer. Doesn't stream any more but makes some cracker YouTube videos.

Thirdly, I would watch DaddyDimmu. He's one of the bigger content creators for MLB the Show (he averages 1000+ viewers on a Twitch stream, even when he's not streaming the Show but games like Madden or NCAA Football). Braves' fan and really funny guy.
Exactly the three that’s my favourites too.
KevinGoHD’s Battle Royale run was legendary and probably the only youtuber that’s I was refreshing every day during that series. Reached the next level. First subscribed to him in The Show 17, so it was a let down after let down with BR.

Not surprised at CBrev. Ultra cool, calm and funny guy. Never rages at the game for ‘not being rewarded’ on perfect perfects for example. Smart guy too. Surprised doesn’t get more subscribers vs YourFrienKyle who’s incredible at the game but cringey and loud.

Check out LittleMann17 who’s pretty epic at the game and fun to watch. Adam Samuels too is fun.

Check out LittleMann17 who’s pretty epic at the game and fun to watch. Adam Samuels too is fun.

I don't particularly like LittleMann. I find that he can have a nasty attitude towards players worse than him when he's playing on stream. Haven't watched Adam Samuels.

MisterGraavy was another good Youtuber. He was running an "Iron Man" challenge where he wouldn't buy any players in the marketplace, and would only quick sell duplicates. The ultimate aim was to get to world series, but his partner got pregnant so he stopped making YouTube videos to get ready to become a father.

Some nice WBC cards. The 99 Trea Turner yet again looks insane.

Would have liked an Australian in then line up. Nearly every country has a card, even Chinese Taipei, UK and Israel.

A Perkins card would’ve been cool. Even Van Steensel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't particularly like LittleMann. I find that he can have a nasty attitude towards players worse than him when he's playing on stream. Haven't watched Adam Samuels.

MisterGraavy was another good Youtuber. He was running an "Iron Man" challenge where he wouldn't buy any players in the marketplace, and would only quick sell duplicates. The ultimate aim was to get to world series, but his partner got pregnant so he stopped making YouTube videos to get ready to become a father.
Not as bad as Fuzzy tbh. Absolutely cannot stand him. Gone all snobby and wannabe since MLB 20. Focuses more on MLB reporting these days. Whenever he plays, It’s just cringe..

When I got to 597, I played a few players in the 600s, and got beaten pretty easily each time. Definitely a skill gap for me going from the high 500s to the 600s and beyond.

I also only use meter pitching, because I have struggled with pinpoint (I have some issues with my hands and wrists that make it difficult for me to trace the pattern for accurate pinpoint), which isn't the most competitive, but I really struggle with pitch recognition when batting.

I loved Takashi Jimmie Foxx and 2022 Finest J-Ram. Best two bats on my team, by miles. Struggled with the Takashi Ken Griffey Jr to the point that I benched him for Finest Mickey Mantle and went 2022 Finest Brian Reynolds in left, 2022 Finest Mike Trout in centre and Mantle in right.

As mentioned earlier, I didn't start playing ranked until late in the season (2022 was the first time I've ever played Diamond Dynasty, as I've previously only ever played RTTS, but that's a shell of itself now), so will definitely be playing a lot more online play in 2023.
That Jimmie Foxx is disgusting. The C secondary completes it. 125 everything.
Mantle and Ohtani is ridiculously hard to get. Quite a lot of Stubbs to complete collections. 99 Mantle is always the best card ever since MLB 20.

99 Vlad Guerrero Snr is underrated. Plus probably the best HR moonshot animation

Have it downloaded and ready to go on my Xbox, but decided against buying early access, so won't be playing it until Wednesday evening, and then will be at the Grand Prix for four days, so won't be grinding much until next week. Been watching a few streamers play it, and Kevin has uploaded a couple of videos. Apparently there's already a 99 overall Mike Trout from chase packs.

If anyone is doing the big live series collection to unlock Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire and Derek Jeter, it is advisable to try to get the Padres done as soon as possible. Currently, Fernando Tatis Jr is not part of the live series collection because he still had 20 games of his suspension to serve carried over from last season. When his suspension is lifted, SDS will have to reintroduce him into the game, which will make their collection a lot more expensive. Plus, at the moment, only Manny is a diamond, so players like Xander, Soto and Hader are all golds, which means they're relatively cheap at the moment. I just need Darvish and Manny to complete the Padres' collection.

Looks like the gatekeepers for finishing the live series collection are:

• Mike Trout
  • Shohei Ohtani
  • Jacob DeGrom
  • Aaron Judge
  • Mookie Betts
Right now, their prices are all 100K+ stubs, with Trout at 261,000 stubs.

Unfortunately, I'm yet to pull a diamond from a Show pack, which sucks.

If anyone is doing the big live series collection to unlock Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire and Derek Jeter, it is advisable to try to get the Padres done as soon as possible. Currently, Fernando Tatis Jr is not part of the live series collection because he still had 20 games of his suspension to serve carried over from last season. When his suspension is lifted, SDS will have to reintroduce him into the game, which will make their collection a lot more expensive. Plus, at the moment, only Manny is a diamond, so players like Xander, Soto and Hader are all golds, which means they're relatively cheap at the moment. I just need Darvish and Manny to complete the Padres' collection.

Looks like the gatekeepers for finishing the live series collection are:

• Mike Trout
  • Shohei Ohtani
  • Jacob DeGrom
  • Aaron Judge
  • Mookie Betts
Right now, their prices are all 100K+ stubs, with Trout at 261,000 stubs.

Unfortunately, I'm yet to pull a diamond from a Show pack, which sucks.

I'm sucking at it so far, just started to get my timing right on hitting, haven't played since The Show 20, I haven't pulled any diamonds yet either

I'm sucking at it so far, just started to get my timing right on hitting, haven't played since The Show 20, I haven't pulled any diamonds yet either

I've managed to pull one diamond. LS Carlos Rodon. So many Balling is a Habit and Diamond Duo packs that have given me nothing but silvers and golds. Awful pack luck so far.

Reiterating the PSA from earlier this month. Pretty sure SDS will do their roster update on the weekend, which will bring back Tatis Jr. His price will be sky-high to start with because he'll be a diamond and there will be very short supply of him. Manny's price has been steadily climbing but I doubt the accompanying price crash for Manny will offset the extra stubs that you'll need to buy Fernando.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back